Psychoff

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Euler

I hate the mudslinging, but it needs to stop all round. I've deliberately avoided it, though that's hard sometimes, but it needs to be reciprocated.

I can't control what Tom or anybody else says but if you get that sort of response it's really going to get the goat. If Tom hadn't posted here it would have just gone unnoticed I'm sure.

But I'm really tired of it all. Trading is tough enough as it is!
Euler

Kai wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:41 pm
Is it too soon for Abraham Lincoln quotes? πŸ˜‡
[/quote]

I have actually tried that!
ljs

LeTiss wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:42 pm
ljs wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:35 pm
I agree the mud slinging is just a silly waste of time. As if the internet needs more! PC wouldn't eliminate an edge though would it? Just cut profit on it, perhaps for some to the extent of making FT not worth it. Perhaps I'm being pedantic...
It can effect an edge though.

Psychology is a huge part of trading. If you're making a living from trading, but now you're struggling to make it pay due to PC, that can have a massive impact on the way you trade, especially with regards to discipline and money management
True, good point. I'm of the opinion that CB is legit and profitable he just winds you guys up so I don't think that applies in his case. I think the simpler explanation overall is that the 2 biggest social media/youtube 'stars' in the BF world are Caan + Peter and there's an 'old as history itself' rivalry going on.
ljs

Euler wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:46 pm
I hate the mudslinging, but it needs to stop all round. I've deliberately avoided it, though that's hard sometimes, but it needs to be reciprocated.

I can't control what Tom or anybody else says but if you get that sort of response it's really going to get the goat. If Tom hadn't posted here it would have just gone unnoticed I'm sure.

But I'm really tired of it all. Trading is tough enough as it is!
I can understand you being upset with the response, but have seen plenty of swipes at CB both here and in comments on his videos (rarely from you yes but still seems super common from others), I'm not really surprised that on occasion he hits back.

You guys just need to go for a drink and sort this out! Maybe some kind of a BMX race :D
MobiusGrey

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:33 pm
MobiusGrey wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:11 pm
Just want to add that I actually quite liked Geeks Toy, I don't really do any automation stuff so only need BA for dutching, for value lays I could use GT, and did for a long time. I love the interface and think it's a lot smoother than BA, and prettier too. However, I only use Betdaq, Caan not so long ago wrote this long piece on how Betdaq ban winners and aren't a proper exchange. This is completely untrue and only contributes to less liquidity on an already under performing exchange. The whole article was based on one person's account where Betdaq made a genuine mistake of banning someone who was caught up in money laundering, realised their error and resinstated said account. Yet Caan still persists with this narrative that Betdaq ban winners for click bait.

I've no time anymore for someone who lies in this industry, if he lies about that what else is he lieing about in order to get clicks?
I remember the betdaq thing, that guy (lee cal trading wasn't it?) in the end came to an agreement with betdaq and stopped talking about it :) so I wouldn't assume their explanation is the true one. Others spoke about being banned for winning there not just him. I saw them in the thread with my own eyes. So nobody's lying here.

The whole problem with the BA forums is that you guys love to hate Caan so much that you end up being a big anti-Caan echo chamber. I'm not claiming he's perfect, but he's not this lying awful devil you make him out to be!

I just don't know why baldies can't look out for each other and get along :D
Yep was LeeCal, the other people who said they were banned from winning were using the sports book not the exchange and I don't think fully understand what an exchange even is looking at their posts.

Anyway, I've no issue with Caan personally, when I was first getting started I spent hours watching his videos on YouTube, came across really well in his videos, very easy to understand and came at it from an angle that he was just like you. I'm not interested in the rest of the stuff here, that's for other people to sort out, I was just disappointed in his stance on Betdaq
ljs

MobiusGrey wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:54 pm
Anyway, I've no issue with Caan personally, when I was first getting started I spent hours watching his videos on YouTube, came across really well in his videos, very easy to understand and came at it from an angle that he was just like you. I'm not interested in the rest of the stuff here, that's for other people to sort out, I was just disappointed in his stance on Betdaq
I used betdaq only briefly (ye gods their web interface is awful) for matched betting I think it was, or maybe just to play around so I can't really comment on them as an operator, but even if CB is wrong about this it's not an intentional lie, I don't see what he'd get out of it. People imagine that he makes so much from drama on youtube but you genuinely get TINY amounts from ad revenue esp. on a verboten subject like gambling so I seriously doubt it.

I am actually equally disappointed that betdaq haven't turned out to be as good as we'd ideally like. Smarkets for certain don't allow winners (their 'pro' fee is on turnover and effectively destroys scalping and cuts profit on swing trades enough that you'd be a fool to do it there), I hear matchbook also ban winners so we're really at the point where yet again BF are the only game in town and that's not good for anyone. They can rest on their laurels and provide a totally substandard unstable product and there's no huge motivation to do better.

Let's hope things change! Though I have my doubts esp. with affordability coming in *sniffles*
Euler

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:49 pm
I can understand you being upset with the response, but have seen plenty of swipes at CB both here and in comments on his videos (rarely from you yes but still seems super common from others), I'm not really surprised that on occasion he hits back.

You guys just need to go for a drink and sort this out! Maybe some kind of a BMX race :D
I have met on several occasions and discussed it.

You can see in Caan's response to Tom he didn't address Tom directly, it was an implication on me, but it wasn't nothing to do with me. I'm sort of glad I saw it, but I'm also glad Caan saw some sense and removed it.

The problem is Caan thinks I'm behind it, when I am not. If you have a public profile you get stick. I get it all the time, I just ignore it and move on.
Euler

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:59 pm
I am actually equally disappointed that betdaq haven't turned out to be as good as we'd ideally like. Smarkets for certain don't allow winners (their 'pro' fee is on turnover and effectively destroys scalping and cuts profit on swing trades enough that you'd be a fool to do it there), I hear matchbook also ban winners so we're really at the point where yet again BF are the only game in town and that's not good for anyone. They can rest on their laurels and provide a totally substandard unstable product and there's no huge motivation to do better.
Betdaq are currently demerging from their parent so brighter times ahead.

Both Smarkets and Matchbook seed their markets, so that's a problem for anybody hoping to get a long term edge.

Betdaq is still the best way to gain traction against Betfair. I trade it regularly and have done since 2008 and don't pay any pro fees.
Kai

OK, then how about a BMX race like Caan just suggested?

Would make great Youtube content for everyone :)
ljs

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Oh dear lord you're not suggesting I'm Caan are you? I had enough of that in the past on twitter... I'm not hiding who I am https://twitter.com/LorenzoStoakes and pally with Caan (yes he follows me before you figure that out :D ) but I'm not him and have my own opinions and am also open to other people's.

So it's me, Lorenzo, suggesting the BMX race ;)
ljs

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:49 pm

I have met on several occasions and discussed it.

You can see in Caan's response to Tom he didn't address Tom directly, it was an implication on me, but it wasn't nothing to do with me. I'm sort of glad I saw it, but I'm also glad Caan saw some sense and removed it.

The problem is Caan thinks I'm behind it, when I am not. If you have a public profile you get stick. I get it all the time, I just ignore it and move on.
Yes of course he was addressing Tom there, I think the fact so many on this forum are anti-CB on a regular basis you could understand why he'd get paranoid about that. Not saying it's true or false, but you can see the logic to thinking that way!

And yes Caan toned down that what I think was really a tongue-in-cheek comment honestly.

Again I implore you guys to have a BMX race!
ljs

Betdaq are currently demerging from their parent so brighter times ahead.

Both Smarkets and Matchbook seed their markets, so that's a problem for anybody hoping to get a long term edge.

Betdaq is still the best way to gain traction against Betfair. I trade it regularly and have done since 2008 and don't pay any pro fees.
Yes the use of internally sponsored market makers is a huge issue with smarktes/matchbook, obv they don't want competition as they have a commercial arrangement with the MM firms.

Unironically great news about betdaq if it works out! I do hope so, bf BADLY need some competition. Though I feel a lot of the issue is 'network effect' i.e. getting enough people over to a platform for it to be worthwhile trading on to any great extent.
Kai

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:07 pm

Oh dear lord you're not suggesting I'm Caan are you? I had enough of that in the past on twitter... I'm not hiding who I am https://twitter.com/LorenzoStoakes and pally with Caan (yes he follows me before you figure that out :D ) but I'm not him and have my own opinions and am also open to other people's.

Just having a bit of fun Lorenzo :lol:
LeTiss

For some reason I thought ljs was a women!!

Mind you, their Twitter profile does have a lovely hairy pussy on the banner, so I might be right after all 8-)
Realrocknrolla

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:07 pm

NICE PUSSY!

Return to β€œChill Out Area”