Captain Kirk Blue Origin Space Flight (Live at 15:50 UK Time)

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Dallas

Watch Capt. Kirk live boldly goes were Bezos has been before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhmp8CtROlE
Euler

Captain Kirk has great hearing, why??

He has a left ear, a right ear and a final frontier.
weemac

What do the Starship Enterprise and a toilet roll have in common?

They both pass by Uranus and get rid of the klingons.
Euler

This thread has the potential to go downhill fast.
Trader Pat

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paspuggie48

Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:49 pm
Captain Kirk has great hearing, why??

He has a left ear, a right ear and a final frontier.
Traitor...fancy not putting it in the Jokes thread...shambles ! :lol:
Kai

Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:04 pm
This thread has the potential to go downhill fast.
Already looks overbacked by dadjoke posts

Apparently there are far too many dadjoke enthusiasts around and not enough contrarians :)
Trader Pat

No matter how many times I've watched that rocket come back to Earth and land it still doesn't look real, it looks computer generated.

Amazing!
Derek27

There was a time when you had to be really fit to blast off into space. Even that 89-year-old woman looked pretty fit, but William Shatner, as well as being 90 is quite porky!
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:55 pm
There was a time when you had to be really fit to blast off into space. Even that 89-year-old woman looked pretty fit, but William Shatner, as well as being 90 is quite porky!
There's discussions now on what to call them

Real astronauts aren't keen on them being called this, so terms like 'Space Tourist' or even just 'Holiday Maker' are being banded around for them
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:55 pm
There's discussions now on what to call them

Real astronauts aren't keen on them being called this, so terms like 'Space Tourist' or even just 'Holiday Maker' are being banded around for them
If Captain Kirk isn't worthy of being called an astronaut I don't know who is. :)
Derek27

BBC (Sophie Raworth) said William Shatner is the oldest person to be in orbit! It wasn't an orbit BBC, you should use the correct terminology for the news!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:24 pm
BBC (Sophie Raworth) said William Shatner is the oldest person to be in orbit! It wasn't an orbit BBC, you should use the correct terminology for the news!
That's pretty awful in a trivial way. But then is lack of linguistic precision ever trivial.
What amazed me was Shatners discussion with Bezos. He was clearly overwhelmed by the experience.
I'm paraphrasing here, but what I heard was:
The planet is blue and equals life, space is black and equals death.
And the transition from one to the other happens way faster than you can imagine.
Maybe punting creatives into this echelon is a great way of getting them to come back down and persuade the rest of us that we live on a pretty special place and it's worth taking some inconvenience to protect the future generations.
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:52 pm
What amazed me was Shatners discussion with Bezos. He was clearly overwhelmed by the experience.
I'm paraphrasing here, but what I heard was:
The planet is blue and equals life, space is black and equals death.
And the transition from one to the other happens way faster than you can imagine.
Maybe punting creatives into this echelon is a great way of getting them to come back down and persuade the rest of us that we live on a pretty special place and it's worth taking some inconvenience to protect the future generations.
And ironically his space jolly dumped even more crap in the atmosphere of a planet he now cares about. You've got to be some sort of idiot to need a trip to space to comprehend our fragility and what a thin layer of atmosphere we all shelter under.
andy28

My voice must sound like William Shanter, every time he is on TV and asks a question my Echo Dot (Alexa) says " According to Wikipedi ........................" and answers his effing question

Return to “Chill Out Area”