PhD sports betting help

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
weemac

Perhaps the forum's header - "Betfair Forum", led her to believe that this is the Betfair forum.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:01 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:42 pm
I once took an FT journalist out for breakfast in a swanky restaurant, he loved the story and was amazed at the concept. But said he would never get it past editorial, he was right. The editor didn't want anything to do with it, no matter that it was effectively spread betting in the same way you would with financials.
Yup, I doubt her peers would be interested in any success stories either :)

On the off chance that Liz hasn't spotted the large elephant in the room and if she maybe got mislead by the product's name (Bet Angel) for her survey, what we're talking about here is day trading in a nutshell, about people utilizing financial trading skillsets to lock in a guaranteed profit during a sporting event or before one even starts, and we do this by trading the price movement much like a Forex trader would, without the need to actually gamble on the outcome of those events.

That is why a lot of people here are able to consistently profit from the daily markets on the Exchange, and there are plenty that make excessively more tax-free income than any PhD realistically ever could, while some of the most experienced ones (like Euler here) have made millions by now throughout their long sports trading careers, and that is not an exaggeration.

I think we are more than happy to break down her survey from a sports trading perspective if she wants to take it in that direction, or if she wants to abandon it in case this was a bit of a blunder, that's fine as well :)
Couldn't think of a better way to put it & i did try a few times only to delete what I wrote.
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Well, if Liz didn't see us all as gambling degenerates already, she definitely will now :D

@Liz

What I find interesting in the survey, despite the stigma and the patronizing parts (which I see irked some of the others), is that there is no mention of profit anywhere, no questions aimed at whether you're profitable and to what extent, it's almost as if everyone is doomed to lose :)
That's clearly how the HMRC see it...
wearthefoxhat

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:06 pm
There also wasn't a question.......have you ever turned down a shag for gambling?

Yes! When waiting for Australian Open to start at midnight.
Left a hot bird in the Pitcher & Piano to start my trading session instead
If that was the one in Bristol, I think she's still waiting.....
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:01 pm
mislead by the product's name (Bet Angel)
I've always been suprised by that choice of the name BetAngel, 'Bet' is such loaded word in the public consciousness.

tbh I have a couple of relatives who visit and I make sure my screens are off because even I don't want the word "BET" splashed all over my screen even though I could explain it. It just looks so shady.
ShaunWhite

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:08 pm
That's clearly how the HMRC see it...
:D I cringe when I see people trying to legitimise gambling for that very reason. STFU ! Last thing I want is people thinking this is a proper job.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

It was a brand choice really as ultimately the main exchanges were called BET fair and BET daq.

We did actually try to register another name first but by the time we tried to register it, it was gone. So we defaulted to the next on the list.

I'm pretty much resigned to the stigma of BET and realise that actually partially an edge for all of us.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:17 pm
It was a brand choice really as ultimately the main exchanges were called BET fair and BET daq.

We did actually try to register another name first but by the time we tried to register it, it was gone. So we defaulted to the next on the list.

I'm pretty much resigned to the stigma of BET and realise that actually partially an edge for all of us.
Angel Flutter has/had a certain ring to it...
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:

I can see the benefit of the tie in with the "Bet..." prefix tbh. I'm going to guess it was "BetTrader" that wasn't available.
Euler

No, the dot com domain on that when very early on in internet history to a racing car brand / site.
jimibt

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:20 pm
Euler wrote:

or Money Flutter by
wearthefoxhat

jimibt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:22 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Euler wrote:

or Money Flutter by
or...maybe using Bet Angel as an anagram...

Tenable/Getable/Elegant
jimibt

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:28 pm
jimibt wrote:
wearthefoxhat wrote:

or Money Flutter by

Tenable/Getable/Elegant
or as an antonym: Certain Devil
wearthefoxhat

jimibt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:31 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:28 pm
jimibt wrote:

or Money Flutter by

Tenable/Getable/Elegant
or as an antonym: Certain Devil
That's the winner right there.. :)
ShaunWhite

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Whatever it is you have to add "Pro" of course.

BetBandit ? PuntoSoft? MugMasher? .....Pro

loving the anagrams fox, very clever.

Return to “Chill Out Area”