Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
jamesg46

napshnap wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:12 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:36 am
Archangel wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:27 pm
How does all this play out ? Putin is a dictator so will never leave office voluntarily. If he dies suddenly there doesnt seem to be a number 2 or a nominated successor. Therefore there has to be coup or revolt of some kind which could lead to an even deeper crisis and civil war in a nuclear state.
The USA will use the argument, we had no choice, Putin Russia was about to or in the process to causing worldwide catastrophe and needed to act quickly.
What's exactly (without hippie bullshit, rainbow unicorns and hypocritical "moral high ground") in your opinion hold yanks from doing it right now?

They can do it and then say: "oh, it was an asteroid!" or "it was an aliens orbital ion cannon strike!" and you, the people, will eat it without questions.
😂 your comment reminded me of this piece of brilliant piss taking.

https://youtu.be/WVXzwnU1H6U
Archery1969

Around 5,000 Russian troops are currently trapped in Lyman and completey surrounded by Ukraine forces.

They have 2 choices, fight on with limited ammunition, medical and food supplies or surrender.

Will Putin come to their rescue ? :roll:
napshnap

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:38 am
Around 5,000 Russian troops are currently trapped in Lyman and completey surrounded by Ukraine forces.

They have 2 choices, fight on with limited ammunition, medical and food supplies or surrender.

Will Putin come to their rescue ? :roll:
My bet is there is "trading" going on behind the curtains about regional natural gas infrastructure that transports gas to europe and that will define warfare routine.

Just think about it for a sec, it's absolutely insane reality - they don't touch pipes lying on the territory of WARZONE, but bomb pipes that lie hundreds of meters under a calm sea! Crazy!

Economy --> politics --> war.

To jamesg46

Yeah saw it, wanted to post it here but changed my mind.
Derek27

napshnap wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:27 pm
How does all this play out ? Putin is a dictator so will never leave office voluntarily. If he dies suddenly there doesnt seem to be a number 2 or a nominated successor. Therefore there has to be coup or revolt of some kind which could lead to an even deeper crisis and civil war in a nuclear state.
The USA will use the argument, we had no choice, Putin Russia was about to or in the process to causing worldwide catastrophe and needed to act quickly.
What's exactly (without hippie bullshit, rainbow unicorns and hypocritical "moral high ground") in your opinion hold yanks from doing it right now?

They can do it and then say: "oh, it was an asteroid!" or "it was an aliens orbital ion cannon strike!" and you, the people, will eat it without questions.
You're beginning to sound like Alex. He believed whatever he wanted (which is probably why he's struggling as a trader) and assumed the rest of us do the same, except we believe MSM. If we couldn't exercise judgement and recognised incomplete or biased information none of us would be making money trading.
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:46 pm
napshnap wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:

You're beginning to sound like Alex. He believed whatever he wanted (which is probably why he's struggling as a trader) and assumed the rest of us do the same, except we believe MSM. If we couldn't exercise judgement and recognised incomplete or biased information none of us would be making money trading.
Alright, this later part ("asteroids blah blah...") maybe sounded a little bit childish. But I can't explain this terrible cascade of recent years events with simple "oh this just a stupid people in power making stupid decisions", that's not enough for me, not enough for my hungry analytical mind. It's not just a randomness, there should be determination.
Derek27

napshnap wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:46 pm
napshnap wrote:

Alright, this later part ("asteroids blah blah...") maybe sounded a little bit childish. But I can't explain this terrible cascade of recent years events with simple "oh this just a stupid people in power making stupid decisions", that's not enough for me, not enough for my hungry analytical mind. It's not just a randomness, there should be determination.
It's easily explained. Putin's gone flipping nuts. :)

Put aside the fact that he's upset about the USSR, he's surrounded by NATO and he believes Ukraine is full of nazis developing nuclear missiles to attack Russia. The fact that he's sent in 190,000 troops into a "special operation", needs another 300,000 conscripts but it's still only a "special operation", the fact that he can't even bring himself to admit it's a war, threatened people with prison sentences just for saying "war", claims Ukraine is the aggressor when he's invaded a peaceful nation, claims fair referendums when he's killed and displaced the Ukrainians, that tells you how delusional he is.

In any legal dispute, both sides will try to stretch their interpretation of the law to argue their case, but when one side stretches it beyond breaking point there's no need for the other side to do the same. It makes more sense to take the centre ground and expose your opponent's lies. That's the situation we have now. Putin's trying to convince the world that there's no war taking place in Ukraine, despite all the footage we're seeing. There's really no need or incentive for the west to create propaganda, the truth is contradictory enough.
Archery1969

Ukraine has recaptured Lyman after allowing 5,000 Russian troops to retreat.

The worst defeat suffered by Russia since the war began.

Lyman is seen as a key logistical railway hub.

💪
Emmson

https://twitter.com/lilygrutcher/status ... 6739171328

A powerful reminder of what is going on at the front...in Europe 2022
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:53 pm

I didn't know who Kadyrov was so I looked him up on Wikipedia. If that's true they are blindingly up-to-date!

On 1 October 2022, Kadyrov called on Russia to use low-yield nuclear weapons in Ukraine, in response to Russia losing the important Ukrainian town of Lyman.
Archery1969

Emmson wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:53 pm

He is No 1 on Ukraine's hit list, capturing or killing him would mean a massive blow to Putin.
Archangel

I know Putin is a despicable human, but is he mad enough to cross the rubicon and use nuclear weapons which would almost certainly guarantee his own destruction?
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:39 pm
I know Putin is a despicable human, but is he mad enough to cross the rubicon and use nuclear weapons which would almost certainly guarantee his own destruction?
He might very well use hypersonic tactical nukes which have no radiation fallout. Reason being if the wind blows the wrong way he would kill millions of Russian citizens and seriously piss China off forever.

But, apart from Finland, Ukraine has the most Nuclear bunkers per population from the Soviet era. Damage would be severe but nothing like if one or more fell on the UK etc.

I think Putin will use one or more of those type of Nukes.

However, I am also convinced that if he does the USA, NATO and Europe will basically hit Russia with everything they have.
Archery1969

On Friday, Russia vetoed a UN Security Council resolution which would have condemned its annexation of the four occupied regions. Moscow's ambassador, Vasily Nebenzia, complained that it was unprecedented to seek the condemnation of a permanent member of the body.

While the Kremlin's blocking of the motion was anticipated, both India and China abstained.

Archery solution:

Russia
- International arrest warrant for Putin and all members of Russuan lower/upper Parliments.
- All worldwide assets seized.
- All embassies closed by force.

India
- No more visa's to western countries.
- Apple banned from manufacturing there.
- All overseas aid banned.

China
- 200% import tax on all Chinese goods.
- Apple banned from manufacturing there.
- Send 4 Nuclear Submarines to protect Taiwan.

North Korea
- Just Nuke it.

You reckon i would get a job as a diplomat ?

:D
napshnap

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:35 am
You reckon i would get a job as a diplomat ?

:D
- All embassies closed by force.

Totally.
Kai

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:35 am
Archery solution:

Russia
- International arrest warrant for Putin and all members of Russuan lower/upper Parliments.
Putin is untouchable as long as he has this blob of a man as his personal bodyguard, nothing gets past him

Return to “Chill Out Area”