The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:34 pm
eatyourgreens wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:13 pm
I am not sure that the words "burgers", "McDonalds", and "enjoying", are allowed to be used in two adjacent sentences.
You may say that. But I have a fetish for the odd Big Mac or chicken burger.
The only decisions are taste and environmental. Tastewise I like 'em, not up to the standard of a (long lost) Wendyburger or a proper US diner (albiet in London), but I can't replicate the unctuousness of the burger or the delicacy of the fries. And believe me I've tried.
Environmentally I'm tryng to move away from ruminant meat, but it ain't easy. I flipping like beef and lamb and haven't found a decent substitute. I don't know how to make pork mince as tasty as beef and roast lamb is unique. But if anyone has ideas for beef/lamb alternatives, I'm all ears. :-)

A Big Mac has nothing on a Whopper.

Having said that if you're constipated nothing beats McDonalds!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
eatyourgreens wrote:
I am not sure that the words "burgers", "McDonalds", and "enjoying", are allowed to be used in two adjacent sentences.
The only decisions are taste and environmental. Tastewise I like 'em, not up to the standard of a (long lost) Wendyburger or a proper US diner (albiet in London), but I can't replicate the unctuousness of the burger or the delicacy of the fries. And believe me I've tried.
Environmentally I'm tryng to move away from ruminant meat, but it ain't easy. I flipping like beef and lamb and haven't found a decent substitute. I don't know how to make pork mince as tasty as beef and roast lamb is unique. But if anyone has ideas for beef/lamb alternatives, I'm all ears. :-)
If you want to cut down your meat intake, don't bother with any of the crap meat substitutes. Just open your cookbook at the vegetarian section. There must be something you fancy.
greenmark

:D :lol:
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:39 pm
greenmark wrote:
eatyourgreens wrote:

:lol: Thankfully, McD's have never had that effect on me.
Interesting though how the franchise system creates anomalies. The only Burger King burger I've had put me off for life. (Sheffield city centre).
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:43 pm
greenmark wrote:
eatyourgreens wrote:
If you want to cut down your meat intake, don't bother with any of the crap meat substitutes. Just open your cookbook at the vegetarian section. There must be something you fancy.
Yup. Tofu was a fail, but perhaps I need to perservere.
Ratatouille is good and I have a veggie curry base sauce that can work with veg or meat. But it's a struggle.
BTW thanks for the Sorpotel recipe you posted, looks intriguing. :-)
Derek27

Trade to small stakes when you've been drinking all day. I lost a few quid repeatedly clicking on the ladder without realising the market was suspended, only to find the last two bets were matched after the goal. Luckily, one of them was matched at a fair price but I still threw away a green.
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:15 am
Don't cook a meal just before you intend to go to bed. You end up shoving it down your gob instead of enjoying it.
Done it again! Why am I so flipping lazy that I only think of cooking when I need to get to bed? :lol:
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:39 pm
greenmark wrote:
eatyourgreens wrote:

:lol: I'd agree with that. No comparison between that BBQ taste and the mess in a bun that I only eat when it's 99p on the app!
Derek27

flipping hell! Almost went to bed with the oven left on! :o
Derek27

I've just had a McDonald's quarter pounder for 99p and the voucher still remains on the app!

What can I do? I'll just have to pop back in the evening and have another. :D
Derek27

Wayne Couzens is being charged with two counts of indecent exposure. If found guilty he could have a few weeks added to his whole life sentence!
Derek27

The hedgehog came back, I found it sleeping on my lawn. I chucked a few cat biscuits in front of its nose but it didn't move. Then I tried some pieces of lettuce, no response. Then I dropped some small pieces of cheese, startled it and it ran into the corner of my garden. I put some more pieces of cheese on a little plate and put it in front of the hedgehog but it still just sat there.

But when I retired back to my flat and took the cat with me and watched it through the window, after a few minutes, it stuck its face into the cheese. :D

How such a placid animal with no fear of creatures 100 times bigger than it, hasn't gone extinct beats the hell out of me!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:56 am
The hedgehog came back, I found it sleeping on my lawn. I chucked a few cat biscuits in front of its nose but it didn't move. Then I tried some pieces of lettuce, no response. Then I dropped some small pieces of cheese, startled it and it ran into the corner of my garden. I put some more pieces of cheese on a little plate and put it in front of the hedgehog but it still just sat there.

But when I retired back to my flat and took the cat with me and watched it through the window, after a few minutes, it stuck its face into the cheese. :D

How such a placid animal with no fear of creatures 100 times bigger than it, hasn't gone extinct beats the hell out of me!
They're quite difficult to chew?
And they really can curl up into impregnable spikey ball. Cute but usually flea-ridden I believe.
Derek27

I've run out of cleaning clothes! What an excuse for not doing the housework. :D :lol:
Derek27

WTF is that plastic glue-like stuff that you find stuck to every can of beer?
greenmark

And I worry about bees. :lol:

Escaped 18ft python on roof of house in Chandlers Ford
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... e-62678259

Return to “Chill Out Area”