Psychoff

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
MemphisFlash

just watched the best Cann Berry video ever and had to post my response.
had to laugh when he was commenting on his course and almost called Caan 's book Cheap, lol.

Psyhcoff comes across as a really nice bloke,
love the yellow and red card sticky notes at the end.
Capture.JPG

wonder how long before he deletes it, :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MemphisFlash on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ODPaul82

Think it's gone already :lol:
MemphisFlash

he thinks i'm a vendor, he really is up his own arse.

Capture.JPG
as del boy would say
What-a-plonker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:17 pm
He accused me of something similiar on Twitter once, if you say anything positive about Bet Angel he seems to take personal offence.

Not really a surprise I suppose as he's the face of a clearly inferior product. He seems to be getting more defensive and obviously paranoid as time goes by though.
jamesg46

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:17 pm

Capture.JPG

as del boy would say

What-a-plonker.jpg
I dont think he does think you're a vendor... I think he's implying something very sinister!
Naffman

That last line from CB is a pretty serious accusation towards BA, I too see he's been winding the FI lot up again too, he really does have a chip on his shoulder which is surprising considering he's one of the few that should count themselves lucky having managed to make a mint out of selling worthless advice.
Euler

It's a real shame to see Caan sink ever lower. When he came to see me at the start of his career he seemed a really nice, honest, chap.

It just goes to show you how choosing the wrong people can lead you down the wrong path. I've deliberately stayed out and not inflamed things, but Caan has this distorted perception now that anybody that can see through him is somehow somebody else's fault, not his own. It's time to wake up to reality.
ljs

Naffman wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:36 pm
That last line from CB is a pretty serious accusation towards BA, I too see he's been winding the FI lot up again too, he really does have a chip on his shoulder which is surprising considering he's one of the few that should count themselves lucky having managed to make a mint out of selling worthless advice.
To be fair you went to his video, trolled to get a reaction, made all these snide comments over here and then are surprised when you get a negative reaction. All a bit holier than thou and unnecessary drama, have you tried engaging in a polite and reasonable way? Also the FI comment is very silly, Caan went to great lengths to call it out BEFORE the collapse putting himself at risk. Criticising aspects of the FI community who perpetually abused, doxxed and attacked him and anybody else who called out the issues and their influence on affordability seems perfectly reasonable.

It's a pity that silly drama like this arises, I can't comment on the accusations flying around but you didn't exactly kick this off civilly so I am not sure what you are complaining about.
paspuggie48

My very first presentation in front of an audience was when I was 21 and it was about 'Resistance To Persistence'. I well-meant, enthusiastic and building positive attitudes to get the team members to keep on trying, even when times get bad.

All went to plan and it was well received by the attendees, to say it I'd never done this in front of a crowd of people before.

However, after I finished my boss pulled me over and congratulated me BUT then said "everything was great, except for the part where you were negative towards our competitors, never ever diss them or say bad things about them".

So not inflating the issue Peter is admirable, it's just a shame it's not reciprocated.
Naffman

ljs wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:52 pm
Naffman wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:36 pm
To be fair you went to his video, trolled to get a reaction, made all these snide comments over here and then are surprised when you get a negative reaction. All a bit holier than thou and unnecessary drama, have you tried engaging in a polite and reasonable way? Also the FI comment is very silly, Caan went to great lengths to call it out BEFORE the collapse putting himself at risk. Criticising aspects of the FI community who perpetually abused, doxxed and attacked him and anybody else who called out the issues and their influence on affordability seems perfectly reasonable.

It's a pity that silly drama like this arises, I can't comment on the accusations flying around but you didn't exactly kick this off civilly so I am not sure what you are complaining about.
I haven't made a comment on any of his videos and have totally given up on watching them after his lame questioning of that BF paper pusher.
Euler

paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:15 am
So not inflating the issue Peter is admirable, it's just a shame it's not reciprocated.
Thank you, I try hard to ignore abuse.

If you are in the public eye then you are there to get shot at, so I came to terms with that a long time ago. It's more likely in an industry such as this, that has a tarnished reputation.

I know some people find that really hard to come to terms with and get a bit paranoid, but this is social media we are talking about! Get to grips with the fact that people are going to have a pop.

What was harder for me to adjust to was the amount of abuse, where if often came from the ferocity of it. If you think some of the pubic abuse I have got is bad, you should see some of the really bad stuff. Some people have pursued me with a false narrative for over a decade and worked hard to influence others to adopt the same stance. It's not nice or ethical.

All I ever did was quit my job to do this for a living full time and try and encourage others to see the opportunity.
Thebest147

I going to play devils advocate here,

I actually enjoy canns videos, I do think Geeks Toy is better for in running a lot smoother

I have actually came away from BA, as it is good for automated stuff but the interface is pretty much the same for God's knows how long,

Yes auto is good and signals and servants and all other stuff but for manual in play racing it is average at best,

And finally I have been asking certain people in here if they had time could they look at my strategy and maybe set up a bot, they will by all means when it won't work,but when it will work they take my idea and Keep it for themselves and don't reply in any messages, yes Dallas
ljs

Naffman wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:59 am
I haven't made a comment on any of his videos and have totally given up on watching them after his lame questioning of that BF paper pusher.
Sorry that was directed at MemphisFlash, I quoted you only to respond to the FI aspect. Collateral damage :D
paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:15 am
Not sure Peter saying Caan is 'sinking even lower' + 'choosing the wrong people can lead you down the wrong path' and 'distorted perceptions' is staying out of it, seems like a snipe back and forth. But at the same time, everybody seems ok with with Memphis going over there and having a dig as he seems to on many videos, where is the criticism of that? You can't expect people to react well to that, but in this thread nobody seems to think there's any issue there? I'd be a little cautious about taking the moral high ground if you're going around trolling people then occasionally getting something back?

If somebody posted something directed at me saying about me talking my 'usual rubbish' and intentionally trying to rib because I've been linked to other software I'd probably not respond "oh thanks for your kind enquiry! Yes indeed I didn't speak my usual rubbish and I used the superior software you mentioned" :D civility is a 2-way street, not sure there is a huge amount of it on this thread, honestly.
Kai

ljs wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:51 pm
civility is a 2-way street, not sure there is a huge amount of it on this thread, honestly.
To be fair, there is another simultaneous thread about it for some reason : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24382

Was going to suggest right away to have the threads merged, but had to quickly pop out to get more popcorn before it escalated into fisticuffs ;)
LeTiss

This mud slinging is energy sapping.

I'm an old bastard, I've been around the trading game FT for 13 years now.

It's not an exaggeration to say that the early days were more fun and civil. The trading community was a vibrant one, with some great characters. There was a lot of humour around and there was a great deal of goodwill and genuine help available, if you needed it.

That seems to have gone. There's more anger and bitterness around now. There are too many claiming they are experts, but are not at all.

Not sure where it turned to shit, but I suggest PC has had a dramatic effect. People find it harder to make a living now. Those who had edges before, no longer do. That makes many pissed off!
I also think many traders resent automation (I know that seems a bizarre thing to say on BA), but in the early days we were competing against other traders/punters, whereas now we're competing against bots. That creates negativity, because struggling traders think they are being conned rather than being outtraded

Return to “Chill Out Area”