PhD sports betting help

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:13 pm
jimibt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:12 pm
head bands are worse!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

oooh he's quick.
anyway - punk on rocker (embarrassed smile icon)
Kafkaesque

Euler wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:24 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:04 pm
What I find interesting in the survey, despite the stigma and the patronizing parts (which I see irked some of the others), is that there is no mention of profit anywhere, no questions aimed at whether you're profitable and to what extent, it's almost as if everyone is doomed to lose :)
My view of academia and the press is that when you say you have made millions gambling, they just aren't interested.

I've done some lovely work in these markets, but when I reach out I just get brushed off. But you see many stories about problem gambling, just not successful gambling. Nobody is interested.
In many ways, poker was similar 15-20 years ago prior to and in the early stages of the boom. The common man consensus was that it was pure gambling. It got there in the end, and I'd say your average person would now concede that poker is skill, albeit with strong gambling connections. The stories also shifted slowly from reckless degenerates to succes stories which also touched on the work and skill set going into it. The degenerate story line never went away and never will; people just love it too much to have someone to look down upon. To be able to think, thank god I don't have that sort of addiction as they eat their pizza with a can of Coke, before heading out for seven pints of lager.

With the emergence of xG becoming a more commonly understood (in broooooad terms) concept, I feel betting, and by default extension trading not far behind, could be on the cusp of a similar development.

In as far as we'd want that development, then we should all be Brentford fans imho. Throwing Benham and his story into the headlights of the world that is the PL would push that narrative more than any other one event ever could.
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:06 pm
There also wasn't a question.......have you ever turned down a shag for gambling?

Yes! When waiting for Australian Open to start at midnight.
Left a hot bird in the Pitcher & Piano to start my trading session instead
It's a shame Foden and Greenwood don't have your dedication. :)
darchas

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:31 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:06 pm
There also wasn't a question.......have you ever turned down a shag for gambling?

Yes! When waiting for Australian Open to start at midnight.
Left a hot bird in the Pitcher & Piano to start my trading session instead
It's a shame Foden and Greenwood don't have your dedication. :)
I'd imagine Southgate probably feels more like a teacher leading a field trip at the moment rather than England manager :lol:
Kai

YvonneHart wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:09 am
When I read the topic of the thread, I really became interested and I wondered whether sports betting can really be an interesting study for the university. But it turned out to be some kind of joke or I may be didn't understand something. :(
Sports trading or betting is not a joke, you can scroll above to this post for a short summary : viewtopic.php?p=233175#p233175

Return to “Chill Out Area”