Psychoff

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Euler

paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:15 am
So not inflating the issue Peter is admirable, it's just a shame it's not reciprocated.
Thank you, I try hard to ignore abuse.

If you are in the public eye then you are there to get shot at, so I came to terms with that a long time ago. It's more likely in an industry such as this, that has a tarnished reputation.

I know some people find that really hard to come to terms with and get a bit paranoid, but this is social media we are talking about! Get to grips with the fact that people are going to have a pop.

What was harder for me to adjust to was the amount of abuse, where if often came from the ferocity of it. If you think some of the pubic abuse I have got is bad, you should see some of the really bad stuff. Some people have pursued me with a false narrative for over a decade and worked hard to influence others to adopt the same stance. It's not nice or ethical.

All I ever did was quit my job to do this for a living full time and try and encourage others to see the opportunity.
Thebest147

I going to play devils advocate here,

I actually enjoy canns videos, I do think Geeks Toy is better for in running a lot smoother

I have actually came away from BA, as it is good for automated stuff but the interface is pretty much the same for God's knows how long,

Yes auto is good and signals and servants and all other stuff but for manual in play racing it is average at best,

And finally I have been asking certain people in here if they had time could they look at my strategy and maybe set up a bot, they will by all means when it won't work,but when it will work they take my idea and Keep it for themselves and don't reply in any messages, yes Dallas
ljs

Naffman wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:59 am
I haven't made a comment on any of his videos and have totally given up on watching them after his lame questioning of that BF paper pusher.
Sorry that was directed at MemphisFlash, I quoted you only to respond to the FI aspect. Collateral damage :D
paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:15 am
So not inflating the issue Peter is admirable, it's just a shame it's not reciprocated.
Not sure Peter saying Caan is 'sinking even lower' + 'choosing the wrong people can lead you down the wrong path' and 'distorted perceptions' is staying out of it, seems like a snipe back and forth. But at the same time, everybody seems ok with with Memphis going over there and having a dig as he seems to on many videos, where is the criticism of that? You can't expect people to react well to that, but in this thread nobody seems to think there's any issue there? I'd be a little cautious about taking the moral high ground if you're going around trolling people then occasionally getting something back?

If somebody posted something directed at me saying about me talking my 'usual rubbish' and intentionally trying to rib because I've been linked to other software I'd probably not respond "oh thanks for your kind enquiry! Yes indeed I didn't speak my usual rubbish and I used the superior software you mentioned" :D civility is a 2-way street, not sure there is a huge amount of it on this thread, honestly.
Kai

ljs wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:51 pm
civility is a 2-way street, not sure there is a huge amount of it on this thread, honestly.
To be fair, there is another simultaneous thread about it for some reason : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24382

Was going to suggest right away to have the threads merged, but had to quickly pop out to get more popcorn before it escalated into fisticuffs ;)
LeTiss

This mud slinging is energy sapping.

I'm an old bastard, I've been around the trading game FT for 13 years now.

It's not an exaggeration to say that the early days were more fun and civil. The trading community was a vibrant one, with some great characters. There was a lot of humour around and there was a great deal of goodwill and genuine help available, if you needed it.

That seems to have gone. There's more anger and bitterness around now. There are too many claiming they are experts, but are not at all.

Not sure where it turned to shit, but I suggest PC has had a dramatic effect. People find it harder to make a living now. Those who had edges before, no longer do. That makes many pissed off!
I also think many traders resent automation (I know that seems a bizarre thing to say on BA), but in the early days we were competing against other traders/punters, whereas now we're competing against bots. That creates negativity, because struggling traders think they are being conned rather than being outtraded
MobiusGrey

Just want to add that I actually quite liked Geeks Toy, I don't really do any automation stuff so only need BA for dutching, for value lays I could use GT, and did for a long time. I love the interface and think it's a lot smoother than BA, and prettier too. However, I only use Betdaq, Caan not so long ago wrote this long piece on how Betdaq ban winners and aren't a proper exchange. This is completely untrue and only contributes to less liquidity on an already under performing exchange. The whole article was based on one person's account where Betdaq made a genuine mistake of banning someone who was caught up in money laundering, realised their error and resinstated said account. Yet Caan still persists with this narrative that Betdaq ban winners for click bait.

I've no time anymore for someone who lies in this industry, if he lies about that what else is he lieing about in order to get clicks?
ljs

MobiusGrey wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:11 pm
Just want to add that I actually quite liked Geeks Toy, I don't really do any automation stuff so only need BA for dutching, for value lays I could use GT, and did for a long time. I love the interface and think it's a lot smoother than BA, and prettier too. However, I only use Betdaq, Caan not so long ago wrote this long piece on how Betdaq ban winners and aren't a proper exchange. This is completely untrue and only contributes to less liquidity on an already under performing exchange. The whole article was based on one person's account where Betdaq made a genuine mistake of banning someone who was caught up in money laundering, realised their error and resinstated said account. Yet Caan still persists with this narrative that Betdaq ban winners for click bait.

I've no time anymore for someone who lies in this industry, if he lies about that what else is he lieing about in order to get clicks?
I remember the betdaq thing, that guy (lee cal trading wasn't it?) in the end came to an agreement with betdaq and stopped talking about it :) so I wouldn't assume their explanation is the true one. Others spoke about being banned for winning there not just him. I saw them in the thread with my own eyes. So nobody's lying here.

The whole problem with the BA forums is that you guys love to hate Caan so much that you end up being a big anti-Caan echo chamber. I'm not claiming he's perfect, but he's not this lying awful devil you make him out to be!

I just don't know why baldies can't look out for each other and get along :D
ljs

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:03 pm
This mud slinging is energy sapping.

I'm an old bastard, I've been around the trading game FT for 13 years now.

It's not an exaggeration to say that the early days were more fun and civil. The trading community was a vibrant one, with some great characters. There was a lot of humour around and there was a great deal of goodwill and genuine help available, if you needed it.

That seems to have gone. There's more anger and bitterness around now. There are too many claiming they are experts, but are not at all.

Not sure where it turned to shit, but I suggest PC has had a dramatic effect. People find it harder to make a living now. Those who had edges before, no longer do. That makes many pissed off!
I also think many traders resent automation (I know that seems a bizarre thing to say on BA), but in the early days we were competing against other traders/punters, whereas now we're competing against bots. That creates negativity, because struggling traders think they are being conned rather than being outtraded
I agree the mud slinging is just a silly waste of time. As if the internet needs more! PC wouldn't eliminate an edge though would it? Just cut profit on it, perhaps for some to the extent of making FT not worth it. Perhaps I'm being pedantic...
Kai

ljs wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:33 pm
Is it too soon for Abraham Lincoln quotes? 😇

LeTiss

ljs wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:35 pm
I agree the mud slinging is just a silly waste of time. As if the internet needs more! PC wouldn't eliminate an edge though would it? Just cut profit on it, perhaps for some to the extent of making FT not worth it. Perhaps I'm being pedantic...
It can effect an edge though.

Psychology is a huge part of trading. If you're making a living from trading, but now you're struggling to make it pay due to PC, that can have a massive impact on the way you trade, especially with regards to discipline and money management
Euler

I hate the mudslinging, but it needs to stop all round. I've deliberately avoided it, though that's hard sometimes, but it needs to be reciprocated.

I can't control what Tom or anybody else says but if you get that sort of response it's really going to get the goat. If Tom hadn't posted here it would have just gone unnoticed I'm sure.

But I'm really tired of it all. Trading is tough enough as it is!
Euler

Kai wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:41 pm
Is it too soon for Abraham Lincoln quotes? 😇
[/quote]

I have actually tried that!
ljs

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:42 pm
ljs wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:35 pm
It can effect an edge though.

Psychology is a huge part of trading. If you're making a living from trading, but now you're struggling to make it pay due to PC, that can have a massive impact on the way you trade, especially with regards to discipline and money management
True, good point. I'm of the opinion that CB is legit and profitable he just winds you guys up so I don't think that applies in his case. I think the simpler explanation overall is that the 2 biggest social media/youtube 'stars' in the BF world are Caan + Peter and there's an 'old as history itself' rivalry going on.
ljs

Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:46 pm
I hate the mudslinging, but it needs to stop all round. I've deliberately avoided it, though that's hard sometimes, but it needs to be reciprocated.

I can't control what Tom or anybody else says but if you get that sort of response it's really going to get the goat. If Tom hadn't posted here it would have just gone unnoticed I'm sure.

But I'm really tired of it all. Trading is tough enough as it is!
I can understand you being upset with the response, but have seen plenty of swipes at CB both here and in comments on his videos (rarely from you yes but still seems super common from others), I'm not really surprised that on occasion he hits back.

You guys just need to go for a drink and sort this out! Maybe some kind of a BMX race :D
MobiusGrey

ljs wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:33 pm
MobiusGrey wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:11 pm

I remember the betdaq thing, that guy (lee cal trading wasn't it?) in the end came to an agreement with betdaq and stopped talking about it :) so I wouldn't assume their explanation is the true one. Others spoke about being banned for winning there not just him. I saw them in the thread with my own eyes. So nobody's lying here.

The whole problem with the BA forums is that you guys love to hate Caan so much that you end up being a big anti-Caan echo chamber. I'm not claiming he's perfect, but he's not this lying awful devil you make him out to be!

Yep was LeeCal, the other people who said they were banned from winning were using the sports book not the exchange and I don't think fully understand what an exchange even is looking at their posts.

Anyway, I've no issue with Caan personally, when I was first getting started I spent hours watching his videos on YouTube, came across really well in his videos, very easy to understand and came at it from an angle that he was just like you. I'm not interested in the rest of the stuff here, that's for other people to sort out, I was just disappointed in his stance on Betdaq

Return to “Chill Out Area”