"Event" question

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
eatyourgreens

Hi all,
.....and happy and safe new year to everyone!

Can some one please confirm that a greyhound forecast market, and a greyhound win market (for the same race), are both from the same "event"?

I ask because, I have a rules file that places a bet in the win mrkt., the file uses a matched bet condition to store a value (for the event,shared, .....entered value 1)

According to the log, all this works absolutely fine, and everything does as it should, and I have a stored value of "1" (for the event, shared). The name of this sv is the row number the bet was matched on, ie one two three, etc.

I then have another rules file for the forecast market, this should place a bet (or bets) on certain selections, there is only one condition applied to this back bet(s), a stored value condition, that the named condition is = 1. Even though the sv condition is true, the bet does not fire :-( , nothing happens at all.

trigger times and amount of triggers are all ok, and refresh rates are ok, the bet just wont fire even though the stored vale = 1

As I have checked, checked, and checked everything, (could still be my bad bot making!) I am starting to wonder if these two mrkts are not classed as the same "event"

Any advice would be most welcome,

thanx,
have a nice day! :-)
gregla

Bumping this question.

I've shared a stored value for the event in a UK greyhound win market.

In the place market, it can read in the value.

But in the forecast market, it won't read in the value.

24/09/2021 19:08:59: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for market: greg2. First value invalid.

Can anyone help with this please?
Derek27

eatyourgreens wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:11 pm
Hi all,
.....and happy and safe new year to everyone!
A bit late now but a happy new year to you too. :)
Dallas

gregla wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:10 pm
Bumping this question.

I've shared a stored value for the event in a UK greyhound win market.

In the place market, it can read in the value.

But in the forecast market, it won't read in the value.

24/09/2021 19:08:59: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for market: greg2. First value invalid.

Can anyone help with this please?
What is it you are trying to store?
Whatever it is might not be applicable in the F/C market
gregla

Hi Dallas,

It's just a normal stored value, e.g. the back price of the selection in row 1.
Dallas

gregla wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:45 pm
Hi Dallas,

It's just a normal stored value, e.g. the back price of the selection in row 1.
Its just worked for me
F/C markets form very late, are you sure there is money in them when your rule triggers?
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gregla

Thanks Dallas. I still can't get get it to work. I've been using BA automation for years but I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious.

The fact it works with the place market but not the FC market is just weird.

Any chance you can upload your automation files for this simple example so I can see what I'm doing wrong please?
Dallas

gregla wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:59 pm
Thanks Dallas. I still can't get get it to work. I've been using BA automation for years but I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious.

Any chance you can upload your automation files for this simple example so I can see what I'm doing wrong please?
Sure here you go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gregla

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:05 pm
gregla wrote:

Sure here you go
Thanks a lot, but it won't open. Are you using v1.57? I'm still on v1.56.
Dallas

gregla wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:09 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:05 pm
gregla wrote:

Sure here you go
Thanks a lot, but it won't open. Are you using v1.57? I'm still on v1.56.
Yes, you'll need V1.57 to use it
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=24292
gregla

Thanks. I'm now using 1.57 and dowloaded the file, but it's not really doing what I expected.

Firstly, I expected 2 files. One from the win market that sets the value, and the for the FC market which reads it in.

I'll give you screenshots of what I've got anyway.
win.JPG
FC.JPG
Can you see anything wrong with it? :)
Dallas

Ah I see, I didn't realise that you were trying to pass a SV between the two markets, I thought you just had a file that worked on the win market but not the F/C

I seem to remember coming across this once or twice before and found for some reason BF have put the Greyhound F/C market outside the event, so its not possible to pass a SV between the two - as its technically in a different Event
gregla

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:47 pm
Ah I see, I didn't realise that you were trying to pass a SV between the two markets, I thought you just had a file that worked on the win market but not the F/C

I seem to remember coming across this once or twice before and found for some reason BF have put the Greyhound F/C market outside the event, so its not possible to pass a SV between the two - as its technically in a different Event
Sorry, probably didn't explain myself properly! :)

OK, that's bad news. Is there any other workaround, or any future possiblity of Betfair and BA coming together to fix this?
Dallas

gregla wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:49 pm
Dallas wrote:

OK, that's bad news. Is there any other workaround, or any future possiblity of Betfair and BA coming together to fix this?
It needs to be changed at BF's end, there's nothing BA can do.
If they just put the F/C markets in the same Event that would solve the problem (its the only instance I've come across in ANY sport/market where they have one of the markets outside the Event)
gregla

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:12 pm
gregla wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:49 pm
Dallas wrote:

It needs to be changed at BF's end, there's nothing BA can do.
If they just put the F/C markets in the same Event that would solve the problem (its the only instance I've come across in ANY sport/market where they have one of the markets outside the Event)
No worries Dallas, thanks for your help mate - always appreciated.

Return to “Chill Out Area”