The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:08 pm
Cheers CS, yet another version of the video. :D
YW. This time no pesky age restrictions to content with.

CS
Derek27

Day off trading today. Make the most of the weather. :D :D
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:22 pm
I was just noting down the dates this morning of what's coming up in the coming weeks on top of the regular day to day stuff;

Euro 2020 11th June - 11th July
Royal Ascot 15th June - 19th June
Wimbledon 28th June - 11th July

If you like to watch them
Olympics 23rd July - 8th Aug
Tour de France 26th June - 18th July

No idea where I'm even going to find the time to squeeze an episode of Dallas in each day between the weekend and mid July :roll:
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I was just noting down the dates this morning of what's coming up in the coming weeks on top of the regular day to day stuff;

No idea where I'm even going to find the time to squeeze an episode of Dallas in each day between the weekend and mid July :roll:
Jury service for me next month, but other than that I'll miss anything to spend an afternoon indulging with beer and sunshine. It's amazing how you lose all sense of time and start relying on the sun to tell you what time it is. :)
darchas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Jury service for me next month, but other than that I'll miss anything to spend an afternoon indulging with beer and sunshine. It's amazing how you lose all sense of time and start relying on the sun to tell you what time it is. :)
Are you looking forward to the Jury service? I've always wanted to do it but not been called up yet!
Derek27

darchas wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:58 pm
Are you looking forward to the Jury service? I've always wanted to do it but not been called up yet!
When I first got the summoning my immediate thought was that Bet Angel would need to purchase a new stack of servers to cater for the rant thread. :lol:

I had a rant about it here, but after a couple of days, I thought it might do me a bit of good getting out and meeting people. It's hopefully a once in a lifetime experience and might prepare me for court if I ever find myself in the dock for historical crimes that I committed when I was a teenager. ;)

You're allowed to take your laptop in so I can get some coding and other work done while I'm waiting to be selected, but there's strictly no trading allowed in court. ;)

As a matter of interest, why do you want to do it? I would let you take my place if it was transferable.
Last edited by Derek27 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darchas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:17 pm
darchas wrote:
When I first got the summoning my immediate thought was that Bet Angel would need to purchase a new stack of servers to cater for the rant thread. :lol:

I had a rant about it here, but after a couple of days, I thought it might do me a bit of good getting out and meeting people. It's hopefully a once in a lifetime experience and might prepare me for court if I ever find myself in the dock for historical crimes that I committed when I was a teenager. ;)

As a matter of interest, why do you want to do it? I would let you take my place if it was transferable.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've always thought it would be quite interesting - having said that my father in law did it a few years back and spent over a week not even getting picked for a case, which doesn't sound fun. Although he did get a couple of cases in the end that were pretty interesting.
Derek27

darchas wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Derek27 wrote:
darchas wrote:

I've always thought it would be quite interesting - having said that my father in law did it a few years back and spent over a week not even getting picked for a case, which doesn't sound fun. Although he did get a couple of cases in the end that were pretty interesting.
My brother's also been summoned the same month as I have. Quite a coincidence, but I guess there must be a backlog of cases due to covid so your chances of being selected might be slightly improved.

I think the selection process is entirely random, so it's possible to spend two weeks sitting in the waiting room without ever getting selected to sit on a case, whilst someone else could have 2 or 3 cases. I won't be trading from the waiting room but I'll have plenty of other work prepared so it's not a total loss. But be careful what you wish for. After you've been selected to sit on a jury, the judge may advise you that the trial is expected to last 6 months. This is the usual reaction.

https://youtu.be/_Q_xpos5-XY?t=17
darchas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:47 pm
darchas wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Derek27 wrote:

My brother's also been summoned the same month as I have. Quite a coincidence, but I guess there must be a backlog of cases due to covid so your chances of being selected might be slightly improved.

I think the selection process is entirely random, so it's possible to spend two weeks sitting in the waiting room without ever getting selected to sit on a case, whilst someone else could have 2 or 3 cases. I won't be trading from the waiting room but I'll have plenty of other work prepared so it's not a total loss. But be careful what you wish for. After you've been selected to sit on a jury, the judge may advise you that the trial is expected to last 6 months. This is the usual reaction.

https://youtu.be/_Q_xpos5-XY?t=17
:D

Yeh that's true, I hadn't even realised that you might not get picked for the fortnight until my father in law did it. Good that you've got some work prepared. Hope it goes well!!
Realrocknrolla

Wow… just realised ive sank a crate of stubbies. The tv is going in the garden tomorrow.

🍺🍺🍺
Derek27

Tomorrow's the last chance to enjoy hot and sunny weather. Then it's back to the typical British summer. :(
Derek27

Heard a commotion outside and popped out to see if my cat was involved. Saw a neighbour with a high-tech camera outside his front door and asked him what he's doing. He said he's a storm chaser, there's a storm 25 miles away and he's trying to capture it. I asked him a burning question, why some of his security cameras are pointing at odd places, like the sky. They're not security cameras but storm/lightning capturing cameras.

After chatting for a while he invited me into his place. He's got a setup that any trader would die for; massive 10 processor desktop, 15 screens, it was like being at MET office headquarters, all for chasing storms, and he does it as a hobby!!!
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:30 am
Heard a commotion outside and popped out to see if my cat was involved. Saw a neighbour with a high-tech camera outside his front door and asked him what he's doing. He said he's a storm chaser, there's a storm 25 miles away and he's trying to capture it. I asked him a burning question, why some of his security cameras are pointing at odd places, like the sky. They're not security cameras but storm/lightning capturing cameras.

After chatting for a while he invited me into his place. He's got a setup that any trader would die for; massive 10 processor desktop, 15 screens, it was like being at MET office headquarters, all for chasing storms, and he does it as a hobby!!!
sounds like an unwordly experience for you :). that said, something tells me he may need *company* as a result of his obsession - lol
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:14 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:30 am

sounds like an unwordly experience for you :). that said, something tells me he may need *company* as a result of his obsession - lol
He said his girlfriend left him for someone else a while ago. I had to refrain from saying, I'm not surprised. :lol: He's planning a storm-chasing trip to the US next year. :roll:
Derek27

I've reached the year 1973 in my time machine and saw the video of the first record I ever bought, Garry Glitter's I Love You Love Me Love. It's quite ironic that it was introduced by Jimmy Savile. :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”