Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
jimibt

got this for £5 in local charity shop a few months back!! 52mm trivet (is that what it's called??), so either 2 espresso or one decent milky latte!!

caffe.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

whereas, i rescued this from the local municipal dump (altho officially against regulations!! - why let it be lanfdilled)

magimix.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:52 pm
I bet operating the Burrough's B1900 was a doddle compared to that coffee machine. :)
That takes me back. 3270 dumb terminals and an IBM mainframe when I first started
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:29 pm
got this for £5 in local charity shop a few months back!! 52mm trivet (is that what it's called??), so either 2 espresso or one decent milky latte!!

caffe.PNG
I used to have similar Jim. Could never get the tamp consistent and a faff to clean. These days I just want to press a button and go 🙂
Derek27

I've just had my worst flat white ever! Shouldn't really be on the happy thread but we're on the subject of coffee.
Derek27

So rewarding walking away from your trading desk with free bets and finding out they've come in when your down the supermarket. :D
Derek27

Al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawanker has been killed by a US drone. :D
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:05 pm
Only took them 20+ years!

Don' think most Americans really care, they'd rather have cheaper gas.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:51 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:05 pm
Only took them 20+ years!

Don' think most Americans really care, they'd rather have cheaper gas.
I'm sure they will. He played a key part in 9/11 and he was current leader of Al Qaeda. The big question now is how quickly can they take out the next appointed leader. If they can do it quickly it will be a demoralizing blow.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:03 pm
I'm sure they will. He played a key part in 9/11 and he was current leader of Al Qaeda. The big question now is how quickly can they take out the next appointed leader. If they can do it quickly it will be a demoralizing blow.
I don't think they will. The media are making a big deal of it obviously but I don't think the average person on the street does. The average American's worldview seems to have shifted massively in recent years especially since Trump rose to power. They used to hate the Russians, they were the bogeyman but they're not really bothered anymore even with what's going on in Ukraine.

Then look at the LIV tour in golf. Backed by the Saudi's who had a key role in 9/11, some of America's best and brightest golfers have taken the cash and are playing for the regime. What does the average golf fan in the US think about that? Judging by the reception these guys got on the PGA tour even after they 'defected', they don't seem to care. Golf fans are among the most conservative sports fans in the US and you would think there would be a lot of anger towards the players and Trump for getting into bed with the Saudi's but no, they turned out in big numbers to see the LIV tour played at one of Trump's courses last week. Trump himself has taken the Saudi cash to host the tour on two of his courses and he said only last week that nobody had gotten to the bottom of what happened on 9/11 when asked about Saudi involvement. If The Donald says the Saudi's are good people then 30% of the country will agree with him.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:03 pm
I don't think they will. The media are making a big deal of it obviously but I don't think the average person on the street does. The average American's worldview seems to have shifted massively in recent years especially since Trump rose to power. They used to hate the Russians, they were the bogeyman but they're not really bothered anymore even with what's going on in Ukraine.

Then look at the LIV tour in golf. Backed by the Saudi's who had a key role in 9/11, some of America's best and brightest golfers have taken the cash and are playing for the regime. What does the average golf fan in the US think about that? Judging by the reception these guys got on the PGA tour even after they 'defected', they don't seem to care. Golf fans are among the most conservative sports fans in the US and you would think there would be a lot of anger towards the players and Trump for getting into bed with the Saudi's but no, they turned out in big numbers to see the LIV tour played at one of Trump's courses last week. Trump himself has taken the Saudi cash to host the tour on two of his courses and he said only last week that nobody had gotten to the bottom of what happened on 9/11 when asked about Saudi involvement. If The Donald says the Saudi's are good people then 30% of the country will agree with him.
If I'm delighted that he's dead there must be many Americans also. I hope he died 'orribly! :D
greenmark

Not tremendously "Happy" though.
Probably more suited to Rant or Beer Corner.
Happy though that we've had a proper downfall here today. Maybe just enough to get us through till autumn.
But then again everything (apart from the grass) seems really verdant this year. Weird.
ShaunWhite

Not sure if this is a rant or a happy corner one.. My missus has held premium bonds for 4 weeks and just won TWO £25 prizes (from a £5k holding) .... I've had some since 1968 and never won a bean. :roll: 'Some' was £4 worth from the days when a £1 premuim bond counted as a birthday present though so not surprising. Can't say I'm not a bit gutted her 2nd wasn't a million though, we haven't got a prenup so I thought it was my ticket out :lol:
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:18 pm
Not sure if this is a rant or a happy corner one.. My missus has held premium bonds for 4 weeks and just won TWO £25 prizes (from a £5k holding) .... I've had some since 1968 and never won a bean. :roll: 'Some' was £4 worth from the days when a £1 premuim bond counted as a birthday present though so not surprising. Can't say I'm not a bit gutted her 2nd wasn't a million though, we haven't got a prenup so I thought it was my ticket out :lol:
Is it still administered by the Post Office? I wouldn't have much confidence in their software!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:29 pm
Is it still administered by the Post Office? I wouldn't have much confidence in their software!
:D she wins 50 quid and I'll draw "go directly to jail" .

Return to “Chill Out Area”