Forum Member Survey

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

TraderFred wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:41 pm
Either way, it sounds like account closing activity to me derek27.

Sounds like you’ve had a right few touches though. I imagine to celebrate, you headed down to the local off license or supermarket, switched a few price labels around, and got yourself a nice bottle of veuve cliquot, for £ 3.50 !
I was too late to catch the 33/1 but I was probably already pissed at the time. :D That's what I really enjoyed about arbing. It was more like a relaxing evening fishing than the pressure of trading. Crack open the beers and wait for the big fish. :D
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:18 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:01 am
It's what Derek said he does, arbs the winnings to the bookie accounts.
Can you quote the post where I said that, that is, losing on Betfair on purpose to reduce PC?

I'm getting really sick of going over the arbing/PC conversation again and again. I think I've put you straight on this about three times. Even if your above quote was true, when referencing a post two-and-a-half years old you shouldn't be talking in present tense! :roll:
You brought it up referencing your 3 year old 33/1 arb pic, Derek, I just quoted your posts in case other's wanted to follow suit to save themselves thousands in PC.
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:44 pm
........... but what I can say is that I've won thousands with bookies and lost thousands with Betfair through arbing, saving me hundreds in PC. .......
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:20 pm
............... I've managed to avoid PC for the time being because I've been arbing most of last year, but I can't see myself continuing when, or if, I have to pay 40%.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:18 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Can you quote the post where I said that, that is, losing on Betfair on purpose to reduce PC?

I'm getting really sick of going over the arbing/PC conversation again and again. I think I've put you straight on this about three times. Even if your above quote was true, when referencing a post two-and-a-half years old you shouldn't be talking in present tense! :roll:
You brought it up referencing your 3 year old 33/1 arb pic, Derek, I just quoted your posts in case other's wanted to follow suit to save themselves thousands in PC.
I didn't bring up the subject, rik brought it up and I was just answering the question below - you took the opportunity to raise the argument again.
rik wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:56 pm
what bookmaker offers good odds on us racing, isnt it mostly tote betting?
Edit: It wasn't rik, it was you that brought up the topic of arbing. viewtopic.php?p=229095#p229095

You snidely talk about "some people" who mastered backing winners with bookies and are stupid enough to lay them on the exchange, and you later sneakily attach my name to the group!!

But I was asking you to quote where I said I deliberately lost on Betfair for the purpose of PC avoidance, not incidental losses.
rik wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:52 am
real good strategy to lose on purpose to avoid premium charge...
whos telling you that?
spreadbetting wrote:
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:29 pm
Was a bit beyond me though as I had trouble maintaining bookie account for a few ticks when I was arbing, wasn't lucky enough to get the 33/1-2/1's to arb thousands out each week.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15654&start=10#p142678

viewtopic.php?p=172751#p172751
Can you quote where I said I arb thousands each week??

You think I'm dishonest past-posting, it's not exactly honest exaggerating to the extent of comparing one's lifetime profit to their weekly profit, is it?

I really don't know what your problem is SB. I'll probably never have a bot that wins 4-figure sums on an Aussie night but I don't get stroppy with you about it. The PC-free period is long gone but you keep banging on about it as though I'm making thousands a week trading and losing it all on US arbing, despite all my accounts being gubbed!
spreadbetting

I've no problem, Derek, probably only referenced your arbing a couple of times hardly continually banging on about it.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:15 pm
I've no problem, Derek, probably only referenced your arbing a couple of times hardly continually banging on about it.
It's a lot more than twice if you look back. Perhaps you can explain/quote where you get the "thousands a week" from?

You say "a lot" of people claim to arb away all their Betfair profits, implying they're doing it consistently on a weekly basis. Yet I've never encountered anyone from this imaginary group and I get sick of being attached to it.
spreadbetting

Where have I specifically said you arb thousands away each week? I said I wasn't lucky enough to arb away thousands each week to avoid PC. I could never maintain the accounts long enough or pick which side of the bet won.

I referenced the threads where you said you arb away thousands to the bookies and lose it on Betfair and avoided PC because of the arbing. Afraid I don't have the time to reference all the threads where you've suggested arbing as a way to avoid PC.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:03 pm
Where have I specifically said you arb thousands away each week? I said I wasn't lucky enough to arb away thousands each week to avoid PC. I could never maintain the accounts long enough or pick which side of the bet won.

I referenced the threads where you said you arb away thousands to the bookies and lose it on Betfair and avoided PC because of the arbing. Afraid I don't have the time to reference all the threads where you've suggested arbing as a way to avoid PC.
I never said you did specifically say I arb thousands each week, I was asking you where you got it from.
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:29 pm
Yep, even explained how to do it. Was a bit beyond me though as I had trouble maintaining bookie account for a few ticks when I was arbing, wasn't lucky enough to get the 33/1-2/1's to arb thousands out each week.
The first sentence was undoubtedly about me. As was the 33/1 > 2/1, so the end of the sentence does strongly imply and deceive.
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:03 pm
I referenced the threads where you said you arb away thousands to the bookies and lose it on Betfair and avoided PC because of the arbing.
I think your problem is when you read that you assumed I was claiming to avoid PC totally and as a going concern, and you immediately placed me in your hypothetical group of clairvoyant arbers. Perhaps they all got there the same way. The only things that are permanent are your false impressions, despite the fact that I've tried to correct you.
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 pm
I think your problem is when you read that you assumed I was claiming to avoid PC totally and as a going concern, and you immediately placed me in your hypothetical group of clairvoyant arbers. Perhaps they all got there the same way. The only things that are permanent are your false impressions, despite the fact that I've tried to correct you.
Considering you said you'd avoided PC "for the time being" because of your arbing I'm not sure what other assumption I could come to.
Derek27 wrote:
............... I've managed to avoid PC for the time being because I've been arbing most of last year, but I can't see myself continuing when, or if, I have to pay 40%.
Derek27 wrote:
........... but what I can say is that I've won thousands with bookies and lost thousands with Betfair through arbing, .....
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 pm
Considering you said you'd avoided PC "for the time being" because of your arbing I'm not sure what other assumption I could come to.
Derek27 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
........... but what I can say is that I've won thousands with bookies and lost thousands with Betfair through arbing, .....
Fair enough, I'll accept we got our wires crossed.
Derek27 wrote:
Spare a thought for the guys paying 40%+. I've managed to avoid PC for the time being because I've been arbing most of last year, but I can't see myself continuing when, or if, I have to pay 40%.
'for the time being' referred to the present as in avoiding paying tax, rather than never paying it (lifetime charges went over 20%). I should have said I can't see myself continuing using Betfair when I hit 40% PC. I didn't mean avoiding PC until I get there.

When I said I lost thousands with Betfair I obviously didn't mean my lifetime profit is negative, that's was just through arbing.
Atho55

You might want to scan over this before you continue to debate who does or does not do this or that...

https://www.daily25.com/bookmakers-trac ... y-insider/

I`m sure BF will be the same or worse....
gazuty

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:34 am
You might want to scan over this before you continue to debate who does or does not do this or that...

As we drift miles from the survey ... BF care about PC avoidance. But the one thing BF don't care about is sucessful participants. BF are just taking 5% (+PC) out of the pool. Bookies (and some other business models like CFD providers) hope the entire pool eventaully ends up in their own pocket and that all the participants take nothing.
Atho55

I thought it might stop them bickering again...

I would be surprised if the major bookies are NOT reading these forums to gather intelligence so why give them any opportunity
gazuty

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:25 am
I thought it might stop them bickering again...
Fair enough. :)

But JSM says let them speak and let us hear.
Derek27

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:34 am

I realise you were just posting to stop the bickering but I couldn't help finding this funny. :lol:
Betting Back – don’t be fooled into thinking that every “good punter” is restricted or banned completely. Why would any bookmaker do that? Most of the really good guys have their bet taken, then the bookmaker will place the same bet at a better price back into Betfair (or at least hedge it for a loss), or place the same bet onshore or offshore at private bookies. I’ve heard things like bookmakers have systems to check arbers on particular Betfair markets but I’ve never witnessed or are aware of this system myself.

Return to “Chill Out Area”