WHAT A F____ING IDIOT

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Euler

rik wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:00 pm
Need an administrator to change a username right?
We need to mod at the backend..... oh Matron
alexmr2

After I graduated I applied to lots of jobs with an email I had made which was a combination of my name and my university name.

I didn't realise till 2 or 3 years later that the letters "twat" were together, and if someone hadn't heard of the name of my university there was every chance that they could have read it wrong
ANGELS15

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:58 am
I'm not seeing the controversy... maybe I'm the stupid one! :)
+1! :?
Kai

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:49 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:58 am
I'm not seeing the controversy... maybe I'm the stupid one! :)
+1! :?
Had me stumped as well.

When OP said it's an anti-LGBT slur I can only assume he is referring to Grindr, the biggest LGBTQ+ social network and dating app.

But as far as I know nothing slurry about the word itself, grinding sex aka outercourse (dry humping) or grinding when dancing is something people are familiar with, but the term is mostly used when working hard at something. Worried over nothing I think :)
Crazyskier

Dr Ginhog wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:54 am
I HAVE TO BE THE BLINDEST DEAFEST & SLOWIST F___CKING IDIOT OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just realised after about thirty years of using my username that it could cause
offense. !!!!!!When I concocted it 30 flipping YEARS AGO my only thought was groundhog day and that I was doing the same thing every day ... grindhog????
I am certain now that many people here and elsewhere were trying to point it out but I could not see the link. I actually made a tenous link about it about 20 years ago but said naw thats not a word widely used.I did not know it is now part of modern culture as a slur. Dont get me wrong Im no chubby Brown but I have not led a sheltered life and have a very wicked sense of humour.
My mother did warn me I would go BLIND and she was right! This is ironic as I am perhaps the greatest critic of Donald J Trump of all time because of his racism and his disdain for the LGBT community. I have sent countless emails to CNN encouraging them to do more to stop him.
People who slur the LGBT community are usually religious fundamentalists types. Dont have a religious cell in my body.
To all I may have caused any offense I am truly sorry and thanks to those who
tried to tell me .Im having the username changed immediately. I was considering
SUPPORT LGBT but will probably opt for something less controversial. Let there be no doubt I support the LGBT community.
I love a good BLT; preferably with mayo.

As for militant minorities trying to demand they are respected when actually they are attempting to break up the nuclear family... well you can keep them!

CS
jimibt

Euler wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:29 pm
rik wrote:
ages ago, i had wanted to change my username to DaftPunt, to go with the avatar etc, but couldn't find a way. seems no reason to do so now, but shortly after i registered, i regretted not using that name.. lol
darchas

alexmr2 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:44 pm
After I graduated I applied to lots of jobs with an email I had made which was a combination of my name and my university name.

I didn't realise till 2 or 3 years later that the letters "twat" were together, and if someone hadn't heard of the name of my university there was every chance that they could have read it wrong
:lol:

That reminds me of the hashtag that they used for Susan Boyles first album launch...

#susanalbumparty

:o :shock: :lol: :lol:
jamesg46

darchas wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:14 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 4:44 pm

That reminds me of the hashtag that they used for Susan Boyles first album launch...

#susanalbumparty

:o :shock: :lol: :lol:
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:29 pm
rik wrote:
Dick.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chill Out Area”