The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:35 pm
Don't often drink two nights running but gotta celebrate the end of winter. If I'm premature I can always celebrate again later. :D
Careful there, if you were in Japan....

japandrunk.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
invisiblelayer

beermonsterman wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:56 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:31 pm
beermonsterman wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Right Yellow foot time
its a wine night tonight maybe get the tin foil hat out juice
Fancy something bubbly later... still got a few bottles left over from Christmas.
Nothing lasts that long around me :lol: :lol:
I got a taste for Lager again over the winter. Trouble is most of its shite, Stella is dreadful and made in Wales. Heineken is superb if you get the import bottles not the crap brewed under supervision which means Moss Side Manchester, probably a few old joints mashed in with the brewing process with dead body canal water as it's vile. Any code on the bottle that has 528 in it is the real deal and made in Holland, really nice drink compared to that weak crap made here and sold here a few years ago, also avoid it on tap crap from moss side. Big into the Czech Budvar Budweiser you can pick up from Tesco....but I'm now off the Lager now finished a load off this last week. Twiddling my fingers whilst nursing a injury got me to finish the lot in before my exercise kicks back in, thought I had enough in for summer as it was piled high. Don't mind imported Peroni but not as good as Budvar, Morreti is better in Italy compared to Scottish made but many like it. Last mention is the Heineken cans avoid the 440ml junk as all made in Moss Side, 330ml small cans are imported. Pretty amazed they get away with the quality as they have to send samples to HQ, probably on a spliff and crack and import bottle open and send that back as the difference is night and day.

Think I'll stick to with the red wine with a meal as it gives me a headache thinking what shit we accept :lol:
beermonsterman

ARRMEN to that brother couldn't of said that better 8-) :lol:
beermonsterman

Imported lager is the best by far >
LeTiss

invisiblelayer wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Stella is dreadful and made in Wales. Heineken is superb if you get the import bottles not the crap brewed under supervision which means Moss Side Manchester. Any code on the bottle that has 528 in it is the real deal and made in Holland, really nice drink compared to that weak crap made here and sold here a few years ago, also avoid it on tap crap from moss side. Big into the Czech Budvar Budweiser you can pick up from Tesco. Don't mind imported Peroni but not as good as Budvar, Morreti is better in Italy compared to Scottish made but many like it.
Loving all this information where the bottled beers are brewed.
What about the likes of Kroninebourg 1664, Becks and Tiger?
Any idea where they are all brewed?
invisiblelayer

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 pm
invisiblelayer wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Stella is dreadful and made in Wales. Heineken is superb if you get the import bottles not the crap brewed under supervision which means Moss Side Manchester. Any code on the bottle that has 528 in it is the real deal and made in Holland, really nice drink compared to that weak crap made here and sold here a few years ago, also avoid it on tap crap from moss side. Big into the Czech Budvar Budweiser you can pick up from Tesco. Don't mind imported Peroni but not as good as Budvar, Morreti is better in Italy compared to Scottish made but many like it.
Loving all this information where the bottled beers are brewed.
What about the likes of Kroninebourg 1664, Becks and Tiger?
Any idea where they are all brewed?
1664 is made over here mate, think it's Northampton and glucose syrup an ingredient now like Fosters and I'm certain it never used to be. Not sure about the others. I know Tesco sell the imported San Miguel in small cans if you like that, everywhere else sells UK brewed. I was always put off Heineken but it's not a bad drink, they sell the big 660ml bottles in Asda 4 for £6 but recently on a delivery they sent them and was brewed in the UK, gave them away and picked up bottles from Aldi and B&M which were imports. Bad thing about Heineken and Peroni is the green bottles, that means anything left on the shelves will skunk pretty badly if left in any light. Even leaving them in the fridge the light will make them skunk quick, always buy in boxes when available and chill on the day my rule of thumb. In Tesco they sell real Budweiser, shows the Yankee stuff up to the imposter that is is, mass marketed crap. No idea what deals are on now but they had it on cans over Xmas, 2 pack of 6x 330ml cans for £9. They have it in bigger bottles also https://youtu.be/yuJTh8It2Fc
invisiblelayer

Staropramen is quite a popular Czech drink....only plenty of people have missed it's brewed in Burton now. Good old Bass made in Leeds if you buy bottles or cans now. Still cask from Burton in around the better Staffs/Derby's pubs.
invisiblelayer

Actually Fosters and 1664 brewed in the Heineken Moss Side factory it seems. Think the Tiger is the same place they make Morreti in Scotland.
beermonsterman

Go on invisible your the real beermonster I think dude good work I've copied and pasted that info into my notes so I can find the import more easier 😉
Derek27

Drinking time!!! :D :D :D :lol:
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:13 pm
Drinking time!!! :D :D :D :lol:
Yeah, beer, boxing time!
beermonsterman

Get in Oscar Valdez wins :mrgreen:
beermonsterman

I'm still pissed as a rat love boxing though
invisiblelayer

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:53 pm
Go on invisible your the real beermonster I think dude good work I've copied and pasted that info into my notes so I can find the import more easier 😉
Few more extra notes, green bottle tops not silver, branding that says on the label pure malt not premium quality. Popped in my local Aldi on Friday morning sadly at the moment all UK made bottles. Didn't check the b&m store next to it, maybe with Brexit they might not import so much, no idea. The little stubbie cans ins Asda 330ml are imports still. Not worth the hassle with these games as a different product to professionals :lol: ... just buy some Budvar bottles ppfrom Tesco, 3 for a fiver, no quibble :D
beermonsterman

Great stuff

Return to “Chill Out Area”