Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Realrocknrolla

Finnish Prime Minister 😁
ShaunWhite

Did anyone else get a £10 bonus today?

The only thing I can think of is that the aus dogs were pretty screwed up for an hour or so.
Derek27

I turned up to a GP appointment. :D

They should fine people who don't turn up and pay it to people who do. That way I could break even. :)
Emmson

This makes me happy, I am indeed a light user of electricity

sparse and minimalist
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

If my electricity usage in next 12 months is unchanged then I will have a FREE run until next September provided that any credit unused over those consecutive months is not rendered dead and taken back next spring.

This also makes me happy so that's why I dropped by here. :)

The benefits of being a sparse and minimalist user. :D
ShaunWhite

That's crazy Emmson..... how? Have you got solar and feed-in tarrifs?
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:59 pm
If my electricity usage in next 12 months is unchanged then I will have a FREE run until next September provided that any credit unused over those consecutive months is not rendered dead and taken back next spring.

This also makes me happy so that's why I dropped by here. :)

The benefits of being a sparse and minimalist user. :D
Standing charges are getting on to £30-40 a month. Cooking a chicken in the oven costs £1, not to mention heating and other essential appliances. How can your bill be so low?
Emmson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:18 pm
I like sitting in the dark :D probably why I wear glasses

Only last month I requested and received a refund because they were taking too much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

I am starting to think my meter maybe faulty, well that ain't my problem :D

I have not responded to frequent requests to have a smart meter installed either. :) pestering me almost every month.
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:24 pm
:)
I don't know how they work it out. You prompted me to update mine as of now, reading submitted, bill paid, .....and I'm 699 in credit with another payment going out on the 6th.....and they've just put my payment up from 317 to 410 !!!! That's G&E. TBH I prefered teh good old quarterly bill because you knew where you stood.
Derek27

Lights amount to almost nothing, especially if you've got 6-10 watt LEDs.

I'm paying a higher rate for cancelling my direct debit because they were asking for a flipping ridiculous amount that I knew I wouldn't use. They're not banks paying you interest on what they take!
Emmson

Maybe I'm holding a bit back but I assure you nothing shady is going on :D

Being a working class geordie who grew up in a single glazed home with no central heating is another factor, when others are feeling very cold I'm just right.
wearthefoxhat

Emmson wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:24 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:18 pm

Only last month I requested and received a refund because they were taking too much.
I did something similar after asking EDF for a smart meter a couple of years ago. On the smart meter the amount being used was less than 50% of the DDR, so spoke to them, cancelled my DDR and asked them to invoice me monthly by email for what I actually use. I think it's called pay as you go. I then access my account on-line and pay by debit card. I feel more in control doing it this way.
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:05 am
Maybe I'm holding a bit back.....
You'll like this, I just heard a pensioner on a phone-in saying they use 1 lightbulb and then have mirrors positioned to reflect the light around their flat into other rooms. Genius and tragic in equal parts.

Return to “Chill Out Area”