Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Jukebox

I don't believe that the trial really happened and instead was shot at a studio in the Nevada desert using actors sworn to secrecy.
Jukebox

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:36 am
Conspiracy theorist Alexmr2 Jones has been ordered by a Connecticut jury to pay $965 million to people who suffered from his lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre.

Conspiracy nuts, take note. :D
That's just what the government want you to think!!
ShaunWhite

It's National Spreadsheet Day :D Hard to believe it's 43yrs since VisiCalc was launched and the addiction began.
Screenshot_20221017_163600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:36 am
Conspiracy theorist Alexmr2 Jones has been ordered by a Connecticut jury to pay $965 million to people who suffered from his lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre.

Conspiracy nuts, take note. :D
Kanye West has gone a few million higher. Adidas has cut ties with him after anti-Semitic remarks and spreading conspiracy theories. $1 Billion is the estimated cost to him.

It's absolutely staggering how much opening your mouth without engaging your brain (or not having a brain) can cost. Truss, Kwarteng, Jones and West have all done it, probably Kwarteng topping the league table.

Conspiracy nuts, watch out! :D
Derek27

Spent over an hour sitting in front of my PC going through my code trying to figure out why it was firing two bets. Eventually had that ah-ha moment while wandering around Lidl looking for a can of beans. :D
ShaunWhite

I was just watching the daily download from my vps and annoyed it was taking so long and it struck me how soon we get used to speed. Using my first modem it would have taken over 9 WEEKS. And still a day and a half using a 56k which seemed really zippy at the time. Now I just need to find 1,200 3½" disks now to store it on. :roll:
Screenshot_6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:48 am
I was just watching the daily download from my vps and annoyed it was taking so long and it struck me how soon we get used to speed. Using my first modem it would have taken over 9 WEEKS. And still a day and a half using a 56k which seemed really zippy at the time. Now I just need to find 1,200 3½" disks now to store it on. :roll:
Screenshot_6.jpg
In the old days of dial-up, web pages were so shallow you didn't even need an HTML editor. You could just type them out in raw HTML in a few minutes using Notepad. :)

These days when you do a google search and click on a link you get a page with 500+ adverts. Websites have taken full advantage of higher speeds so we can't.
Hepburn

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:40 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:48 am
Screenshot_6.jpg
In the old days of dial-up, web pages were so shallow you didn't even need an HTML editor. You could just type them out in raw HTML in a few minutes using Notepad. :)

These days when you do a google search and click on a link you get a page with 500+ adverts. Websites have taken full advantage of higher speeds so we can't.
I soo used to prefer notepad to clunky complicated dreamweaver.
greenmark

I hope he makes it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63730022

Do you need 4 limbs in space? I would suggest not.
Do you need a good mind? Sure you do.
My very best wishes go to him.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:05 pm
I hope he makes it.

I think it's just a box-ticking exercise to get a disabled person into space. If he's an athlete he's probably better placed to cope with the physical demands than most.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:41 pm
greenmark wrote:
I hope he makes it.

I think it's just a box-ticking exercise to get a disabled person into space. If he's an athlete he's probably better placed to cope with the physical demands than most.
I understand the "box-ticking" view but with all this LGBTQ+, human rights, anti- discrimination including folks with physical or mental challenges, we should think back to the suffragette movement. It's all simple when considered in that context.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:36 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
I hope he makes it.

I understand the "box-ticking" view but with all this LGBTQ+, human rights, anti- discrimination including folks with physical or mental challenges, we should think back to the suffragette movement. It's all simple when considered in that context.
Yes, we need to have the first man and woman to have sex in space (if it hasn't already happened). Then we need the first gay couple, followed by the first lesbians. :)

Come to think of it, imagine being the first child conceived in space!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:05 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:36 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Yes, we need to have the first man and woman to have sex in space (if it hasn't already happened). Then we need the first gay couple, followed by the first lesbians. :)

Come to think of it, imagine being the first child conceived in space!
TBH I was trying to find a "feel good" story amongst the pro-dismals and halfwit BBC hacks stories. How I wish I could pack those destructive opinions up and catapult them into space!!!
Derek27

I've renewed my Bet Angel subscription. :D
Derek27

No eggs!

I was gonna pop into McDonald's for breakfast when I found a breakfast muffin with a proper sausage, bacon, egg & cheese, coffee plus free refills in a Wetherspoon pub for just £3.45. :D

Return to “Chill Out Area”