Noisy neighbours

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Korattt

on & off for the past three years or so our very partially deaf next door neighbour who suffers, shall we say, medical episodes plays music really loud, I mean annoyingly loud, last Sunday / Monday from midnight through ‘til approx 7am, we’ve taken out an indefinite noise abatement notice on him which our local council executed but after a year now he’s started up again.. with this we contacted his family to which he’s now sectioned, here’s the crux..

When he’s fine he’s good company, however he gets into the mindset that as he’s ok he doesn’t need to take any meds, on the back of this in his frustration he’s sent me the following..

AB1F9C86-F91B-46A4-860E-0C8B7961F641.jpeg
C6C2499E-E5C4-46DA-B775-832C91C983AF.jpeg

his (adopted) family aren’t local, we get the feeling due to his abnormal nature / behaviour they can’t be arsed with him, what do you think?, anyone else think this is harassment?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
to75ne

give him er slap, that should shut him up.
Korattt

done that, his 82 year old Lordship shoved the problem onto his real son, who indirectly coerced our neighbour to be sectioned.. for the 30th, (THIRTIETH) time, as were not family we’re obviously not entitled to any input or say into his welfare
to75ne

oh well, either put up with the grief or give him slap, the only choices you have. i am off to the pub best of luck.
darchas

Giving him your mobile number seems like a bad idea. Can't you just report him to the council again and let them deal with it?
Korattt

to75ne wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm
oh well, either put up with the grief or give him slap, the only choices you have. i am off to the pub best of luck.
bearing in mind I don’t want to get involved in any potential racially construed alterations, if you get where I’m coming from?, anyone else got any diplomatic resolutions
Korattt

darchas wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:51 pm
Giving him your mobile number seems like a bad idea. Can't you just report him to the council again and let them deal with it?
I get that but when he moved in he seemed fine, as neighbours we got to “know” each other so exchanged numbers as you do?
ShaunWhite

De-escalte by buying him a decent quality set of headphones. If you go all Captain Caveman on him you might find you're house has been torched. Courts love the side that tries to avoid court over things like this so it'll stand you in really good stead too for that route.
Korattt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 pm
De-escalte by buying him a decent quality set of headphones. If you go all Captain Caveman on him you might find you're house has been torched. Courts love the side that tries to avoid court over things like this so it'll stand you in really good stead too for that route.
Shaun, he has a pair, the ironic thing is that I’ve seen him go out several times wearing them?
jamesg46

I would suggest responding to this with acceptance, reason and build a mutual respect with boundaries for each other off this low.

Shaun makes a very good point about the courts & its probably a very good idea to do everything you can to build a respectful relationship up (from this point.) If it does go to court because of an escalation then you need to take the moral high ground with you.

Sounds like a tough predicament & I dont envy you, swinging punches is never a good idea, as much as he pisses you off, one punch is all it can take sometimes & a manslaughter charge would surely be worse than trying to find some common ground or simply moving house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:46 pm
one punch is all it can take sometimes & a manslaughter charge..
I hear you James, last year I was assaulted outside hospital whilst visiting an elderly relative so going down that route doesn’t really appease me shall we say?
Derek27

Is his electricity switch outside of the building? ;)
ShaunWhite

It's a pain, neighbour noise is a misery. I don't think I was truely happy until we got a detatched house.
Courts can be f'in expensive. We're going through a custody thing at the moment trying and get my son fair access to his baby (the mother, and her mother are psycho and won't let it out of her house)...estimate of the final bill, for legal access then an attempt at full custody....fifteen grand, incl a barrister for 2 days at £800 a pop. I could get a contract killer to sort the problem out for less. But their advice was to stay squeaky clean so hence the suggestion of an olive branch, even if it chokes you if you decide to go that route. That "advice" probably cost me 200 quid (£35 an email and £15 a MINUTE on the phone) but you can have it for free.
Korattt

I phoned the police as it started again in the hope that the noise abatement notice was enforceable, (we wasn’t obliged to a copy of it), they wouldn’t attend.. too busy apparently 🙄, however when someone contacted Plod ‘cos he’d gone “missing“ for a few days, they woke us up banging on his front door windows trying to get him to answer the door.. he wasn’t even there, I had to tell the police he’s now in hospital under section 3, & we ain’t even his family telling them that?, it seems that as we’re good responsible neighbours we’re the reliable ones to look out for him 😡

We’ve tried to make it clear to his adopted family that we’re concerned for his welfare, like he smokes weed that seeps it’s way into our house & gets in a state sometimes, like his smoke alarm was going off late one night, we were in & nothing was happening next door, I had to nigh on break his door down (don’t forget he’s basically deaf) before he answered, he fell asleep pissed & left food cooking on the hob🤦🏻‍♂️ .. and due to his financial backing of his parents & his vulnerability we feel that he gets the piss taken out of him by his visitors, his cars worth more than his house I’m sure of it & he lets any Tom, Dick or Harriet use it, now I wonder what for?, 🤔
TraderFred

Get him some better weed, or introduce him to some edibles. That should keep him quiet.

Return to “Chill Out Area”