Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

:x :x :x I just tried to look at the calendar again and they've removed it!!
Derek27

At least they've got a January calendar. :D https://boobyday.com/
Kai

Really enjoyed visiting my grandparents a few times over this period, it's always wholesome AF. Too many people think of these sorts of things as chores and don't even try to appreciate those moments, was probably the same when I was younger.

A lot of lonely elderly people out there during these periods, no real excuse not to give them some of your time whether they are family or not, can take a quick covid test beforehand etc. Even something as simple as saying hello and acknowledging them when they go out for their walks can make their day.

People talk about doing nice things for others like in that thread like it's a competition or something, but in today's busy world maybe the nicest thing you can do for people is to give them some of your time. Not as a chore or to milk credit from it later, but to genuinely connect and be present in that very moment, they will appreciate that more than expensive gifts etc.
megarain

Son crushed his A levels

Math A* 95%
Further Math A* 91% - self-taught, only one in doubt
Chemistry A* 95%
Phsyics A* 94%

Been offered a place at Imperial College to study Computer Science and Maths (waiting on Cambridge)
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:32 am
Son crushed his A levels

Math A* 95%
Chemistry A* 95%
Phsyics A* 94%

Been offered a place at Imperial College to study Computer Science and Maths (waiting on Cambridge)
Great news megarain. I was pleased enough to see the happy thread appear after all the ranting I've been doing, but in all seriousness, you should feel a proud father. :D
wearthefoxhat

megarain wrote:
Son crushed his A levels

Math A* 95%
Chemistry A* 95%
Phsyics A* 94%

brilliant.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Virgin Media bills going up next month. Good opportunity to get out of contract without punishment and switch. :D
Derek27

The Prince Andrew civil case is going ahead. Betfair market on the outcome please. :D
Euler

megarain wrote:
Son crushed his A levels

Math A* 95%
Chemistry A* 95%
Phsyics A* 94%

Well done to your son. New Betair system in bound :lol:
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:42 pm
megarain wrote:
Son crushed his A levels

Math A* 95%
Chemistry A* 95%
Phsyics A* 94%

Well done to your son. New Betair system in bound :lol:
Fantastic job, a big congratulation to him

Derek27

Reports of parties are coming in by the hour, I'm loving it. :D

One MP asks, is there no limit to BJ's shame? :lol:
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 pm

According to the Mail on Saturday, Sir Keir Starmer is not squeaky - clean either! LOL
Derek27

bennyboy351 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:

According to the Mail on Saturday, Sir Keir Starmer is not squeaky - clean either! LOL
:lol: I was watching the Sky Press review (I've got a thing about Madeline Grant). Polly Mackenzie suggests it's very old news which the Daily Mail dug up as a vain counter-attack. They haven't provided the email invitation asking everybody to bring their own booze and as far as I can see it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whether he's drinking beer or a cup of coffee. The question is, was it an organised party? A really desperate attempt to distract attention from BJ's parties. You can judge for yourself.
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bennyboy351

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:59 pm
bennyboy351 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

:lol: I was watching the Sky Press review (I've got a thing about Madeline Grant). Polly Mackenzie suggests it's very old news which the Daily Mail dug up as a vain counter-attack. They haven't provided the email invitation asking everybody to bring their own booze and as far as I can see it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whether he's drinking beer or a cup of coffee. The question is, was it an organised party? A really desperate attempt to distract attention from BJ's parties. You can judge for yourself.

Capture.GIF
Left, Right, Centre - IMHO they're all self-serving, bent b*stards!...
Derek27

bennyboy351 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:59 pm
bennyboy351 wrote:

Capture.GIF
Left, Right, Centre - IMHO they're all self-serving, bent b*stards!...
You must see a difference in sincerity between the two party leaders. Kier Starmer's giving a speech right now about BJ's parties. It sounds like a very serious man reading the script of a stand-up comedian. :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”