The spookiest thing you’ve ever seen or heard

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Euler

If you are near the ground we should all meet up in one the lounges for some godforsaken midweek match. We can hang around afterwards get drunk and moan about the quality of football on offer.
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:44 pm
His biggest danger is being spotted at St. Mary's - getting kidnaped - & forcibly trade someones account. Preferably mine!
I don't think you'd get near him, anyone who tweets to the world that they've probably "profited more from racing than anybody else ever has" will be rolling deep, and his family will be too. You don't post that and not expect to be on a list somewhere that's for certain, so he's either got balls or backup. Personally I'd have a guy in a cheap suit and shoulder holster follow me round if I'd said that on twitter. If you can be stabbed for a chain then the safe combination of a guy with high 8 figures plus is definately worth risking a long stretch for. :twisted: mmmmm.
Gauss

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:11 am
If you are near the ground we should all meet up in one the lounges for some godforsaken midweek match. We can hang around afterwards get drunk..
All the people I know I just cannot get anyone interested in trading, whether it be at work, family, friends.. absolutely no one, “looks too complicated, haven’t the time” etc etc, would love to Hook up with the like minded but I’m not that near to where you guys are.
ruthlessimon

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:11 am
we should all meet up in one the lounges for some godforsaken midweek match.

hang around afterwards get drunk
A silver lining to seeing Saints getting relegated - plenty of Tuesday games ;) :cry:
Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:56 am
ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:44 pm
His biggest danger is being spotted at St. Mary's - getting kidnaped - & forcibly trade someones account. Preferably mine!
I don't think you'd get near him, anyone who tweets to the world that they've probably "profited more from racing than anybody else ever has" will be rolling deep, and his family will be too. You don't post that and not expect to be on a list somewhere that's for certain, so he's either got balls or backup. Personally I'd have a guy in a cheap suit and shoulder holster follow me round if I'd said that on twitter. If you can be stabbed for a chain then the safe combination of a guy with high 8 figures plus is definately worth risking a long stretch for. :twisted: mmmmm.
Reminds me of this story, which I doubt made the mainstream news in the UK:

https://www.pokernewsdaily.com/theo-jor ... ome-22919/

What this story doesn't mention (just grabbed on of the first Google offered up) is that it later emerged that the situation was escalated by Jorgensen having a big old safe in his home. If his story is to be believed, it was left behind by previous owners, and he didn't even know the combo for it - ironically because they never intended to use it so as to not have too much cash around, making them targets for a home robbery. The robbers not buying that story was what brought about the shooting.
Korattt

saw someone being dragged out of their gaff in a body bag on the way home from work earlier this afternoon :o
JollyGreen

I remember an incident from the 80s when I was driving home in the early hours. I was travelling along the main road in Swindon when someone ran out in front of the milk float, which was coming the other way. He ran on, and I had to slam my brakes on. I then couldn't see him, despite there not being anywhere for him to go. I left my car and asked the milkman if he saw the same thing? We both stood there scratching our heads!

I think it was the junction of Cricklade Road and Gipsy Lane, but I believe the road layout is different these days. If it were just me, I would attribute it to tiredness, but the milkman saw the same strange thing!.
Realrocknrolla

A 13 year old boy trying to shoot me with an AK47
jimibt

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:08 pm
now, this one DESERVES the full backstory!! :shock:
Realrocknrolla

jimibt wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:10 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:08 pm
now, this one DESERVES the full backstory!! :shock:
Ex military mate.
Trader Pat

When I was about 14 I saw a documentary on numbers stations and spent half the night listening to them while sitting in the dark, very creepy! :| I'll stick an article at the bottom for anyone not familiar with numbers stations.

Especially this one, the tune itself is creepy but then the voice about a minute in really made the hair stand up on the back of my neck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUQUD3IMbb4

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2017 ... ims-to-run
Korattt

frigging hooked on these number stations now, telling everyone at work about ‘em
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:44 pm
When I was about 14 I saw a documentary on numbers stations and spent half the night listening to them while sitting in the dark, very creepy! :| I'll stick an article at the bottom for anyone not familiar with numbers stations.

Especially this one, the tune itself is creepy but then the voice about a minute in really made the hair stand up on the back of my neck

What drugs are you on? Didn't do anything for me. ;)
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:47 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:44 pm

What drugs are you on? Didn't do anything for me. ;)
:lol: :lol:

Some of them are very... bureaucratic lets say, but some of them are pretty creepy. Imagine sitting there with a ham radio in the middle of the night and you come across one of those broadcasts and had no idea what it was :)

I always had an interest in history and particularly the Cold War so that might explain it, or maybe I watched too many horror movies as a child! :D
Derek27

I've never heard of number stations before but surely there's no use for them now - you can just send an email. :)

Return to “Chill Out Area”