Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Emmson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:21 pm
Emmson wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:05 am
Maybe I'm holding a bit back.....
You'll like this, I just heard a pensioner on a phone-in saying they use 1 lightbulb and then have mirrors positioned to reflect the light around their flat into other rooms. Genius and tragic in equal parts.
I worry about increase use of tea light heaters this winter which are a real fire hazard,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUuP-HuRGk
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:21 pm
Emmson wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:05 am
Maybe I'm holding a bit back.....
You'll like this, I just heard a pensioner on a phone-in saying they use 1 lightbulb and then have mirrors positioned to reflect the light around their flat into other rooms. Genius and tragic in equal parts.
Not genius, just tragic, and stupid! Some people just aren't aware how little lighting costs compared to other appliances. 2x10w, 2x6w and 2x4w for the little rooms, switch off the lights when you're not in the room, and most of these guys will be living in one room. They probably don't stay up until sunrise like we do so we're talking about 6 hours of 10-15 watts of power. That's a tenth of a unit or 5 pence!

How much did he spend on the mirrors?
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:59 pm
read the small print - this is the Happy Corner :D
Derek27

I came up with a brilliant, or at least an interesting idea to apply to the football markets last week, probably while I was drinking, and I forgot all about it.....until now. :D
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:59 pm
He said he had two but went to a charity shop for one more :( He sounded about 150yo to be fair bless him.
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:01 pm
this is the Happy Corner :D
And in Happy Corner they're playing .....https://youtu.be/1QrApNTXxZ0
(Feliz means happy btw....I don't just throw this together) :D
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:54 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:01 pm
this is the Happy Corner :D
And in Happy Corner they're playing .....https://youtu.be/1QrApNTXxZ0
(Feliz means happy btw....I don't just throw this together) :D
exactly!! :D
ShaunWhite

Not a bad automated sub-total to wake up to on a Saturday. Half a chance of still being up at the end of the day now. :)
Screenshot_20221008_113309.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

KUTGW Shaun 👍

You might need new haters soon, if the old ones are starting to like you!
megarain

Youngest Son started Computer Studies at Imperial College.

In a sea of ultra-geeks, he stands out as at least a bit normal and has won a £12k a year scholarship from crypto billionaire Alan Howard.

Just so happy for both the money and the doors it will open.

There's a moral somewhere - work hard, do good things for people, and Kharma will take care of the rest.
ShaunWhite

megarain wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:12 pm
Youngest Son started Computer Studies at Imperial College....
Nice one Mega, 12k from a billionaire, I'll match that generocity with ....around 4p :D
The reward is the experience, everything else is a bonus.
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:12 pm
KUTGW Shaun 👍

You might need new haters soon, if the old ones are starting to like you!
In the interest of balance here's one for the haters :D You wait ages for a 3rd standard deviation day and then two arrive at once !
Screenshot_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dublin_Flyer

Eldest sister finally came off dialysis this week so this belongs in the happy corner :)
Shes back on it day to day though, to give her kidneys a rest.

Her kidneys are in bad shape due to a reaction to the 1st chemo she was taking for a very rare cancer in her stomach wall/lining, normally only caused by ingesting asbestos which is pretty much impossible these days so dr's think it's just a complete freak "one of those things" cancers as there's less than 10 in the country per year.

However she still needs a blood transfusion every week to top up the good cells or platelets or some such, and blood banks everywhere are always running low, so if you live near one and can spare an hour and less than a pint, then be a good soul and donate a bit. You never know when you might need it back! :)
Kai

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:28 am
However she still needs a blood transfusion every week to top up the good cells or platelets or some such, and blood banks everywhere are always running low, so if you live near one and can spare an hour and less than a pint, then be a good soul and donate a bit. You never know when you might need it back! :)
Deadpool himself couldn't have said it better 👍 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKpvjqDsTcU
Jukebox

There's probably enough crossover interest on this forum for some members to be aware of the two separate cheating allegations made against a chess grandmaster and a high stakes poker player currently under investigation. In both there is a suspicion of the use of vibrating anal beads to obtain an edge over their competitiors

I have checked and as far as I can tell there is nothing in Betfair's T&Cs that specifically prohibits traders from using such devices while trading - any pointers as to how one might use them to improve trading profits would be appreciated.

Return to “Chill Out Area”