Duke of Edinburgh Passed Away

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Realrocknrolla

Prince Phillip did 22,000 approx. public engagements.

That’s the equivalent of one a day, 7 days a week, for 60 years. Nothing but respect for the old boy!

May he RIP.
Archangel

Racist man who spent most of his life living off welfare dies
to75ne

A new forum low, slagging the recently deceased.
Crazyskier

Archangel wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:43 am
That's all you have to say about this great man? Made up, meaningless, name-calling really says more about you than HRH The Prince Phillip. Shameful.

CS
Realrocknrolla

Archangel wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:43 am
The people of Vanuatu disagree with you here! ;)
Trader Pat

Christ this thread has taken a nose dive overnight!

I wouldn't have expected such a level of vitriol on any thread on this forum but especially not this one, but some things aren't surprising anymore.
Euler

Time to park the thread and get back to trading I think.
Dallas

It's been quite shocking to read through some of these posts on here,

This is after all a trading forum primarily for traders to chat and help each other out in a friendly way and to offer real advice and thoughts to each other to try and steer those new to the exchange and trading away from the countless pitfalls and scammers out there, and in what for most doing this can be a lonely path to pursue.

Like many others on here I've got to be good friends with other users over the years and even had the pleasure of staying with some and been given tours of the local areas etc.

Obviously not every topic can and should be related to trading and sports so its nice to engage with people on other topics and subjects but as the forum has continued to grow year on year a side effect of that appears to be that recent months (as many others have noticed) is topic after topic has quickly turned very toxic.
The very last thing we want for this forum is to become like other social media outlets where it just becomes somewhere for the loudest and most extreme to dominate - especially when its on subjects not even related to the main purpose the forum was set up for.

I think everyone including myself is in agreement over freedom of speech and expression but that can be done while still showing respect to opposing views and if not as above there is plenty of social media outlets you could join that would be more subtitle than a trading forum

It would be a shame after all these years and the 100s of thousands of contributions from so many traders of all levels of experience if we had to start looking at the way it was moderated or change anything that helped it grow to the community it has become (ignoring the toxic topics of late).
Trader Pat

The nastiness would probably just move to another thread, that seems to be the pattern lately.

We could start a thread called "Bunny rabbits, candy floss and rainbows" and it would probably turn toxic at some point.
Euler

Doesn't it seem that way overall in all forms of media?

It seems real debate, discussion and information has been thrown out the window in favour of 'Isn' t this shocking'
Trader Pat

Absolutely, that's why a lot of people don't even bother watching the news anymore.
jamesg46

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 am
I hope your mental health is OK Jamesg46. You've been posting some pretty nasty stuff.
I'm good thank you! Nastiness or the level of comes down to personal perception. Personally I see my comment as honest, not nasty... my perception of nasty is someone who has a desire to wipe out portions of the population, others choose to honour a person like that... whatever, each to their own. Thank God he didn't just direct his wishes at any one group of people.

Putting forward the question of someone's mental health can be perceived as nasty or an attempt to bully someone into submission. Posing the question is just a little more subtle than actually saying what you're thinking.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that my opinion isn't welcome, wanted or popular so I'll leave you all to honour the guy in peace... well tbh, the thread turned upside down before I got involved. I mean it went from RIP to patriotism to racism pretty quickly but whatever, I'll leave you guys to it.
LeTiss

Oh ffs

Please Peter and Dallas.......just lock this bloody thread

I'm not on this forum to listen to vile stuff like this

Return to “Chill Out Area”