The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

A new fitness test for fishermen limits them to a BMI of 35. A Norfolk fisherman who's been doing the job for over 20 years needs to lose 5 stone to continue fishing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it doesn't give Betfair ideas about whose accounts to close next. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:06 pm
A new fitness test for fishermen limits them to a BMI of 35. A Norfolk fisherman who's been doing the job for over 20 years needs to lose 5 stone to continue fishing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job it doesn't apply to MP's eh? Parliament would be more than decimated.
beermonsterman

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:11 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:06 pm

Good job it doesn't apply to MP's eh? Parliament would be more than decimated.
Truck drivers would be a thing of the past if they did BMI tests on them.
Derek27

Overweight fishermen are safe as long as they stay in the centre of the boat. Or better still, just keep their lunch in the centre. :lol:
Derek27

While cheese is generally considered a comfort food, it is actually one of the worst foods to eat before bed.

Strong or aged cheese, as well as preserved meats such as bacon, ham and pepperoni, contains naturally high levels of the amino acid, tyramine, which make us feel alert. Tyramine causes the adrenal gland to release the ‘fight or flight’ hormone, which increases alertness for a number of hours.

It's a bit of a bummer when you fancy a bit of cheese, but never mind. Breakfast is in half an hour if you subtract sleep time. :D
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:10 pm
Overweight fishermen are safe as long as they stay in the centre of the boat. Or better still, just keep their lunch in the centre. :lol:
I think Philomena Cunk and her BBC show could be right up your alley ;)

If you're unsure you can go to YT and type in "Philomena King Arthur"
Derek27

Man found guilty of deliberately wasting five eggs. He deserves a year for each egg!
Michael5482

What a fantastic day of sport today, world championship snooker, PL teams fighting to avoid relegation and for the title and the greatest horse race in the world so few drinks today, sit back and enjoy the lot.
Kai

Apparently there is a woman in my region that trades football. I have emailed her a marriage proposal.
Derek27

I was beginning to wonder if there was a poltergeist in my PC with bizarre numbers appearing in my history list when I realised I was using the same history list as a servant running in the background. :)
Derek27

I had a really nice meal at a small bohemian Southern Indian restaurant, but the highlight for me was the unisex toilet. Two hand-washing sinks but just one cubical, no urinals obviously.

It felt quite surreal coming out of a toilet cubical and finding a nice-looking blonde bird waiting to enter. I would have had my dick hanging out if I knew she was there. And how impressed was she, entering the cubical and seeing I put the toilet seat down for the next person? :lol:
Derek27

This is the bench I'd love to set fire to. :D

coronation-chair-2012-new-tracery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:36 am

Could not disagree with you more. Why destroy a historical artifact? Are you IS in disguise?
That chair represents the destruction of the feudal system and it's presence fortifies our democratic monarchical culture.
Cromwell sidelined the monarchy but it's still relevent. The alternative? Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Trump!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Could not disagree with you more. Why destroy a historical artifact? Are you IS in disguise?
That chair represents the destruction of the feudal system and it's presence fortifies our democratic monarchical culture.
Cromwell sidelined the monarchy but it's still relevent. The alternative? Bush Sr, Bush Jr, Trump!
You're taking things too seriously again greenmark, I was talking metaphorically.

If Britain had a dimwit of Trump's calibre he would be welcome to run for presidency. He just wouldn't get elected.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:38 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:24 pm
Derek27 wrote:

You're taking things too seriously again greenmark, I was talking metaphorically.

If Britain had a dimwit of Trump's calibre he would be welcome to run for presidency. He just wouldn't get elected.
OK. Sorry. Beer garden. Therefore latitude is required. Have a beer and packet of cheese and onion on me. (Are there other pub snacks I've been missing out on?)

Return to “Chill Out Area”