Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:16 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:21 pm
Clearly they are embarrassed enough for her to voluntarily pay taxes.
Embarrassed or bullied!
Embarrassed. People that that sort of money and power aren't likely to get bullied into giving it away. She more likely got pressured/embarrassed, to take the focus away from her husband.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:28 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:19 pm
Starmer was having lunch. Does it make any difference whether he had a beer or Coke? Were the others drinking? Was the purpose of the people in the room a social gathering? Was wine and cheese present? Did he deny anything until he was caught?

It's no comparison.
Until it can be agreed what is the definition of "a party" and therefore what is and is not a party there is much comparison. Sounds a bit classist if wine and cheese can constitute a party but beer or Coke and a cheese sandwich cannot! There was nothing for him to deny until he was caught and when he was 'caught' the evidence was there and could not be denied. It was not played drip feed. Same with The Krankie.
I admit my jokes aren't always easy to get but the cheese and wine part was just another pop at BJ & CJ. :)

There is a very fine line between what is and what's not a party, as with anything. But thirty drunks, singing, dancing, breaking the host's own child's toys, loud music, going to a supermarket to get more booze because you've run out, on top of the fact that they were encouraged to bring their own booze, is a million miles away from that line, so partying shouldn't require a definition.

On the other hand, a photograph of somebody eating with a can of beer with other people in the room, no other information to confirm what was going on as far as I know, is not even enough evidence to question whether it's near the line, even if you did have a definition.

Get real firlandsfarm. Does this really look like a party? Does it matter whether he's drinking beer or tea? Can you see the label of the bottle of beer or the ABV%?

He appears to be talking to two people, with just another two people in the room!
1_c738710b-3226-42f6-9f2d-71b17b85f8a3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

As for the other threads we are debating at the moment I think we have exhausted them and should cease boring people with our own prejudices. We come from opposite ends of the political world, we support our own and attack the others. I see it that most of the media and certain members of the public spend their lives looking for something to have a go at Boris about. Most are probably Remoaners and blame him for successfully opening the Brexit door. He is not perfect just like all other PM's. But it's somewhat ironic that it's the people who say he should resign because of the time that is being wasted on this and other subjects when it is they who are causing the time to be wasted by keeping on about it!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:46 am
Embarrassed. People that that sort of money and power aren't likely to get bullied into giving it away. She more likely got pressured/embarrassed, to take the focus away from her husband.
She was bullied by the media who on the whole clearly knew nothing about non-doms, didn't need to know about them because there was a bandwagon leaving which they could jump on by sharing with other bandwagoners and if they had known back to 1799 they would never have used it because it would have meant them jumping off the bandwagon. With the bandwagon in full swing it's likely she was told the only way to stop it would be to accept the tax hit ... as I asked previously, how many other non-doms have their fingers in our political pies but wait, they may not be Boris supporters so better keep quiet about them.

Look at how quickly Barry Gardiner receiving £500,000 from the Chinese Government disappeared from the headlines. Nothing wrong there then, if every MP did it we would have a much better democracy wouldn't we!
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:10 am
I see it that most of the media and certain members of the public spend their lives looking for something to have a go at Boris about. Most are probably Remoaners and blame him for successfully opening the Brexit door.
Nobody looks for opportunities to have a go at BJ. He hands them on a plate.

Get real firlandsfarm. People have seen their relatives die alone without a proper funeral while BJ parties without a care in the world, and you think Brexit must have something to do with it!! :roll:
firlandsfarm

If they are 'handed on a plate' it's only because they have one plate for him and a different plate for everybody else. As I picked up on a news channel commentary this morning ... "there's one rule for Boris Johnson and another for Keir Starmer and Nicola Sturgeon"!

Get real Derek ... "BJ parties without a care in the world" ... that's you quoting from the biased media with little attempt to even paraphrase! A glass of wine sitting down at a table in a garden with work colleagues you have spent all day with at distances closer than as defined by social distancing is not partying (well not in my experience but I suppose those with the imagination and social experience of an old maid librarian might think so! :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

Not Brexit as an event but that Brexit happened is probably part of their motivation. They cannot forgive the man who didn't allow them to put their self claimed superiority in front of simple democracy.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:37 am
If they are 'handed on a plate' it's only because they have one plate for him and a different plate for everybody else. As I picked up on a news channel commentary this morning ... "there's one rule for Boris Johnson and another for Keir Starmer and Nicola Sturgeon"!

Get real Derek ... "BJ parties without a care in the world" ... that's you quoting from the biased media with little attempt to even paraphrase! A glass of wine sitting down at a table in a garden with work colleagues you have spent all day with at distances closer than as defined by social distancing is not partying (well not in my experience but I suppose those with the imagination and social experience of an old maid librarian might think so! :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

Not Brexit as an event but that Brexit happened is probably part of their motivation. They cannot forgive the man who didn't allow them to put their self claimed superiority in front of simple democracy.
You can't compare forgetting to put on a face mask, which I've done many times, with introducing lockdown rules, blatantly ignoring then and lying through his teeth at every stage along the way. The NI minister compares it to a parkimg fine. Some minsters are living on another planet!
firlandsfarm

Well I'm sure you know it was "blatant". So let me get this right ... to have a chat across a desk in a closed office is OK but if you put a glass of wine on the table and move outside it becomes a party ... good to see we are gradually closing in on a definition of a party!
jimibt

happy corner ...seemed to be the place!! seemed!! :oops:
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:43 pm
Well I'm sure you know it was "blatant". So let me get this right ... to have a chat across a desk in a closed office is OK but if you put a glass of wine on the table and move outside it becomes a party ... good to see we are gradually closing in on a definition of a party!
Really haven't a clue what you're on about. It wasn't a glass of wine it was a suitcase of wine, dancing, loud music and a breach of lock down rules. BJ may fool you by claiming he honestly thought it was a work event but he won't fool the rest of us. :D
greenmark

jimibt wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:51 pm
Perhaps both involved might care to keep debates about boris and rishi partygate fines on the thread of that name?
Just a thought.

I'd like to post to the Happy Corner but can't bring anything to mind unless liberating and enormous bumble bee from the vestibule counts.
He battered against the same pane of glass for over 20minutes despite the door to freedom being a foot away (imperical foot not a bee foot).
So the old beer glass and card trick was deployed and he sailed off.
Daily random act of kindess achieved. :-)
Korattt

went into town Sat pm, did what I had to do & got £20 change by way of a Scottish £20 note.. had some spare cash in the house & decided to put in the bank this morning along with that foreign £20 note, attempted to pay in what I had in the ATM machine only for it to retain that £20 note as “fraudulent” (FFS🤦🏻‍♂️),

approached assistant in the bank, told them what happened & along with a short wait staff there checked the ATM machine only to confirm they “couldn’t find it”, I now need to contact the bank either online or on the phone & open up an ATM dispute, why I couldn’t do this in the bank I don’t know..

anyway long story short.. after visiting the bank this morning I visited store that gave me the funny money as change & spoke to the same girl who served me Sat who handed me the funny money, I’m a regular customer there & she checked with the manager, she was very apologetic & reimbursed me the £20, I also phone the bank as suggested by instore bank staff & as a gesture of goodwill credited my bank account with £20, around an hour ago the bank I visited this morning phoned me to advise they’ve found the rogue money & also credited me £20 💷💷👍🏻
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:45 pm
Really haven't a clue what you're on about.
And that's why you will stay with your bandwagon driven view. :D
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:17 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:51 pm
Perhaps both involved might care to keep debates about boris and rishi partygate fines on the thread of that name?
Just a thought.

I'd like to post to the Happy Corner but can't bring anything to mind unless liberating and enormous bumble bee from the vestibule counts.
He battered against the same pane of glass for over 20minutes despite the door to freedom being a foot away (imperical foot not a bee foot).
So the old beer glass and card trick was deployed and he sailed off.
Daily random act of kindess achieved. :-)
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind yesterday! But as I commented in another thread you have to response in the thread the original post was made. Anyway, hoping it's now finished which will make some happy! :lol:
Derek27

I usually expect to hear bad news when I get up and switch the TV on but today, two scumbags who robbed people of their pensions and life savings get a total of 12 years. :D

Return to “Chill Out Area”