Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:10 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:05 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:03 pm
Just For Men must clean up on beard and moustache dye in that part of the world. You never see a sheikh with a grey hair!
I wouldn’t go grey with 4 billion in the bank either 🤣🤣🤣
Never understood why the super rich bother getting married. Personally I'd just have 365 girlfriends!
The legitimacy of heirs is very, very important. Children born out of wedlock have terrible issues trying to stake a claim to the estate after their adulterous father's death.

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:43 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Never understood why the super rich bother getting married. Personally I'd just have 365 girlfriends!
The legitimacy of heirs is very, very important. Children born out of wedlock have terrible issues trying to stake a claim to the estate after their adulterous father's death.

CS
I wouldn't be that type of super-rich super-shagger though. I quite like the idea of having my own army so I'd recognise all of my bastards :D
Derek27

Apparently, the court accepted that Sheikh Mohammad committed criminal offences with the phone hacking, but because he's a head of state he's above the law and immune to prosecution!
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

CS
If that's the case, it's only important if the child is more interested in getting their hands on their parent's money than living in a happy and loving family environment.
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:56 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

CS
If that's the case, it's only important if the child is more interested in getting their hands on their parent's money than living in a happy and loving family environment.
However the facts tell us that a disproportionate majority of illegitimate children have anything but a happy and loving family environment, sadly. The prisons are full of them, for a start. Young men that lacked a Father's love and committed, married family unit with boundaries and discipline where they all shared the same identity and surname.

CS
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
However the facts tell us that a disproportionate majority of illegitimate children have anything but a happy and loving family environment, sadly. The prisons are full of them, for a start. Young men that lacked a Father's love and committed, married family unit with boundaries and discipline where they all shared the same identity and surname.

CS
Do you actually have that data or are you just believing what you want to believe? Prisons are probably full of men who were abused as a child by their (married) parents.
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

CS
Do you actually have that data or are you just believing what you want to believe? Prisons are probably full of men who were abused as a child by their (married) parents.
All the data shows (and there have been many published studies), that children from single-parent families / broken homes are more likely to have behavioral problems. They tend to lack economic security and adequate time with parents who set boundaries and instill discipline and love in equal measure. In particular, black ethnicities are massively disproportionately represented in prisons, with a whopping 70% of all black babies born in the UK being from unmarried mothers.

Clearly, a loving but unmarried Mother and Father are better for baby than a married abusive relationship - as with any rule, there are exceptions. However the institution of Holy Matrimony remains the highest form of commitment that a man can make to his wife and subsequent family, in the eyes of both God and men. The demise of the nuclear family, especially since some Western social welfare systems started financially penalising co-habiting parents versus single Mothers, are responsible for many of the ills of modern British society. The reports make depressing reading.

CS
ShaunWhite

Why post that in "happy corner"? :roll:
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:11 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
All the data shows (and there have been many published studies), that children from single-parent families / broken homes are more likely to have behavioral problems. They tend to lack economic security and adequate time with parents who set boundaries and instill discipline and love in equal measure. In particular, black ethnicities are massively disproportionately represented in prisons, with a whopping 70% of all black babies born in the UK being from unmarried mothers.

Clearly, a loving but unmarried Mother and Father are better for baby than a married abusive relationship - as with any rule, there are exceptions. However the institution of Holy Matrimony remains the highest form of commitment that a man can make to his wife and subsequent family, in the eyes of both God and men. The demise of the nuclear family, especially since some Western social welfare systems started financially penalising co-habiting parents versus single Mothers, are responsible for many of the ills of modern British society. The reports make depressing reading.

CS
So the answer to my question is no, you don't have the data. :)

Whether couples are married or just living together doesn't make a shred of difference. It's not just unmarried people that become single parents. Married people split up as well.
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:19 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:11 pm
Derek27 wrote:

CS
So the answer to my question is no, you don't have the data. :)

Whether couples are married or just living together doesn't make a shred of difference. It's not just unmarried people that become single parents. Married people split up as well.
Do a few Google searches and read the report summaries and prison population statistics. It makes a huge amount of difference. Not only the legitimacy of children, but the shared family identity and surname. We'll agree to differ.

CS
Derek27

:x :x :x I just tried to look at the calendar again and they've removed it!!
Derek27

At least they've got a January calendar. :D https://boobyday.com/
Kai

Really enjoyed visiting my grandparents a few times over this period, it's always wholesome AF. Too many people think of these sorts of things as chores and don't even try to appreciate those moments, was probably the same when I was younger.

A lot of lonely elderly people out there during these periods, no real excuse not to give them some of your time whether they are family or not, can take a quick covid test beforehand etc. Even something as simple as saying hello and acknowledging them when they go out for their walks can make their day.

People talk about doing nice things for others like in that thread like it's a competition or something, but in today's busy world maybe the nicest thing you can do for people is to give them some of your time. Not as a chore or to milk credit from it later, but to genuinely connect and be present in that very moment, they will appreciate that more than expensive gifts etc.
megarain

Son crushed his A levels

Math A* 95%
Further Math A* 91% - self-taught, only one in doubt
Chemistry A* 95%
Phsyics A* 94%

Been offered a place at Imperial College to study Computer Science and Maths (waiting on Cambridge)
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:32 am
Son crushed his A levels

Math A* 95%
Further Math A* 91% - self-taught, only one in doubt
Chemistry A* 95%
Phsyics A* 94%

Been offered a place at Imperial College to study Computer Science and Maths (waiting on Cambridge)
Great news megarain. I was pleased enough to see the happy thread appear after all the ranting I've been doing, but in all seriousness, you should feel a proud father. :D

Return to “Chill Out Area”