Andrew Marr leaving the BBC

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:54 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:51 pm
One of the greatest regrets of my life was not to learn another language.
Never too late, give it a whirl : https://www.duolingo.com/
Apologies. Ignorant of me not to say Ta for the link.Cheers.
LeTiss

Met Andrew Marr many years ago. He was rather ignorant, although it was away from work, so perhaps he just wanted privacy.

About 18-20 years ago I used to run 10k races every Sunday. I ran a race in Oxford called the Woodstock 10k.
He was a competitor. Very short and not a looker, He had a rubbery face like a Spitting Image character
Seemed very annoyed at being recognised
greenmark

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:38 am
Met Andrew Marr many years ago. He was rather ignorant, although it was away from work, so perhaps he just wanted privacy.

About 18-20 years ago I used to run 10k races every Sunday. I ran a race in Oxford called the Woodstock 10k.
He was a competitor. Very short and not a looker, He had a rubbery face like a Spitting Image character
Lol That's probably your most unfair post I've seen from your good self. I don't rate Marr on his height or looks. I rate him on his Rottweiler-like pursuit of evasive politicians (of any wing).
And I imagine he is really quite abrupt in person.
I'm looking forward to the 'unleashed' Marr on LBC. But one of the things I absolutely loved about him was the pent up energy of being constrained by BBC impartialty and how he channeled that energy into being a complete pain in the arse to his political 'guests'.
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:

I didn't realise you had an interest in men. ;)
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:53 am
LeTiss wrote:

Lol That's probably your most unfair post I've seen from your good self. I don't rate Marr on his height or looks. I rate him on his Rottweiler-like pursuit of evasive politicians (of any wing).
And I imagine he is really quite abrupt in person.
I'm looking forward to the 'unleashed' Marr on LBC. But one of the things I absolutely loved about him was the pent up energy of being constrained by BBC impartialty and how he channeled that energy into being a complete pain in the arse to his political 'guests'.
I don't take much notice of people's height, but I was a bit surprised when I discovered my MP, who I had often seen on the local news, was only about 5' 5". I was worried he might get bullied about by other MPs and have his vote taken from him. And our chancellor Rishi Sunak, looked quite tall and business like, the sort of guy you could trust to handle the economy; then I realise he's 5' 6". He must have a chest size of about 30!

As for Stalin, if I ever met him I'd have given him a smack. :D

Return to “Chill Out Area”