Anyone been to Iceland

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
goat68

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:44 am
I've always wanted to go, but never found the time. If there were no restrictions on when that volcano erupted, then I would have gone then.

Know several friends that have gone and there are several 'guides' done on short trips: -

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/tra ... /58579-003

I saw the northern lights one year when I did a winter trip to far north of Finland. It was magical, but really unusual, the sun never rose and it was roughly -40. So cold my batteries failed almost instantly I tried to take a picture. But those memories will stay with me forever.
We've done a similar trip with Exodus to Kiruna, Sweden, absolutely amazing, we looked after our own dog sled in the wilderness for 3 days, built and slept in an igloo, and saw the northern lights on several nights, and drove a skidoo at 40+mph across frozen lakes :-) amazing. I don't think Exodus do the trip anymore, but there are smaller companies do similar trips to Kiruna.
firlandsfarm

I'm due to go in March but all depends on Covid. I booked it back in May thinking 10 months would be enough for the world to work out how to defeat or live with Covid. As I'm cat2 high risk (heart attack and diabetes) I'm starting to check my cancelation rights! I'm not thinking of Iceland as the problem more being locked up in a plane with a hundred or more others for 4 hours. :(
Kai

Korattt wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:55 pm
Anyone been to Iceland
Never been personally but my mate has been recently and says that the country has a huge drug problem, he couldn't find drugs anywhere
Kai

Yep that's actually the mate I was telling you about

Return to “Chill Out Area”