Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:48 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:24 pm
Boris the Buffoon's to be made an honourary citizen of Ukraine. If I was Sunak I'd refuse any further assistance with the war until the decision is reversed.
There be loads of cute Ukraine blonds lining up to shag him. :lol:
They won't sink that low.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:13 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:48 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:24 pm
Boris the Buffoon's to be made an honourary citizen of Ukraine. If I was Sunak I'd refuse any further assistance with the war until the decision is reversed.
There be loads of cute Ukraine blonds lining up to shag him. :lol:
They won't sink that low.
They might for some food and heating!!!!
greenmark

Ukraine war: Putin tells Russian soldiers' mothers he shares their pain.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63760278

Liar, liar, pants on fire.
Derek27

Ukraine managed to destroy air bases deep in Russia with 1970's Soviet drones. Putin under pressure to explain why they couldn't be intercepted. I'm guessing he's used all his air defence missiles to attack Ukraine.
greenmark

Vladimir Putin has vowed to continue attacking Ukraine's energy infrastructure despite millions being left without electricity or water.

"Yes, we do that. But who started it?" the Russian president said at an awards ceremony in the Kremlin.

Er.... I think you'll find you started it!
napshnap

German ex-Chancellor Angela Merkel reveals that in 2014, the Minsk agreements aimed to give Ukraine time to get stronger and for NATO to increase its support to the country in the face of Russia.
https://english.almayadeen.net/news/pol ... raine-time

Hmm, that explains:
This agreement (Minsk II) consisted of a package of measures, including a ceasefire, withdrawal of heavy weapons from the front line, release of prisoners of war, constitutional reform in Ukraine granting self-government to certain areas of Donbas and restoring control of the state border to the Ukrainian government. While fighting subsided following the agreement's signing, it never ended completely, and the agreement's provisions were never fully implemented.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements

Derek27

US supplying Ukraine with Patriot air-defence missiles.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:22 pm
German ex-Chancellor Angela Merkel reveals that in 2014, the Minsk agreements aimed to give Ukraine time to get stronger and for NATO to increase its support to the country in the face of Russia.
https://english.almayadeen.net/news/pol ... raine-time

Hmm, that explains:
This agreement (Minsk II) consisted of a package of measures, including a ceasefire, withdrawal of heavy weapons from the front line, release of prisoners of war, constitutional reform in Ukraine granting self-government to certain areas of Donbas and restoring control of the state border to the Ukrainian government. While fighting subsided following the agreement's signing, it never ended completely, and the agreement's provisions were never fully implemented.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minsk_agreements

So you interpret Merkel's statement as deciet to allow Ukraine to become the point of the Nato sword?
As opposed to our view that the increasing threat from Russia following Crimea's annexation justified supporting a soveriegn state against potential Russian aggression. What happened next? Sure there was civil war occuring in Donbas, but who's business is that? Russia's or Ukraine's?
Putin is shaming Russia.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:03 pm
So you interpret Merkel's statement as deciet to allow Ukraine to become the point of the Nato sword?
As opposed to our view that the increasing threat from Russia following Crimea's annexation justified supporting a soveriegn state against potential Russian aggression. What happened next? Sure there was civil war occuring in Donbas, but who's business is that? Russia's or Ukraine's?
Putin is shaming Russia.
It can be interpreted like a succession of lies starting from verbal promise not to enlarge nato and ending with this revelation that minksII wasn't about de-escalation but about weaponry stuffing. And the picture in the end suggests that diplomats (suspiciously) failed and nobody has a moral high ground in this story.
but who's business is that?
I don't know. Maybe he remembered that photo made in 1999 that convinced Clinton to step in. I don't know what is in the president's head, nobody knows.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:38 pm
greenmark wrote:
Putin is shaming Russia.
It can be interpreted like a succession of lies starting from verbal promise not to enlarge nato and ending with this revelation that minksII wasn't about de-escalation but about weaponry stuffing. And the picture in the end suggests that diplomats (suspiciously) failed and nobody has a moral high ground in this story.
I don't know. Maybe he remembered that photo made in 1999 that convinced Clinton to step in. I don't know what is in the president's head, nobody knows.
No moral high ground indeed.
Meanwhile Russians and Ukrainians have lost (and will continue) to lose people that are irreplaceable and Ukraine is being reduced to chaos.
My understanding is Ukraine is one of the poorest countries in Europe, so this carnage is the last thing they needed.
All desperately sad.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:31 pm
napshnap wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Putin is shaming Russia.
Meanwhile Russians and Ukrainians have lost (and will continue) to lose people that are irreplaceable and Ukraine is being reduced to chaos.
This is the thing that saddens me (and like minded) most. That conflict is like a civil war and civil wars are the most brutal of all.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:31 pm
napshnap wrote:

This is the thing that saddens me (and like minded) most. That conflict is like a civil war and civil wars are the most brutal of all.
The season of goodwill to all. :roll:
Derek27

Putin's unleashing a new potent weapon. Musicians, singers, circus performers and actors to entertain the troops and raise moral. :lol:
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:45 pm
Putin's unleashing a new potent weapon. Musicians, singers, circus performers and actors to entertain the troops and raise moral. :lol:
No need of them when there are so many politicians involved ;) .
Derek27

Zelensky's at the Whitehouse. Nobody's told him about any dress code!

Return to “Chill Out Area”