The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
firlandsfarm

ValvesAndBatteries.jpg
:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beermonsterman

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:04 pm
ValvesAndBatteries.jpg

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
so true :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:47 pm
Occasionally a headline makes me chuckle for reasons I know not.
"Captain Kirk: Bezos' Blue Origin to send William Shatner into space"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58792761
I loved Star Trek when I was a kid and was always interested in the behind the scenes stuff so following on from that this is typical Shatner. Apparently he hated any of the other actors getting any of the spotlight and so he wasn't very popular with the rest of the cast. When Leonard Nimoy died he didn't go to the funeral because he said he had 'previous commitments' and this trip into space is the ultimate f*ck you to James Doohan who played Scotty and had his ashes shot into orbit when he died. :D
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:33 pm
greenmark wrote:
I loved Star Trek when I was a kid and was always interested in the behind the scenes stuff so following on from that this is typical Shatner. Apparently he hated any of the other actors getting any of the spotlight and so he wasn't very popular with the rest of the cast. When Leonard Nimoy died he didn't go to the funeral because he said he had 'previous commitments' and this trip into space is the ultimate f*ck you to James Doohan who played Scotty and had his ashes shot into orbit when he died. :D
Have you ever seen the Haynes manual for the Starship Enterprise? So mind-blowingly serious you'd think it was really built. :lol:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:09 am
Trader Pat wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Have you ever seen the Haynes manual for the Starship Enterprise? So mind-blowingly serious you'd think it was really built. :lol:
I can go one better than that...

I have a copy of the Star Trek encyclopedia somewhere :lol:
Derek27

Got a bit of a shock to find some of my nephews and nieces have hit their 30s - I thought they were still in their early 20s!

When I left my sister's house my niece said to me, "See you in a couple of years uncle Derek, I'll still be 27". :lol:
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:09 pm
Got a bit of a shock to find some of my nephews and nieces have hit their 30s - I thought they were still in their early 20s!

When I left my sister's house my niece said to me, "See you in a couple of years uncle Derek, I'll still be 27". :lol:
I was shocked earlier when my mrs said I was thinning on top… I asked her to take a photo and it hit home hard. Problem is I’m not just thinning, the area that I’m thinning is shaped like a nob… so now I’m officially known as nob head in my house.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:04 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:09 pm

I was shocked earlier when my mrs said I was thinning on top… I asked her to take a photo and it hit home hard. Problem is I’m not just thinning, the area that I’m thinning is shaped like a nob… so now I’m officially known as nob head in my house.
:lol: Just do what I did years ago and shave it all off. No dandruff, money wasted on shampoo or hairdressers, just a clean head. :)
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:09 am
Trader Pat wrote:
greenmark wrote:
When I was travelling, I worked in a book warehouse for a while whose company was the publisher for all the Star Trek books. I remember reading all the schematics for the Enterprise design in one large book, including full size, pull out, blueprints. I was also amused to find the Klingon-English\English-Klingon dictionary.
Derek27

Got a frightening message on my TV screen saying something along the lines of "This DVR is fucked and will attempt a repair. It may take three hours. DO NOT SWITCH OFF FOR 3 HOURS!"

What do I do? I switch the bugger off! :lol:

Switched it on again, same message, waited 15 minutes and it's back working with all my recordings in tack. :D I just wish Virgin Media would give more accurate timings instead of scaring the crap out of you.
Derek27

Fuck me!!!

I've always ignored the 'size of text' setting thinking it's for blind people. Didn't realise you can emulate a higher screen resolution by reducing it.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:46 pm
Fuck me!!!

I've always ignored the 'size of text' setting thinking it's for blind people. Didn't realise you can emulate a higher screen resolution by reducing it.
Capture.PNG
If you have your Windows scaling on anything larger than 100% (or 96dpi as it's sometimes called) many areas of Bet Angel won't display properly

ie, the rules and settings editors will have many of the pick lists or other options not being visible
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:42 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:46 pm
Fuck me!!!

Capture.PNG
If you have your Windows scaling on anything larger than 100% (or 96dpi as it's sometimes called) many areas of Bet Angel won't display properly

ie, the rules and settings editors will have many of the pick lists or other options not being visible
My old laptop was on 100%. My new one defaults to 125%. No problems with BA displaying but much better on 100%. I could do with a longer ladder. :D
Derek27

As soon as the Reading match is over a flat-pack frenzy begins for me. Wardrobe, dinner table, bathroom cabinet, rant corner. :lol:
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:01 am
Getting to the end of 1980. Legs & Co were on in their sexy outfits and flashy hairstyles, followed by the Nolans - grossly overdressed with 1970's hairstyles! Why did I ever fancy them? :lol:
It's 1981 now, talking about the Nolans being overdressed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFJRrF ... 5&index=59

Return to “Chill Out Area”