Noisy neighbours

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Korattt wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:11 pm
the thing is with moving away is that it doesn’t solve the problem, a bit like me going back to work.. I could go back to work Monday but who’s to say I may suffer another breakdown again should whatever I do or wherever I go trigger it off,

I’ve come to terms that I have a problem, (or issues - beyond my control might I add), I’ve identified & addressed this or these now & l somehow I need to solve them, the thing is no one I know, (thankfully) has been in the same situation as me, got to a point where I’ve been paddling on the surface for months but somehow something just ducked me way below the depths, leaving me struggling to stay afloat on top of it all, that’s the best analogy I can come up with anyway 🌊
Well if CBT doesn't work out and the bizzies can't rein this guy in, PCT is another possibility. I know a very good Person centred therapist that can work over zoom etc . You mentioned meditiation and in extremis I've used the Buddhist metha bhavna. It isn't a solution, but may help. Although since it requires you to radiate love and kindness from you as the centre, it might stop suddenly at next door.
https://thebuddhistcentre.com/text/lovi ... meditation
Korattt

thanks GM, appreciate that.. I really do 🙏
Korattt

just thought I’d share with you guy some content of our WhatsApp exchanges in the past.. (since been blocked & changed number)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

recording equipment installed by council yet again this afternoon 🙄

A09D7D4A-50D6-4567-B1D5-9E61557681E6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

been diagnosed with PTSD today, possibly complex PTSD 🤦🏻‍♂️
greenmark

Korattt wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:34 pm
been diagnosed with PTSD today, possibly complex PTSD 🤦🏻‍♂️
That's a step forward. Everything you've said about this suggests to me you're doing everything right. :)
I may have metioned I lived next to a flat that had a fairly high turnover of tennants and some were very noisy. Like you could hear the dialogue of TV programmes never mind being exposed to othe peoples musical tastes at high volumes at silly times of the morning.
But unilke yours experience these people came and went. And the only one I faced up at 3:00am who was clearly stoned said "Uh sorry mate". And was perfect thereafter.
I think I would have flipped in your situation by now. I have nothing but admiration for you. Good luck as it goes on.
Korattt

greenmark wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:05 pm
Good luck as it goes on.
kind word GM, thanks

in actual fact it feels to a point as if some of the weight off of my shoulders so to speak has lifted a little, just to hear someone qualified suggesting that I actually have a medical condition relating to what’s gone on really is encouraging, the quack on the phone mentioned that I’m maybe in need of some EMDR, the stuff that Prince William’s brother was spotted performing on TV, crossing his arms & patting himself🤦🏻‍♂️

Return to “Chill Out Area”