What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for someone else?

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:28 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:10 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:07 am

If you look back at this thread you'll find people have posted kind things they've done with no intention of getting anything in return. That is what distinguishes your post from the others - not the name James!

You didn't give your life to this arsehole for ten years. He paid you a handsome salary which you happily accepted for ten years. Obviously you fell out with him eventually but surely working for somebody who's paying you a handsome salary can't be the kindest thing you've ever done for somebody, or is it? :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I believe it is because of what I gave up to do it. My kids first words, day at school…. As I mentioned already.

Anyway, we’re hijacking the thread with our back and forth. That was the kindest thing I’ve done for somebody “imo” regardless if you like it or not!.
The question in the title of this thread refers to the kindest thing you've done for somebody ELSE, not yourself!

You gave up your kid's first words, day at school, etc, for a "handsome salary". Ten years later you regretted it, but on day one, your first day at work, you weren't there because you were trying to kindly make your boss a multi-millionaire. You were there to get your handsome salary - what you gave up for it is irrelevant. Don't kid yourself James, you were doing it for yourself, not for anyone else.
Well, Derek I think everybody goes to work with the agenda of getting paid, they probably want to do a good job too, but the point is “realisation”. (That was kind & stupid of me). I realised that I gave up so much for so little. Can you put a price on your kids first words, day at school, emotion…. No you can’t, you don’t have any so I wouldn’t expect you to understand it.

If I referenced a cat maybe you’d understand but I hate cats so I’ve never had one. Anyway, sweet dreams, we’ve hijacked this enough.
Trader Pat

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:55 am
When somebody gets ignored the first time, but is desperate enough to post again!.

They clearly missed the point.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:42 am
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:10 am

Yeah, I believe it is because of what I gave up to do it. My kids first words, day at school…. As I mentioned already.

Anyway, we’re hijacking the thread with our back and forth. That was the kindest thing I’ve done for somebody “imo” regardless if you like it or not!.
The question in the title of this thread refers to the kindest thing you've done for somebody ELSE, not yourself!

You gave up your kid's first words, day at school, etc, for a "handsome salary". Ten years later you regretted it, but on day one, your first day at work, you weren't there because you were trying to kindly make your boss a multi-millionaire. You were there to get your handsome salary - what you gave up for it is irrelevant. Don't kid yourself James, you were doing it for yourself, not for anyone else.
Well, Derek I think everybody goes to work with the agenda of getting paid, they probably want to do a good job too, but the point is “realisation”. (That was kind & stupid of me). I realised that I gave up so much for so little. Can you put a price on your kids first words, day at school, emotion…. No you can’t, you don’t have any so I wouldn’t expect you to understand it.

If I referenced a cat maybe you’d understand but I hate cats so I’ve never had one. Anyway, sweet dreams, we’ve hijacked this enough.
I fully understand what you're saying. I may not have kids but I've worked with them and babysat them and didn't give them cat food to eat!

I appreciate what a loss it must be to miss your kid's first words and day at school and you have my genuine sympathy for that. I'm just saying it was your decision to take the job, a gamble that didn't pay off, you did for yourself, not to help your ex-boss make millions so you can't brand it as something you've done for someone else.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
:lol:
Derek27

BTW James, we're not hijacking the thread, we're talking about the nicest thing you've ever done for someone else. Of all the things you could have invented, you came up with something you thought was genuine. :lol:
Last edited by Derek27 on Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:10 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I fully understand what you're saying. I may not have kids but I've worked with them and babysat them and didn't give them cat food to eat!

I appreciate what a loss it must be to miss your kid's first words and day at school and you have my genuine sympathy for that. I'm just saying it was your decision to take the job, a gamble that didn't pay off, you did for yourself, not to help your ex-boss make millions so you can't brand it as something you've done for someone else.
I get that it was my decision Derek, but in hindsight any decision could be kind, cruel, self inflicted… whatever. The decision I made back then was mine & I did it for reasons I thought were right, in hindsight what I gave was kind. I don’t think in anything I’ve said I’ve tried to portray anything other than that, if I did it wasn’t intended. Happy we got to this point, please for the love of our and the forums sanity let’s leave it here.

Anyway (again), WE’RE hijacking the thread.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:11 am
Trader Pat wrote:
:lol:
Nice touch, show him you’re not ignoring him the second time round. Very smooth.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:21 am
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I get that it was my decision Derek, but in hindsight any decision could be kind, cruel, self inflicted… whatever. The decision I made back then was mine & I did it for reasons I thought were right, in hindsight what I gave was kind. I don’t think in anything I’ve said I’ve tried to portray anything other than that, if I did it wasn’t intended. Happy we got to this point, please for the love of our and the forums sanity let’s leave it here.

James, can I just ask you out of interest and without intending to hijack the thread, what is the nicest thing you've done for someone else?
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:29 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

James, can I just ask you out of interest and without intending to hijack the thread, what is the nicest thing you've done for someone else?
Answered a question with a lie.

I once gave my position in the queue at a supermarket up.

I thought I was being kind but what was really going on was there was some young woman who I thought would pay me attention, in my own perverted mind I thought there may have been a chance that they would have got with me. I was wrong, but at least I felt good about myself for being perverted for a whole day.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:34 am
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I thought I was being kind but what was really going on was there was some young woman who I thought would pay me attention, in my own perverted mind I thought there may have been a chance that they would have got with me. I was wrong, but at least I felt good about myself for being perverted for a whole day.
So you can't think of anything nice you've done for someone else in your entire lifetime, but you feel not sinking to the depths of feeling good about two young and beautiful girls smiling at you, is something you've got going for you. :roll:
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:15 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

So you can't think of anything nice you've done for someone else in your entire lifetime, but you feel not sinking to the depths of feeling good about two young and beautiful girls smiling at you, is something you've got going for you. :roll:
I’ve done so many nice things… genuinely though, I don’t track them for point scoring purposes.

My previous reply was just making a point that anyone can make a meal out of anything somebody else says. Like you have with what I said. I’ve tried to end our conversation multiple times but you keep on pushing me for more, at this point we’ve flat out ruined the thread by doing what we always do…. Go round in circles until anything relative to the original topic is no longer part of our conversation.

I didn’t start the conversation between us, you approached me but this time I’m honestly saying that I won’t reply anymore.

I hope our comments get moved and the thread has some resemblance of it’s original purpose later today.

Good night Derek.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:29 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:15 am
jamesg46 wrote:

I’ve done so many nice things… genuinely though, I don’t track them for point scoring purposes.

My previous reply was just making a point that anyone can make a meal out of anything somebody else says. Like you have with what I said. I’ve tried to end our conversation multiple times but you keep on pushing me for more, at this point we’ve flat out ruined the thread by doing what we always do…. Go round in circles until anything relative to the original topic is no longer part of our conversation.

I didn’t start the conversation between us, you approached me but this time I’m honestly saying that I won’t reply anymore.

I hope our comments get moved and the thread has some resemblance of it’s original purpose later today.

Good night Derek.
I was just asking if there's anything nice you've ever done for anyone else, which is after all, the title of this thread. If there are so many things you've done that you can't remember a single one (a line I've heard countless times before :lol: ), just say so.

And don't kid yourself James. Having a bash at someone and then saying "hey, let's end the conversation and make peace", is in no way an attempt to end a conversation.

You often use the line "I didn't start the conversation". What you need to understand, and this is something that every forumite with a bit of intelligence understands, is that every post is potentially starting a conversation!

If you really want to identify the start of a conversation, I would define it as when the subject is completely changed, for example:

viewtopic.php?p=285826#p285826

James, just be nice to people and people will be nice to you. It's quite ironic that somebody starts a thread about being nice to people and the best you can do is post your grudge against your former boss!
jamesg46

Put a breakpoint at my first post and F8 through the thread. Everything looks ok there. Put a breakpoint here and F8 through the thread. Nope, no good. I just can’t close that For Derek loop.
Kai

Lads you had one job :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”