Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Realrocknrolla

The pussy 🐱
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:24 pm
Feeling lucky tonight. :D I was gonna purchase a treadmill but the site that I bookmarked was no longer working. Then I found this. :shock: :o

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fitnessnext.co.uk

There are many of these websites around. I buy most of my stuff online except for what I can get locally but have so far managed to avoid a bum deal. But I do wonder where I would stand with the section 75 credit card guarantee. Does the credit card company have no recourse if the 'customer' cannot see if an offer is too good to be true i.e. buy the ridiculous bargain and leave the credit card company to sort it out! You get loads of offers on facebook that are in no way genuine.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:05 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:24 pm
Feeling lucky tonight. :D I was gonna purchase a treadmill but the site that I bookmarked was no longer working. Then I found this. :shock: :o

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fitnessnext.co.uk

There are many of these websites around. I buy most of my stuff online except for what I can get locally but have so far managed to avoid a bum deal. But I do wonder where I would stand with the section 75 credit card guarantee. Does the credit card company have no recourse if the 'customer' cannot see if an offer is too good to be true i.e. buy the ridiculous bargain and leave the credit card company to sort it out! You get loads of offers on facebook that are in no way genuine.
Half of me feels if somebody gets conned into thinking the can buy goods for 10% of it's true value it's their own fault for being stupid, whilst the other half of me feels it's not their fault for lacking the intelligence to see through an obvious scam.

Helen Skelton got conned out of about £60,000 and claimed if she can get conned anyone can. When I read about it further she gave information over the phone to somebody claiming to work for her bank, her reason for trusting him was that he sounded so polite and professional!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
jamesg46

Aldi have employed a team of trolls :lol:
Morbius

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:47 pm
I've spent enough time on the rant thread so I thought I'd start a thread for happier news.

Opened my front door at 11:30am just to empty my outdoor ashtray, and was greeted by the sight of a drunken bird, very short black dress, no knickers, bending over to pick up her mobile and cigarettes, only to drop them again and bend over to pick them up again. :D

It took me a long time to empty that ashtray. :lol:

Here's even better news Derek....you're not a pervert lol You're only one of them if you whipped your phone out, stuck it up her dress, took several pics and then downloaded them onto your PC along with your other stash of previously collected pics :lol:

PS....lucky ****
Derek27

Last night I found a tortoise in my garden, today I found a £10 note, more or less where the tortoise was! :D
Silverthorn

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:52 pm
Last night I found a tortoise in my garden, today I found a £10 note, more or less where the tortoise was! :D
Where on Gods Green Earth do you live???

You open with a bird with no nickers and close with a tortoise and ten bucks... Sounds like Nirvana.. I'm moving in.
Derek27

Still recovering from last night - it was a hedgehog, not a tortoise. :) .
plasteredric

were you high for 420 derek?
Silverthorn

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:49 pm
Still recovering from last night - it was a hedgehog, not a tortoise. :) .
You seem to be confused!! Was the bird with no nickers in post 1 was a hedgehog as well??!!
Derek27

:lol:
greenmark

Just watching Ronnie O'sullivan.
Not watched snooker for a while, but the guy is awesome.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:28 pm
Just watching Ronnie O'sullivan.
Not watched snooker for a while, but the guy is awesome.
Don't they have a women's tournament, on a beach somewhere? :D

Never mind, I'll do a search for that later. :lol:
jamesg46

The smell of BBQ's & the sound of people's drunken singing has really lifted my mood. The first signs of civilization is showing.
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:24 pm
The smell of BBQ's & the sound of people's drunken singing has really lifted my mood. The first signs of civilization is showing.
My relatives in Edinburgh are less enthusiastic. They tell me the atmosphere is volatile.
Hardly surprising though. Take the lid off a pressure cooker too early and you're likely to end up in casualty and wth stew on your kitchen ceiling.
Anyhow, let's hope this is genuine progress and we can all return to normal, whatever that is. :-)

Return to “Chill Out Area”