The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

Tomorrow's the last chance to enjoy hot and sunny weather. Then it's back to the typical British summer. :(
Derek27

Heard a commotion outside and popped out to see if my cat was involved. Saw a neighbour with a high-tech camera outside his front door and asked him what he's doing. He said he's a storm chaser, there's a storm 25 miles away and he's trying to capture it. I asked him a burning question, why some of his security cameras are pointing at odd places, like the sky. They're not security cameras but storm/lightning capturing cameras.

After chatting for a while he invited me into his place. He's got a setup that any trader would die for; massive 10 processor desktop, 15 screens, it was like being at MET office headquarters, all for chasing storms, and he does it as a hobby!!!
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:30 am
Heard a commotion outside and popped out to see if my cat was involved. Saw a neighbour with a high-tech camera outside his front door and asked him what he's doing. He said he's a storm chaser, there's a storm 25 miles away and he's trying to capture it. I asked him a burning question, why some of his security cameras are pointing at odd places, like the sky. They're not security cameras but storm/lightning capturing cameras.

After chatting for a while he invited me into his place. He's got a setup that any trader would die for; massive 10 processor desktop, 15 screens, it was like being at MET office headquarters, all for chasing storms, and he does it as a hobby!!!
sounds like an unwordly experience for you :). that said, something tells me he may need *company* as a result of his obsession - lol
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:14 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:30 am

sounds like an unwordly experience for you :). that said, something tells me he may need *company* as a result of his obsession - lol
He said his girlfriend left him for someone else a while ago. I had to refrain from saying, I'm not surprised. :lol: He's planning a storm-chasing trip to the US next year. :roll:
Derek27

I've reached the year 1973 in my time machine and saw the video of the first record I ever bought, Garry Glitter's I Love You Love Me Love. It's quite ironic that it was introduced by Jimmy Savile. :lol:
Derek27

I don't agree with erasing history, whether it's slave traders or Garry Glitter records, but somebody on YouTube's come up with a brilliant idea, reducing the sound level and forcing people who actually want to listen to it turn up. :lol:

Most playlists you find have just pulled them, like the slave statues.
Derek27

I'm just innocently watching the UK Top 100 of 1973 to bring back old memories, the sort of memories I had sitting with my family watching top of the pops. But I don't remember seeing anything like this. :lol:

I'd love to see how my mum would have reacted to that after her Candid Camera reaction. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xyxswZ ... 9&index=73
Derek27

1973 was a pretty crap year for music! David Bowie's Life on Mars was my pick of the year but there wasn't much I'd still want to listen to.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:43 am
1973 was a pretty crap year for music! David Bowie's Life on Mars was my pick of the year but there wasn't much I'd still want to listen to.
What about this classic?! :)

https://youtu.be/_dggAQk5peA?list=RD_dggAQk5peA

Not quite as outdated as the monarchy but not far off! :D
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:38 am
Derek27 wrote:

Yes, that tops most lists for 1973. Not a bad song but that really highlights what a naff year it was. :)
darchas

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:38 am
Derek27 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Took me a few minutes to realise it wasn't something like this https://youtu.be/byg5mNmxXWU?t=136

:lol:
Trader Pat

An hour of Steve Coogan singing, thats horrific! :lol:
Derek27

Just booted up my new laptop and whatever version of windows is on it, it's demanding an email address, unlike any other version I've used. Apparently, msarewankers@outlook is already in use, but microsoftarewakers is not available. It looks like they've barred the name in anticipation. :lol:
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
1974 was even worse!
firlandsfarm

Remember Carol Kirkwood's "doggers" moment? well she had another one this morning ... in the preamble to giving the weather forecast from Wimbledon she referred to "the boys balls" (instead of the ball boys!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”