Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:50 pm
I've just tested my o/u automation and I've greened up for £1. :D
Capture.GIF
Back 1.56 lay 1.57 and you made a quid. :?: That's one hell of a trick :)
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:50 pm
I've just tested my o/u automation and I've greened up for £1. :D
Capture.GIF
Back 1.56 lay 1.57 and you made a quid. :?: That's one hell of a trick :)
They're the live prices. I went one better on my next run and made £2 and added a remaining minutes countdown to each match. :)
Derek27

20 partygate fines could be issued as early as tomorrow. But it all means nothing unless the man himself gets a fine!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:02 pm
20 partygate fines could be issued as early as tomorrow. But it all means nothing unless the man himself gets a fine!
Who would you prefer in his place in the current environment.
I think Truss would provoke a nuclear war, she scares the crap out of me. Or Patel, sheesh!!
In Raab we trust? Or perhaps the phoenix rising Gove.
Not a great chioce is there?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:15 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I think Truss would provoke a nuclear war, she scares the crap out of me. Or Patel, sheesh!!
Couldn't care any less. I just want that pathological liar and hypocrite out of office. Politically, one Tory's as bad as another. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:20 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:15 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Couldn't care any less. I just want that pathological liar and hypocrite out of office. Politically, one Tory's as bad as another. :)
Was going to debate that then realised this is happy corner.
No poiltics, religion or law and order. Otherwise it all goes Pete Tong. :-)
Derek27

With two toasters in my bin, I've bought a new toaster with a coordinating kettle, or a new kettle with a coordinating toaster. Either way, breakfast will never be the same again. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:17 pm
With two toasters in my bin, I've bought a new toaster with a coordinating kettle, or a new kettle with a coordinating toaster. Either way, breakfast will never be the same again. :D
I think you should patent this concept "toaster with a coordinating kettle". So switch kettle on without bread in toaster and it says "Oi, knobhead, put the bread in". Or you put the toaster on and it says "But you haven't brewed your tea, you halfwit". It's coming sooner or later. Our home appliances are already talking to us (well not me, but others with alexa etc. You get my drift).
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:11 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I think you should patent this concept "toaster with a coordinating kettle". So switch kettle on without bread in toaster and it says "Oi, knobhead, put the bread in". Or you put the toaster on and it says "But you haven't brewed your tea, you halfwit". It's coming sooner or later. Our home appliances are already talking to us (well not me, but others with alexa etc. You get my drift).
It's just as well I don't have that gadget because I didn't like calling my last girlfriend a boy's name like Alex, Alexandra was too long so I called her Alexa. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:26 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
It's just as well I don't have that gadget because I didn't like calling my last girlfriend a boy's name like Alex, Alexandra was too long so I called her Alexa. :)
:lol: I'm sure you could change the name and voice to those of your choice. Now there's a conundrum, who would you choose. I feel a poll coming on :-).
I'd go for Ade Edmondsen and Rik Mayall. Although not sure who is the toaster or kettle.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:34 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

:lol: I'm sure you could change the name and voice to those of your choice. Now there's a conundrum, who would you choose. I feel a poll coming on :-).
I'd go for Ade Edmondsen and Rik Mayall. Although not sure who is the toaster or kettle.
Surely if you got a girlfriend called Alexa you don't need the Echo Dot. You just tell Alexa to change the channel or get you a beer. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:37 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Surely if you got a girlfriend called Alexa you don't need the Echo Dot. You just tell Alexa to change the channel or get you a beer. :)
Thats not a girlfriend, thats a slave. :-)
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:39 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

You're right, I need to find a Slovakian. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:49 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:39 pm
Derek27 wrote:

You're right, I need to find a Slovakian. :lol:
Joking aside. The concept of interacting with software written by someone like me (albeit a lot, lot more clever) is pretty appalling.
Think I'll stick with my chipless, wifil-less basic toaster and kettle. I like to swear at my toaster because it's totally erratic as to when it pops up. Sneaky little git has to be watched like a hawk. It's not even that old. Just crap!
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:52 pm
Last night I found a tortoise in my garden, today I found a £10 note, more or less where the tortoise was! :D
flipping hell! I was just tending to my daffodils and I found another £10 note in the garden. Admittedly it's a windy day but I found it in the same place - the hedgehog must have come back!

Return to “Chill Out Area”