Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

Putin to deploy tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus next month.
ANGELS15

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:01 pm
Putin to deploy tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus next month.
According to some reports the weapons are already there. This use of tactical nukes is something I've been fearing for a while. This won't end well.
Archery1969

Do not worry about Russia/Putin launching Nukes:

A key element of NATO’s missile defence system is the Aegis Combat System, £1.4 Billion, which is regarded as one of the world’s most advanced combat systems, operating within the sea, air, land, space, and cyber domains.

The Aegis Combat System is comprised of the following:

- RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 (SM-3) mid-course interceptors, which will intercept the incoming ballistic missiles in space, during the mid-course phase of ballistic trajectory flight.

- RIM-156 Standard Missile 2 Extended Range Block IV (SM-2ER Block IV) or RIM-174 Standard Extended Range Active Missile (SM-6), which will intercept ballistic missiles during their final stage, right as they begin their reentry into the Earth’s atmosphere.

If Russia were to launch missiles of any shape or form towards a NATO country then the expectation is that most if not all would be prevented from hitting their intended targets. It would not be the armageddon type scenario that many fear. But it might be for Russia who's air defence systems seem rather lacking in ability. If they cant shoot down a cardboard drone then I doubt they going to have much luck agasint a Minuteman III dooms day one hell of a missile. Especially if over 100 of them are incoming. Each one capable of destroying 48 square miles, aftershock and radiation deployment.

In addition to the above NATO has various other missile systems and knowledge capable of taking down Hypersonic Missiles. The later recently shared with Ukraine.

All missile launches worldwide are tracked by NATO via its joint command centre 24/7 with realtime origin analysis. Anything deemed relavent to Ukrain is passed on within seconds so they can act accordingly. NATO is also supplying Ukraine with realtime Russian troop movements, where they are vunerable and best places to strike to cut off Russian logistic supplies. NATAO pyhiscally is not at war but from an intelligence sharing point of view, it is.

Goodluck Putin, someting tells me your going to need lots of nappies and burn gel.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:19 pm

A key element of NATO’s missile defence system is the Aegis Combat System, £1.4 Billion, which is regarded as one of the world’s most advanced combat systems, operating within the sea, air, land, space, and cyber domains.

- RIM-161 Standard Missile 3 (SM-3) mid-course interceptors, which will intercept the incoming ballistic missiles in space, during the mid-course phase of ballistic trajectory flight.

- RIM-156 Standard Missile 2 Extended Range Block IV (SM-2ER Block IV) or RIM-174 Standard Extended Range Active Missile (SM-6), which will intercept ballistic missiles during their final stage, right as they begin their reentry into the Earth’s atmosphere.

If Russia were to launch missiles of any shape or form towards a NATO country then the expectation is that most if not all would be prevented from hitting their intended targets. It would not be the armageddon type scenario that many fear. But it might be for Russia who's air defence systems seem rather lacking in ability. If they cant shoot down a cardboard drone then I doubt they going to have much luck agasint a Minuteman III dooms day one hell of a missile. Especially if over 100 of them are incoming. Each one capable of destroying 48 square miles, aftershock and radiation deployment.

In addition to the above NATO has various other missile systems and knowledge capable of taking down Hypersonic Missiles. The later recently shared with Ukraine.

All missile launches worldwide are tracked by NATO via its joint command centre 24/7 with realtime origin analysis. Anything deemed relavent to Ukrain is passed on within seconds so they can act accordingly. NATO is also supplying Ukraine with realtime Russian troop movements, where they are vunerable and best places to strike to cut off Russian logistic supplies. NATAO pyhiscally is not at war but from an intelligence sharing point of view, it is.

Goodluck Putin, someting tells me your going to need lots of nappies and burn gel.
MAD was a potent deterrent. The current narrative seems to be edging closer to a winnable nuclear exchange. I would suggest the latter is a lot more scary than MAD ever was.
But anyhow IMO either Putin is deposed or Russia/Ukraine enter a period of stand-off. I would be amazed if Ukraine can regain their territory. But I thought Putin would sweep through and occupy the wholle of Ukraine, so I know very little.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:52 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:19 pm

MAD was a potent deterrent. The current narrative seems to be edging closer to a winnable nuclear exchange. I would suggest the latter is a lot more scary than MAD ever was.
But anyhow IMO either Putin is deposed or Russia/Ukraine enter a period of stand-off. I would be amazed if Ukraine can regain their territory. But I thought Putin would sweep through and occupy the wholle of Ukraine, so I know very little.
Since 2014 NATO has spent $140 billion updating/upgrading its defence strategy and hardware. Its one reason why countries are keen to join. You attack one and you better start running, fast. And that money is in addition to what the US, UK, Germany, France and others spend on local hardware and strategies.

As others have said, Putin really is in a difficult situation and backing himself further into a corner. If he loses in Ukraine, he finished, if he nukes Ukraine, he finished, if he nukes a NATO country, he finished. The problem is, Russia could also end up being flattened, depending on Putin's next move.

Basically, he has to win using coventional means and quickly. I really cant see Ukraine negotiating while he is in charge.
Archangel

I dont believe even Putin is mad enough to use Nukes. I do believe he is mad enough to use chemical weapons and upping the attacks on civilian targets, as what happened in Syria
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:27 pm
I dont believe even Putin is mad enough to use Nukes. I do believe he is mad enough to use chemical weapons and upping the attacks on civilian targets, as what happened in Syria
I dont know but I think if he uses chemical weapons in Ukraine then the US will at that point do something.

Or, Rishi might think, the next election is lost anway, lets provoke Russia, get them to attack us and then NATO is obliged to go all in. A good war tends to change peoples opinion. Mrs 'T' was sure to lose the election but won it after giving Argentina a bloody nose during the falklands war.

Good job i not working at the MOD. :lol:
alexmr2

I suppose in a couple of years time when this all blows over and Russia wins, most commenting on here will quietely move onto the next psyop/agenda (likely climate change) instead of admitting the "conspiracy theorists" were right on everything again. Much like the "pandemic".

The reality is that most people are under a spell from the media and act as an echo chamber without having the ability to think for themselves. The human brain becomes defensive and ignores the fact that they were wrong which also leads to emotional outbursts.

The same way that the (better late than never) critical thinkers look back and are bemused as to how they acted when they believed there was a deadly virus will be the same as those who believed Ukraine could beat the superpower Russia. Logic simply goes out the window whilst under media mind control except for the rare critical thinkers at the right side of the IQ bell curve
Archangel

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:42 pm

Or, Rishi might think, the next election is lost anway, lets provoke Russia, get them to attack us and then NATO is obliged to go all in. A good war tends to change peoples opinion. Mrs 'T' was sure to lose the election but won it after giving Argentina a bloody nose during the falklands war.

Good job i not working at the MOD. :lol:
Voters do love a good war !
ANGELS15

Archangel wrote:
As I understand (and do correct me if I'm wrong) it is possible to use low yield nuclear weapons that can take out say a town or district rather than the entire city. Taking London as an example a tactical nuclear weapon could take out Croydon but leave the rest of the city fairly undamaged. If Putin feels the war is dragging on too long he might resort to this to bring about a surrender. As he's not nuking entire cities Nato may not intervene or risk all out nuclear war.
Archery1969

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:44 pm
Archangel wrote:
As I understand (and do correct me if I'm wrong) it is possible to use low yield nuclear weapons that can take out say a town or district rather than the entire city. Taking London as an example a tactical nuclear weapon could take out Croydon but leave the rest of the city fairly undamaged. If Putin feels the war is dragging on too long he might resort to this to bring about a surrender. As he's not nuking entire cities Nato may not intervene or risk all out nuclear war.
Yes its possible.

But I think NATAO would go in if that happens. They and all NATO countries have nothing to worry about. Its very unlikely that any Russian Nukes, tactical or not will hit any country. NATAO has the means and knowledge to take them down. Russia however does not have the means or knowledge on how to take down western nukes. They cant even stop Star Streak II & III handheld anti aircraft missiles, hence most of their jets and helicopters are not flying over Ukraine. And Ukraine has already shown it can take down Russian Hypersonic Missiles, something which Russia and China said was impossible previously.
Archangel

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:44 pm

You may be correct on the technical details but surely any type of nuke would have to be a red line for Nato, if they have any red lines at all
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:47 pm
I suppose in a couple of years time when this all blows over and Russia wins, most commenting on here will quietely move onto the next psyop/agenda (likely climate change) instead of admitting the "conspiracy theorists" were right on everything again. Much like the "pandemic".

The reality is that most people are under a spell from the media and act as an echo chamber without having the ability to think for themselves. The human brain becomes defensive and ignores the fact that they were wrong which also leads to emotional outbursts.

The same way that the (better late than never) critical thinkers look back and are bemused as to how they acted when they believed there was a deadly virus will be the same as those who believed Ukraine could beat the superpower Russia. Logic simply goes out the window whilst under media mind control except for the rare critical thinkers at the right side of the IQ bell curve
So you're not taking Peter's advice. What's happened to all the CT nuts that thought Trump would be president or the US army would put him back in the white house? They've all quietly disappeared.

And what about the Bill Gate chip that was supposed to take over the world? You've quietly moved onto the next agenda without admitting you were wrong. :lol:
Archangel

People who believe conspiracy theories often say: "I do my own research."

The problem is that their research tends to consist of watching fringe YouTube videos, following random people on Facebook, and cherry-picking evidence from biased Twitter accounts.
Archery1969

*** Breaking news ***

Thursday evening:

British Royal Air Force Typhoons scrambled twice over one day to intercept several Russian aircraft flying close to NATO airspace, the UK's Ministry of Defense said in a statement on Friday.

Friday morning:

RAF Typhoons were scrambled again to intercept one Antonov An-12 "Cub" and one An-72 "Coaler" flying south from mainland Russia toward the Kaliningrad region, the ministry said.

Elsewhere:

On Friday morning, Russian pro-Kremlin blogger Semyon Pegov, who blogs under the alias WarGonzo reported that Ukraine’s armed forces had made gains south of Orikhiv toward the town of Tokmak in Russian-held territory. The situation facing Russian forces was very serious, he said.

Return to “Chill Out Area”