Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
ANGELS15

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:12 pm
I usually expect to hear bad news when I get up and switch the TV on but today, two scumbags who robbed people of their pensions and life savings get a total of 12 years. :D
Not long enough!
Derek27

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:12 pm
I usually expect to hear bad news when I get up and switch the TV on but today, two scumbags who robbed people of their pensions and life savings get a total of 12 years. :D
Not long enough!
Don't know why the female always gets a lighter sentence. I bet she was the brains behind it. ;)
Derek27

Rain at last - first time for almost a month!
ShaunWhite

Copying between HDDs I used to get 120MB/sec
Copying between SATA SSDs I used to get 600MB/sec
Copying between NVMe M.2 drives I get 3GB/sec :D

And loading a daily api backup into SQL...
Screenshot_29.jpg
0.244 secs :lol:
1½ GB/s is ridiculous. SQL is ridiculous. I though it was bugging out and failing but it had finished!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

%#*¥ me, just realised that earlier this year 22/02/22 actually fell on a Tuesday
Emmson

Johnny Depp is in Happy Corner tonight. What seems incongruous is he discovered this when in Newcastle upon Tyne, my hometown. :D
ShaunWhite

:D At last, Isle of Man TT is back! (9pm ITV4). It puts bat and ball players who are scared of injections into perspective.
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:35 pm
:D At last, Isle of Man TT is back! (9pm ITV4). It puts bat and ball players who are scared of injections into perspective.
Maybe those bat & ball players weren’t scared of the injection, maybe they have had all previous vaccines injected, which would suggest they’re neither scared nor anti vax… maybe they just didn’t want to be injected with something that isn’t a vaccine by the very definition.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:59 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Maybe those bat & ball players weren’t scared of the injection, maybe they have had all previous vaccines injected, which would suggest they’re neither scared nor anti vax… maybe they just didn’t want to be injected with something that isn’t a vaccine by the very definition.
If they didn't have a problem taking it previously, and therfore shouldn't have a problem having another even though it would be unnecessary, then what was all that fuss in Aus about with one of them? But I don't care about them tbh, it was just an observation about commitment. NH jockeys and bike racers are actually worthy of admiration.
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:32 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:59 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
If they didn't have a problem taking it previously, and therfore shouldn't have a problem having another even though it would be unnecessary, then what was all that fuss in Aus about with one of them? But I don't care about them tbh, it was just an observation about commitment. NH jockeys and bike racers are actually worthy of admiration.
No idea, just saying that people who have had previous injections to covid aren’t necessarily scared of being injected, nor could they possibly be anti vax if they’ve had previous vaccines pre covid. Could be any reason & like yourself, I don’t care it’s their choice.

Have to agree when it comes to motorbike racing, I once got on the back of my father in law’s R1, that was the first and last time… My eyes couldn’t feed information to my brain fast enough to keep up with the speed we were going, it was like an eye watering blurred tunnel vision effect. When I got off my legs were literally shaking. Those professional riders are made up from something the general human like myself isn’t, I’m not sure what it is but I’ll just admire them doing what they do.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Flipping heck, Thank you and thank you +1. Nearly missed that. The TT is back. Joy of joys!!!!
ShaunWhite

Being on the back is way worse than being on the front. I wouldn't do it 😬. I'm glad I didn't get my bike licence till I was 30 (classic post divorce thing) by that age you're chicken enough to stay in one piece and wise enough to assume every other road user might be an idiot.
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:01 pm
Flipping heck, Thank you and thank you +1. Nearly missed that. The TT is back. Joy of joys!!!!
I never even look at ITV4 listings usually but I saw a trailer. It's a unique event in so many ways. :)
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:09 pm
Being on the back is way worse than being on the front. I wouldn't do it 😬. I'm glad I didn't get my bike licence till I was 30 (classic post divorce thing) by that age you're chicken enough to stay in one piece and wise enough to assume every other road user might be an idiot.
Hmmm… since I’ve turned 30ish all I’ve done in the car with the Mrs (as the passenger) is bang on about lane control, or lack of, especially when we’re going around and exiting roundabouts… I always point out the benefit of hanging back on the car at your side.

Not me when I’m by myself though, I hang extra back… literally slow down 20 to 30 meters from the roundabout, eye up the speed of the car in front so I can judge the lane takeover. If I get a whiff of no oncoming traffic and the car in front brakes, I’m cutting over them at the roundabout.

Still not matured.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:09 pm
Might be an idiot? That's more generous than many people I know who assume everybody else on the road is an idiot. ;)

I've been on the back of my brother's bike a few times when I was younger and he kept complaining that I'm not sitting naturally and unbalancing the bike. I don't know if I was leaning into the corners or trying to stay upright but perhaps you need to ride a bike yourself to be a good passenger. :)

Return to “Chill Out Area”