RIP Charlie Watts

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
sniffer66

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:12 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:04 pm
Does helping Bonnie Langford navigate her way out of Hampton Court maze count ?
Well I'm impressed, even if nobody else is ;)
:D :D
firlandsfarm

gazuty wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:29 pm
Which begs the next question - did he reveal banksys identity?
Didn't ask! :D Just didn't cross my mind. I like the way he thinks of art and it's better he/she remains a mystery. The 'shredding' picture was brilliant, if I was Banksy I would have PMSL from the first thought to do it all the way through to the buyer's face when it shredded. :lol:
Euler wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:30 pm
Oh, a fame game.

I once sat with Brian May and Anita Dobson on a flight back from Spain. That was fun and Brian was one of the nicest blokes I've ever met.
I'm not into 'celebrity' very much so a poor fame gamer.

I don't recognise many of the names of celebrity questions and programmes on quiz shows. As a Queen fan the only one I didn't have to Google was Brian May and even then I would recognise his hair more than 'him'. I confused Bonnie Langford with Bonnie Tyler, I recognised Martine McCutcheon from Love Actually but the name meant nothing and Anita Dobson is a name I have heard but again no idea who she is or what she did!
jimibt

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:07 pm
I don't recognise many of the names of celebrity questions and programmes on quiz shows. As a Queen fan the only one I didn't have to Google was Brian May and even then I would recognise his hair more than 'him'. I confused Bonnie Langford with Bonnie Tyler, I recognised Martine McCutcheon from Love Actually but the name meant nothing and Anita Dobson is a name I have heard but again no idea who she is or what she did!
note to *self* - don't invite on pub quiz!! :D
firlandsfarm

jimibt wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:09 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Good advice :lol: I would be like that recent guy on 'Millionaire' who used 2 lifelines to get to £300! :lol:
jimibt

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:31 pm
jimibt wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:
Good advice :lol: I would be like that recent guy on 'Millionaire' who used 2 lifelines to get to £300! :lol:
oh that would be some shame to have to endure... supermarket outings would certainly never be dull... *aisle get me coat* :D
firlandsfarm

jimibt wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:27 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
jimibt wrote:

oh that would be some shame to have to endure... supermarket outings would certainly never be dull... *aisle get me coat* :D
But he did go on to win a good number of thousands (64 I think)! He just didn't know the answer to such intellectual questions as who runs the Rover's Return?
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:57 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:27 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:

But he did go on to win a good number of thousands (64 I think)! He just didn't know the answer to such intellectual questions as who runs the Rover's Return?
I can't remember the question but I once got a £250K question right but would never have made it to £1000 on that episode, I think it was 2 or 3 of the first 5 I didn't know.
Derek27

I guess most of you would have already heard the story but I heard last night when Mick Jagger referred to Charlie Watts as his drummer, Charlie gave him a smack and said, you're my singer. :lol:
gazuty

Brush with fame - was lucky enough to meet and have lunch with an Olympic cycling gold medalist a few years ago.

IMG_1627 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I was once queuing up at a checkout behind Mike Walker, shortly after he was sacked as Norwich City manager. He was unemployed but still wearing his usual suit and tie as though he was ready for an after match interview!

I also used to drink at the pub where Steve Wright (the Ipswich killer, not the Radio One DJ) was landlord, but unfortunately, he wasn't landlord at the time so I can't brag about meeting him or being mates. :twisted:

Return to “Chill Out Area”