The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:51 pm

flipping hell! I wouldn't pay €200 to be an exhibit. :lol:

Yeah I never understood it myself! I suppose if you're the type of person who can spend a grand on a night out without batting an eyelid that's one thing but it still wouldn't be for me.
Especially when it's only £50 odd in the privacy of your own home. :D
When I was seeing a 50 year old woman, she wanted me to bring her small gifts each time.

So I would bring her things like a bottle of prosecco (£6), a bottle of pink wkd (£1), chocolate (£1.50) and a fake Louis Vuitton purse (£16). I got her a valentines card that said "wife" on it because it was the cheapest one in Tesco.

So in reality I was getting value compared to paying market value directly for the oldest trade in the world, even at Blackpool rates.
Derek27

flipping hell, Tina Turner was once a young woman!! :shock:
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:04 pm

I've been to dozens from Newcastle to Newquay when I was younger
only ever been to a couple, Tenerife & Bournemouth, the one in Tenerife had a girl working in there that just lived up the road from us 🙄
greenmark

Am I missing something?
Two seemingly unrelated guys in Morrison's with a trolley each full of beer cases.
And I mean full size trolleys.
Nothing else just FULL of beer.
Is this Masters prep? Baffling.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:25 pm
Am I missing something?
Two seemingly unrelated guys in Morrison's with a trolley each full of beer cases.
Was there a special offer on? I used to go nuts when beer was dropped a few quid a pack.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:43 pm
greenmark wrote:
Am I missing something?
Was there a special offer on? I used to go nuts when beer was dropped a few quid a pack.
Both guys were buying cases of carling but I'm not aware of any offers.

Maybe its like sunflower oil. Made in Ukraine and has vanished off the shelves as the view is the autumn harvest won't happen for obvious reasons.
I assumed Carling was made in Warrington or somewhere similar.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:17 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:43 pm
greenmark wrote:
Am I missing something?
Both guys were buying cases of carling but I'm not aware of any offers.

Maybe its like sunflower oil. Made in Ukraine and has vanished off the shelves as the view is the autumn harvest won't happen for obvious reasons.
I assumed Carling was made in Warrington or somewhere similar.
Tomorrow's Daily Star front-page story, people are panic buying a flavour of Walkers Crisps before they change the recipe! I'm a crisp lover myself but I doubt I'd notice a slight change in the recipe.

Perhaps Carling is thinking of putting alcohol in their beer so those two guys are buying as much as they can of it for their kids. :)
Derek27

Chancellor's wife has decided to pay UK tax. Big mistake - it now makes her look guilty when she was never required to pay. I wonder if it will, or if there will be calls to have it backdated. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:26 pm
Chancellor's wife has decided to pay UK tax. Big mistake - it now makes her look guilty when she was never required to pay. I wonder if it will, or if there will be calls to have it backdated. :D
Not a good look is it?
"Damn, you got me. Ok I'll pay what I should have in the first place".
Hell, it's like oligarchy wandering the world to find cosy financial arrangements. Who'd have thought this could happen in the UK :shock: .
Derek27

I can't post this on the rant thread as seasoned traders should never rant about losses ( ;) ), but I had pretty dismal luck with my automation tonight. Two bets on separate under 1.5 markets in Brazil and Argentina, leagues not renowned for scoring goals. A goal in each match within the next two minutes and redded up for a loss. :lol:
Derek27

I love the idea of doing something that is potentially a crime, and then asking the police to consider whether or not it was a crime. :)
Derek27

Are you being serious? That looks like a man. :lol:
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I've just been ambushed by another pack of beer. :D
Derek27

The US is offering a reward of up to $5,000,000 for the financial disruption of the KTCO or the arrest of its leaders.

I know where they live, but what exactly does "up to" mean? $5?
Derek27

A few hours ago I was doing the washing up in my open kitchen and dropped a cup on the worktop, breaking the handle. I picked up two pieces, realised it doesn't amount to the full handle but couldn't find any other piece, binned the cup, finished the washing up and forgot all about it.

Hours later I find the remaining piece of the cup handle on my TV stand, about 12 feet away from where I dropped it!

Return to “Chill Out Area”