What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for someone else?

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Trader Pat

I can't compete with some of the acts of bravery and kindness already mentioned but I'm going to cheat and put forward two acts. One of kindness and one of extreme selflessness.

The act of kindness was when I was about 11 or 12. I saw a guy walking into shop shutters and lampposts, he was completely all over the place but I noticed even though it was a busy Friday afternoon nobody was stopping to help him. I went over and asked him if he was ok and it turned out he was blind and had lost his cane so was completely disorientated. He asked me to help him to a doctors surgery that was about 10 minutes down the road so I did. I learned an important lesson that day which was not to judge a book by its cover.

As for the act of extreme selflessness I was a 14 year old virgin at a house party and when my best mate was copping off I gave him the condom I had in my back pocket. 20 minutes later I had the chance to cop off with some girl at the party but only got so far because I didn't have a condom! Important life lesson #2 learned that night, always bring two condoms to a house party and if you only have one keep it for yourself!
Derek27

PapaShango wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:17 pm
During the first lockdown, I did a random act of kindness. I gave away 9 of my Andrex supreme quilt toilet rolls.

To be fair to the lady who took them, she never asked. And actually seemed quite proud of her resourcefulness when she announced that she had been using kitchen roll instead. Though with visions of the baboon enclosure at the zoo, I insisted that she had a packet of mine.

Pretty nice of me I thought. Especially as I had just opened my last 54 pack and only had 3 other 16 packs, and two more packets of 9 left in reserve.
I once had to use kitchen towels and decided I actually preferred them. They're more abrasive and get your bum cleaner. But then I realised they're not good for the toilet/sewer and could cause blockages.
Last edited by Derek27 on Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:35 pm
I once had you use kitchen towels and decided I actually preferred them. They're more abrasive and get your bum cleaner. But then I realised they're not good for the toilet/sewer and could cause blockages.
Aaaand that will do it. Thread officially gone to 💩

greenmark

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:54 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:35 pm
I once had you use kitchen towels and decided I actually preferred them. They're more abrasive and get your bum cleaner. But then I realised they're not good for the toilet/sewer and could cause blockages.
Aaaand that will do it. Thread officially gone to 💩

roflol. What a double act. But is it Kai and Derek or Derek and Kai? :-) Either way I enjoy your streams of consciousness.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:43 pm
roflol. What a double act. But is it Kai and Derek or Derek and Kai? :-) Either way I enjoy your streams of consciousness.
Me? What did I do? :) Besides point out the obvious on occasion :) Not said a word for the first 4 pages! No, I think Derek and his evil twin have to take the credit for that one :D

greenmark

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:07 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:43 pm
Me? What did I do? :) Besides point out the obvious on occasion :) Not said a word for the first 4 pages! No, I think Derek and his evil twin have to take the credit for that one :D

You were part of the denouement. James could be there too. He is one step from being you or Derek. Not that any of you three are remotely similar. But how boring would it be if you were?
Korattt

forgot to add that I was given a box of Celebration’s on the 23rd by the owners of the local pub, having been given more chocs I can shake a stick at over the past couple of weeks I left ‘em on the elderly gents mail box. I remember him eating a box of Maltesers shortly after he lost his missus, seemed as if he was having a moment whilst he was having a coffee one morning on his front porch in the sun, hopefully he’ll enjoy ‘em over Christmas to remember his missus by, he’s a lovely bloke, anything to see him back with a smile on his face
greenmark

Korattt wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:47 pm
forgot to add that I was given a box of Celebration’s on the 23rd by the owners of the local pub, having been given more chocs I can shake a stick at over the past couple of weeks I left ‘em on the elderly gents mail box. I remember him eating a box of Maltesers shortly after he lost his missus, seemed as if he was having a moment whilst he was having a coffee one morning on his front porch in the sun, hopefully he’ll enjoy ‘em over Christmas to remember his missus by, he’s a lovely bloke, anything to see him back with a smile on his face
Perhaps a few words would go further than a box of chocs. My sister is a PCT and is adamant that words are under-rated as gifts.
Korattt

”Perhaps a few words would go further than a box of chocs. My sister is a PCT and is adamant that words are under-rated as gifts.”

agreed, he’s one of many people I speak to everyday

Return to “Chill Out Area”