$3408 to watch the Superbowl

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
megarain

Reading the average ticket price for the Superbowl this year is $7,762 :shock: :shock:

The cheapest ticket currently available online that gets you in, is $3,408.

Could you ever dream of paying such a number ? Even if u could trade and scalp (something).

Most I have ever paid for a ticket is like £850 for an Indian v Pakistan cricket game - and I wasn't happy.
Dallas

Can't even get a sneaky peak with a drone - they've put a 30-mile no fly zone around the stadium for several hours Sunday afternoon
MobiusGrey

Least it's not in this country, $7000 for a ticket or.... a bloke outside sniffs a load of gear and shoves a flare up his bum before him and thousands of scumbags storm the turnstiles.
Trader Pat

If it was a once in a lifetime sporting occasion then I could see myself paying that sort of dough but not for a Superbowl. The most over-hyped occasion in the sporting calendar that rarely lives up to its billing.

Don't think I'll bother even bother watching it on tv but might tune in for the halftime show because that will probably be more newsworthy on Monday morning.

Also the Superbowl probably has my least favourite sporting tradition of all.. anointing the winners as World champions! :x :roll:
Dublin_Flyer

I checked ticket prices when I heard the half time lineup, they were around $5000 for the cheapest ticket at that time. Half time show has about 25 minutes of performance with Dr Dre, Eminem, Snoop, Mary J, Kendrick all listed as performing. So they'll get about a song and a half each, or a song each and a medley at the end.
Take into account it's prime time tv in the US so the rappers can't say the words they usually say, there'll be no N-word, no Bitch, no Ho, no reference to guns or weed..........so the halftime show will probably be as raw and hard hitting as the theme tune to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air :lol:

That said, I'd love the whole show to be uncensored just to see how much the snowflakes get offended and try sue all performers and tv networks for emotional damage :lol: :lol: :roll:
Trader Pat

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:14 pm
Take into account it's prime time tv in the US so the rappers can't say the words they usually say, there'll be no N-word, no Bitch, no Ho, no reference to guns or weed..........so the halftime show will probably be as raw and hard hitting as the theme tune to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air :lol:

I'm expecting it to be different this year because of the Brian Flores saga.

I can't imagine Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre not addressing it. If they don't then they're basically pissing all over their roots. Can't see that happening.
Dublin_Flyer

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:22 pm
Dublin_Flyer wrote:

I can't imagine Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre not addressing it. If they don't then they're basically pissing all over their roots. Can't see that happening.
True, Snoop just got control of Death Row records this week too and so he can perform all his old stuff and get the royalties, plus he released a new album on Friday. I doubt he'll be performing tracks 1,2,7,13,17 though; Still Smokin, Gun Smoke, Doggystylin, Pop Pop, Get This Dick :lol:
Trader Pat

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:29 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Dublin_Flyer wrote:

True, Snoop just got control of Death Row records this week too and so he can perform all his old stuff and get the royalties, plus he released a new album on Friday. I doubt he'll be performing tracks 1,2,7,13,17 though; Still Smokin, Gun Smoke, Doggystylin, Pop Pop, Get This Dick :lol:
I'd be more surprised if Dr Dre doesn't address it. I mean Snoop went mainstream for Just Eat :D
Dublin_Flyer

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:31 pm
Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

I'd be more surprised if Dr Dre doesn't address it. I mean Snoop went mainstream for Just Eat :D
True again, Dre already put it to the white man selling Beats, for ridiculous money for a bog standard headphone pumped by influencers and celebrities :lol:
Trader Pat

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:35 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Dublin_Flyer wrote:

True again, Dre already put it to the white man selling Beats, for ridiculous money for a bog standard headphone pumped by influencers and celebrities :lol:
Never thought of that! :lol:

Looks like its all gonna come down to Eminem :)
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:40 pm
Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

For some reason I can't hear a reference to Eminem without The Muppet's Muna Muna song poppping into my head.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:42 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Dublin_Flyer wrote:

For some reason I can't hear a reference to Eminem without The Muppet's Muna Muna song poppping into my head.
I just had to go and google it didn't I?!

Thanks for the earworm :D
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:48 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:42 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

I just had to go and google it didn't I?!

Thanks for the earworm :D
For some reason I have plenty of those at the moment. I will not sift or share any more for the sake of my sanity. :-) Or yours! :-)
ShaunWhite

All that money for a ticket and the halftime show seems to be a tribute to 2005....... Yawn.
Dublin_Flyer

Dre and Snoop and Eminem performed about as much as I expected. Mary J was overdubbed much of her part until her main-camera bit doing No More Drama. She should have sang Family Affair, way more Doo Doo Do tune

Return to “Chill Out Area”