The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:07 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:00 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:54 pm

They deserve credit for keeping the price so low for so long. A bag of crisps is heading towards £1.
Does a McDonalds cheesburger in England look anything like the picture on the menu or is it like here in Ireland where its just a burger, slice of cheese a drop of tomato sauce in the middle and if you're lucky half a slice of gherkin?!
That's what it looks like in the pictures that I see. I can't even remember if you get a slice of gerkin.

Back in the day, I used to pop in after work. I'd order a Big Mac, quarter pounder, cheeseburger and large fries. What a flipping pig! :lol:
Don't worry, chief! When I was sporty my fave was to grab a burger, chicken burger and 2 regular fries on the way home after footy or squash.
If i did that now I'd be appearing in a TV doc about obesity in no time.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
viney wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:03 pm

I think the last time I had a McDonald's cheeseburger was when I got a free one with any meal as a student.
They deserve credit for keeping the price so low for so long. A bag of crisps is heading towards £1.
Does a McDonalds cheesburger in England look anything like the picture on the menu or is it like here in Ireland where its just a burger, slice of cheese a drop of tomato sauce in the middle and if you're lucky half a slice of gherkin?!
Here's your answer. They probably put the ketchup on one side and squeezed it for the photo. Don't forget, you get chopped onions as well :)

20220730_160756[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:10 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Here's your answer. They probably put the ketchup on one side and squeezed it for the photo. Don't forget, you get chopped onions as well :)

20220730_160756[1].jpg
Thats decent compared to the last one I bought here.

You're spoiled Dex! :D
Derek27

I miss the old Paul Hogan Foster adverts. It's (barely) raining for the first time in two months. I look out the window and see people dashing out of their front door and legging it to the car, fearing a few raindrops landing on their heads. :roll:

Edit: And a few seconds after I submitted that post, the flipping cat comes back with her paws as high as they can get on the French doors begging to be let in, as though the world's about to end. :lol:
Derek27

I wouldn't like to be out now, it's flipping pissing down. :lol:
Derek27

I've just seen an advert for an erasable pen. Many of us on here are old enough to remember those "ink" rubbers that worked by destroying the underlying foundations of the ink so the ink had nothing to stand on. The only snag was that you were left with a hole in the paper and couldn't write another word over it. :lol:

40 odd years on, they may finally have the technology to erase an ink mark on paper. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:02 pm
I've just seen an advert for an erasable pen. Many of us on here are old enough to remember those "ink" rubbers that worked by destroying the underlying foundations of the ink so the ink had nothing to stand on. The only snag was that you were left with a hole in the paper and couldn't write another word over it. :lol:

40 odd years on, they may finally have the technology to erase an ink mark on paper. :D
Just when it's almost irrelevent, given the digital age of communication. Although there are arcane practices out there that require written documents, so who knows? My financial adviser can't go paperless, because regulation doesn't allow them to
Derek27

This site is useless! Since when have 13-18-year-olds graduated from Uni? It's probably written by the police officer who investigated partygate. :lol:

Jessica Elgot appears to fall in the age group of 25-30 years old.

The actual date of birth of Jessica is not disclosed. Similarly, there were not any past birthday posts regarding her. We made a rough estimation of her age by analyzing her graduating year, which was in 2009.

Jessica Elgot has not revealed anything about her boyfriend or her married life yet.

By looking at her pictures, we can assume that she may have a boyfriend, but she has not confirmed it officially.
greenmark

Watchng Porridge to work through my latest bout of insomnia.
a) It was made in the mid 70's - 40 plus years ago. It struck me that if you go back 40 years from there, you're in the 30's. How we take our current technology for granted.
b) I've only just realised the joke of Godber's full name. Leonard Arthur Godber.
c) Still an apex comedy.
Derek27

How ironic, getting your home flooded in the middle of a drought!
Derek27

flipping hell! A hedgehog can travel as much as 12 miles in a night!! :shock:
Derek27

How time flies when you're having fun, or pissed, or having fun while you're pissed, or think you're having fun because you're pissed. :)

I put about 20 songs on my play queue and in what felt like 15 minutes, it got to the end. :lol:
Derek27

Don't cook a meal just before you intend to go to bed. You end up shoving it down your gob instead of enjoying it. Maybe that's why people take so long to eat their burgers at McDonald's. Not only are they enjoying it but they've got nothing else to do for the next two hours.
eatyourgreens

I am not sure that the words "burgers", "McDonalds", and "enjoying", are allowed to be used in two adjacent sentences.
greenmark

eatyourgreens wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:13 pm
I am not sure that the words "burgers", "McDonalds", and "enjoying", are allowed to be used in two adjacent sentences.
You may say that. But I have a fetish for the odd Big Mac or chicken burger.
The only decisions are taste and environmental. Tastewise I like 'em, not up to the standard of a (long lost) Wendyburger or a proper US diner (albiet in London), but I can't replicate the unctuousness of the burger or the delicacy of the fries. And believe me I've tried.
Environmentally I'm tryng to move away from ruminant meat, but it ain't easy. I flipping like beef and lamb and haven't found a decent substitute. I don't know how to make pork mince as tasty as beef and roast lamb is unique. But if anyone has ideas for beef/lamb alternatives, I'm all ears. :-)

Return to “Chill Out Area”