Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:59 pm
Archangel wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:42 am
Either Russia deliberately blew up the dam, or it collapsed as a result of the incompetance of those who were managing it at the time, Russia. Either way, they are responsible. Yet the world looks on at this huge civilian and environmental disaster and does very little. Sunak said yesterday it was a "new low", ok what does that mean, just words, no actions. The UN seems to me like a completely out of date organisation that also makes a lot of noise but does very little. Russia looks on at this and probably thinks, yeah we got away with it again. Now how about we try and "accidentally" leak some radiation from one of the nuclear plants in Ukraine and see what happens!
Michael Clarke said the most powerful artillery shells in the world could not have destroyed that dam. It must have had high explosives planted around the structure.
The most powerful planes in the world could not have destroyed those twin towers
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:59 pm
Archangel wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:42 am
Either Russia deliberately blew up the dam, or it collapsed as a result of the incompetance of those who were managing it at the time, Russia. Either way, they are responsible. Yet the world looks on at this huge civilian and environmental disaster and does very little. Sunak said yesterday it was a "new low", ok what does that mean, just words, no actions. The UN seems to me like a completely out of date organisation that also makes a lot of noise but does very little. Russia looks on at this and probably thinks, yeah we got away with it again. Now how about we try and "accidentally" leak some radiation from one of the nuclear plants in Ukraine and see what happens!
Michael Clarke said the most powerful artillery shells in the world could not have destroyed that dam. It must have had high explosives planted around the structure.
The most powerful planes in the world could not have destroyed those twin towers
They could, and they did!
Euler

Hey Alex, don't take this the wrong way but a friend of mine's brother fell for every conspiracy theory going and eventually ended up being sectioned. He basically drove himself mad reading up on every conspiracy and couldn't even go outdoors.

I met him at my friends fathers funeral and it was clear he was in a bad way. He wound't even go in the church as it was a focal energy point or something. It was really sad.

Do yourself a favour and step back.
Derek27

I assumed Alex has already been sectioned. He posts with a phone he's hidden from staff. :)
Emmson

The offensive is ON!

it seems!

I hope it exceeds expectations.
greenmark

Emmson wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:15 pm
The offensive is ON!

it seems!

Is ithe offensive on? Which source makes you think that?
I don't know. I've seen nothing so that's why I'm asking.
Derek27

The Ukrainians want us to keep quiet about the offensive. Putin probably reads this thread.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:30 pm
The Ukrainians want us to keep quiet about the offensive. Putin probably reads this thread.
:lol:
Archery1969

Ukraine launches major offensive against Russia:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/06/08 ... raine-news

Ben Wallace tipped to become Top NATO Boss:

https://news.sky.com/story/joe-biden-sa ... b-12899132
Emmson

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:26 pm
Emmson wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:15 pm
The offensive is ON!

it seems!

Is ithe offensive on? Which source makes you think that?
I don't know. I've seen nothing so that's why I'm asking.
At the time I posted it was tweets by reliable types on twit that alerted me such as.

https://twitter.com/anneapplebaum/statu ... 1531199506
Euler

PIvotal moment now I guess. If hte offensive pushes back Russian forces then we are near an end game in one way or another.

I still don't see how Putin can gracefully exit? He needs an out doesn't he?
Archery1969

Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:04 am
PIvotal moment now I guess. If hte offensive pushes back Russian forces then we are near an end game in one way or another.

He has no out.

If he fails in Ukraine then he will accidentally fall out of a window somewhere or other FSB way of being got rid of.

I strongly believe if it looks like all is lost then he will use Nukes albeit tactical ones and destroy large parts of Ukraine. As far as I know there is no oversight in Russia on there usage. It will be upto him alone unless someone sane in the FSB or close to him stops him from causing chaos.
WisdomOfCrowds

Euler wrote:

I don't see what his realistic out is.

My hope is that he's been able to spin whatever stories his likes to Russian's during the war so maybe he could make defeat sound like victory afterwards.

He could possibly offer free passage to Russia for those in the southern regions when the war ends, claiming he has liberated those who want to be freed?

He could tell his countryfolk that he has shown NATO that Russia is not afraid to stand up for what it believes in. As a consequence of his actions Russia is now stronger and should be less concerned about future attacks or provocation from NATO.

I hope the end to this gross war is a step nearer but the nearer to the edge Putin is pushed, the more likely he is to do something very stupid.
Michael5482

Euler wrote:

This is the beginning of the end for Putin IMO. I can't see an out for him.

He's been embarrassed, overrated his armed forces ability aided by low morale, aging military equipment and poor planning by some distance along with underestimating western support for the Ukraine. For years he's pushed the boundaries and literally got away with murder this time it looks like he's all played out.

Even using tactical nuclear weapons isn't a way out (which I think he will use when he's facing defeat in the face) either China, India will walk away and Russia will become a pariah state or NATO will step in or both.
napshnap

WisdomOfCrowds wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:48 am
Euler wrote:

I don't see what his realistic out is.

My hope is that he's been able to spin whatever stories his likes to Russian's during the war so maybe he could make defeat sound like victory afterwards.

He is totally able. Just like any other major political player nowadays.

Return to “Chill Out Area”