Does anyone use tripsters?

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Kai

Blimey, what the bloody hell is going on in here :shock:

I was just looking for a good tripster bike, hence posted in the chill out area :?

Kai

Bit early to start drinking lads, surely? :?

Anyway to go back on topic, after a tremendous amount of research I think I will go for Kinesis Tripster ATR V3 : https://road.cc/content/review/kinesis- ... 021-279589

It has excellent reviews and track record overall, it just seems to be great value and people are very happy with it apparently, although I will probably only use it on the weekends. But don't need much honestly, just want a reliable tripster that won't leave me lying face down in the gutter somewhere.
Derek27

Good one Kai. :)
Dublin_Flyer

Kai wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:49 pm
Bit early to start drinking lads, surely? :?

Anyway to go back on topic, after a tremendous amount of research I think I will go for Kinesis Tripster ATR V3 : https://road.cc/content/review/kinesis- ... 021-279589

It has excellent reviews and track record overall, it just seems to be great value and people are very happy with it apparently, although I will probably only use it on the weekends. But don't need much honestly, just want a reliable tripster that won't leave me lying face down in the gutter somewhere.
Tripster looks decent Kai, have a look at the Giant brand too. I'm not a fan of the curly handlebars so always gone for the Giant Rapid with skinny tyres and flat handlebars. Check your local small/independent bike shops and ask them, they're way more informed and honest than the Halfords type places as they're trying to keep you as a loyal customer rather than 1 in, 1 out type.

Don't believe the hype on Gatorskin tires either, they split if you get a piece of glass or anything in them, and never recover/close up. Schwalbe Marathon Plus all the way, have mine on since Feb 2019 and 0 punctures. Took some hefty wedges of glass out of them too, but the 5mm safelayer/kevlar type stuff definitely does its job.
Derek27

The only bike I ever bought was one with the tour de France style drop-handlebars, but I never used them. :lol: Unless you're averaging 25-30mph there's not much point.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:25 am
firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:13 am
I guess the negative comments here come from those who have been 'taken' by cowboy tipsters when their due diligence proved to be insufficient! :lol:
He's looking for a tripster, not tipster, but you're not the only one who missed the 'r'. For a moment I thought it was the same thread and I just hadn't noticed the misspelling :)
OK, you got me :D Never heard of a "tripster" ... thought it was a genuine typo! :roll: If I had to guess that "tripster" was intended I would probable have thought it was someone (maybe blonde and busty!) who accompanies gentlemen on trips! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:45 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:25 am
firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:13 am
I guess the negative comments here come from those who have been 'taken' by cowboy tipsters when their due diligence proved to be insufficient! :lol:
He's looking for a tripster, not tipster, but you're not the only one who missed the 'r'. For a moment I thought it was the same thread and I just hadn't noticed the misspelling :)
OK, you got me :D Never heard of a "tripster" ... thought it was a genuine typo! :roll: If I had to guess that "tripster" was intended I would probable have thought it was someone (maybe blonde and busty!) who accompanies gentlemen on trips! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I never heard of one either. I assumed it's someone who tries to trip you up as you walk down the street. :)
sniffer66

I can't have been the only one thinking LSD ?
Kai

Cognitive bias is a funny old thing 😇

It's almost a decent case study in confirmation bias! :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”