Happy Corner

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
ShaunWhite

sa7med wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:31 pm
Atho55 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:25 pm
After a week of offering, my better half is going to let me (try) and cut her hair tomorrow... can`t wait. Clippers with No4 blade as sub if I cock it up
Good luck. I tried my hand at just that 6 months ago. Surprisingly easy!
lol same....a straight fringe is so last season.

All you have to do is summon up the spirit of Teesie Weesie Raymond. You're old enough to get that Atho :)
a1e7e5dade241ffdbe728c6eb082bb34--hair-dos-beehive.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

Atho55 wrote:
After a week of offering, my better half is going to let me (try) and cut her hair tomorrow... can`t wait. Clippers with No4 blade as sub if I cock it up
I too got pressed into hairdressing service and that included recolouring roots, it did feel like a big responsibility - it all went fine - the instructions were clear enough. The small talk was the awkward part - apparently my "client" hadn't been on holiday recently and nor was she planning to have an evening out this weekend!
trader44

Jukebox wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 am
Atho55 wrote:
I too got pressed into hairdressing service and that included recolouring roots, it did feel like a big responsibility - it all went fine - the instructions were clear enough. The small talk was the awkward part - apparently my "client" hadn't been on holiday recently and nor was she planning to have an evening out this weekend!
great to read these posts as i am a hairdresser :D there will be many a kitchen scissor haircuts getting done during lockdown ..tips i can give for doing it are .dont cut a womans fringe when its wet as it might spring up when it dries :lol:
Atho55

Just had a Tesco shop delivered, including a Comb...

Good advice about the fringe, thanks.. will forget that. :lol: :lol:
Jukebox

trader44 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:12 am
..tips i can give for doing it are .dont cut a womans fringe when its wet as it might spring up when it dries :lol:
I can attest to that - and also that references to Bettie Page in the two weeks that follow don't go down too well either.
Wildly

Some people confide intimate secrets to their hairdresser.
Let us know if you find out anything juicy :P
Atho55

There will be more chance of seeing Lord Lucan on Shergar than cutting it again was the impression I was left with...
Derek27

It takes a brave man to do that - I've seen women in tears after a bad haircut, and that's from a hairdresser!
trader44

Great replies :D i can cut my own hair but only the top and side so i will be sporting a cracking mullet by the time the barbers open.possibly pat sharp or chris waddle :x :x
Derek27

I've been shaving my head with a wet razor every other day for the last 10 years :P .
Derek27

After a whole week hitting my head against a brick wall being told that I can't have a new account, change your password, etc. I finally spoke to a redhead (judging by her cartoon icon) and she offered me a new account without any fuss. :D

The only snag was when I was enquiring about the account being linked for PC purposes, I had that sinking feeling when I realised I'd have to explain to her what premium charge is and why they need to be linked. Ten minutes later I figured out it's an automatic process. I just wish there was some level of consistency in their training. Never did hear back from the escalation team or the VIP team. And the responsible team (that's their actual name!) are no better than the chat agents!
Euler

Betfair used to have a large call centre in Stevenage, you could actually speak to a human. I fear the age of Covid-19 has wiped out a lot of a call centres, of which hardly any will return.
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:08 pm
Betfair used to have a large call centre in Stevenage, you could actually speak to a human. I fear the age of Covid-19 has wiped out a lot of a call centres, of which hardly any will return.
When BJ said work from home if you can, I was quite surprised how many people I knew with office jobs who were able to do that without much restriction, even video meetings were a breeze. You'd think Betfair with all the technology employed to power the exchange would find a way of doing that.
spreadbetting

I'd imagine Betfair have outsourced their call centre like most companies seem to.

Back in the day I used to work with a guy who's mate was a call centre manager and used to send him tips from winning accounts. I'd hope security has tightened up a bit since then :o
ANGELS15

Euler wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:08 pm
I remember those days when you could speak quite easily to someone from the UK. They also used to have an actual technical support team that was quite good and could help you resolve issues with the mobile app.This was particularly useful in the early days of the app for the different platforms, Blackberry, Iphone, Android etc.They even had their own direct telephone no.

Sadly in recent years as has been already said the call centre has been moved abroad for several years now. The so called 'Help desk' seems to consist of people with little more knowlege than the ordinary operators or indeed oneself.

There are technical people around but they very much lurk in the background and are practically impossible to speak to directly. A sad state of affairs particularly when I read the threads about people's accounts being closed out of the blue. In the past you would no doubt have been able to speak to someone and clear the matter up relatively quickly.

Return to “Chill Out Area”