Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:08 pm
:lol:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65004610

Vlad wanders around in the dark to survey the fragments of civilisation left after his brutality (or hurriedly constructed to windowdress the stupidity of destroying to achieve your aims).
Wasn't there another Vlad that preferred the dark hours?
Yes, his name was Iain Duncan Smith.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:50 pm
greenmark wrote:

Vlad wanders around in the dark to survey the fragments of civilisation left after his brutality (or hurriedly constructed to windowdress the stupidity of destroying to achieve your aims).
I don't like him or agree with him but he looks a whole lot better than the current incumbents.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:16 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

I don't like him or agree with him but he looks a whole lot better than the current incumbents.
I was on benefit during his time. I did a search for the pic of Vlad the Impaler eating his dinner with his face replaced with IDS, couldn't find it, but there's no doubt in my mind he was one of the most evil people in UK history.

https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-david-c ... ith-murder
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:24 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I was on benefit during his time. I did a search for the pic of Vlad the Impaler eating his dinner with his face replaced with IDS, couldn't find it, but there's no doubt in my mind he was one of the most evil people in UK history.

If your talking about universal credit with was IDS baby, he never put in the proposal that people had to wait 5 weeks before getting benefits. He said 2 weeks, it was the treasury and chancellor at the time that said people should wait 5 weeks.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:01 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

If your talking about universal credit with was IDS baby, he never put in the proposal that people had to wait 5 weeks before getting benefits. He said 2 weeks, it was the treasury and chancellor at the time that said people should wait 5 weeks.
I'm talking about sanctioning people with severe mental health problems who aren't even able to work for being ten minutes late to a Jobcentre interview and allowing them to stave to death. I remember IDS on his way to a pre-election hustings when somebody tipped him off that the sister of a claimant he killed would be attending. Naturally the coward called it off. He couldn't face her.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:37 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:01 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I'm talking about sanctioning people with severe mental health problems who aren't even able to work for being ten minutes late to a Jobcentre interview and allowing them to stave to death. I remember IDS on his way to a pre-election hustings when somebody tipped him off that the sister of a claimant he killed would be attending. Naturally the coward called it off. He couldn't face her.
Ah ok, well I believe the sanctioning rules/actions are about to get even tougher/worse from next month.

A friend of mine works at the job centre and the biggest NO NO is being late for an appointment. I won’t say how the entire points system works but being late puts you on -10 for each one missed or late too. Unless your leg is hanging off then best to attend on time. Also, there are different rules followed for different areas. If you in a major city like London, Liverpool, Manchester etc then they much more strict opposed to living in a smaller town with less unemployment per head of population. With her help I managed to fiddle the system for 3 years as had no intention of working at the time but on paper it looked like my job search was 200 emails/letters per week.

If you go to any weatherspoons pub during the day, you will often see the usual suspects, in their 50s, unemployed, no intention of working on the books but playing the system. Over the years I must of spoken to hundreds of them along the south coast and they all say the same thing, don’t be late and the rest is just a piss take if you know what to say and more importantly what not to say.
greenmark

Putin wandering around Mariupol like nothing has happened, even triumphant is really nauseating,
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:56 pm
Putin wandering around Mariupol like nothing has happened, even triumphant is really nauseating,
Let's just hope there's a sniper lurking about. What a catch that would be. :D
Derek27

Putin says he welcomes Xi Jinping's plans for a resolution in Ukraine and will respectfully review them. That translates to shove 'em up your arse. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:14 pm
Putin says he welcomes Xi Jinping's plans for a resolution in Ukraine and will respectfully review them. That translates to shove 'em up your arse. :)
:lol: I didn't realise you had such a grasp of Russian. Whios knows what the next development will be. Spring offensive or everyone gets a bit fed up and starts talking like they could have done over a year and thousands of lives and appalling destruction ago.
We are a very stupid and cruel species at times.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:22 pm
Derek27 wrote:
:lol: I didn't realise you had such a grasp of Russian. Whios knows what the next development will be. Spring offensive or everyone gets a bit fed up and starts talking like they could have done over a year and thousands of lives and appalling destruction ago.
I think the situation's beyond talking. The war will continue until Putin is defeated or withdraws from Ukraine.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:25 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
I think the situation's beyond talking. The war will continue until Putin is defeated or withdraws from Ukraine.
+ 1

Zelensky is not going to agree to any peace deal until Russia withdraws from all of Ukraine including Crimea. Plus if Ukraine/West comes to the peace table it will set a dangerous president for Taiwan/China next flashpoint down the road. There is allot of politics and posturing going on. China, Russia, USA, NATO are all in a game to see who blinks first. Too much a stake to try for peace. People on both sides will continue dying for a long time yet.
Naffman

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:25 pm
greenmark wrote:

+ 1

Zelensky is not going to agree to any peace deal until Russia withdraws from all of Ukraine including Crimea. Plus if Ukraine/West comes to the peace table it will set a dangerous president for Taiwan/China next flashpoint down the road. There is allot of politics and posturing going on. China, Russia, USA, NATO are all in a game to see who blinks first. Too much a stake to try for peace. People on both sides will continue dying for a long time yet.
Putin also hoping Trump runs/wins in 2024 so will be going at least till then, sadly it doesn't look like it's going to end even after that and a lot of sons/fathers/brothers are going to be sent in as cannon fodder, their life ending for one man's ego.
Archery1969

The attached shows you what would happen in the UK if Russia dropped 1 x biggest nuke they have ever tested. It wouldn't take many to wipe everyone in the UK off the planet. Those that do survive will probably wish they hadn't.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 pm
The attached shows you what would happen in the UK if Russia dropped 1 x biggest nuke they have ever tested. It wouldn't take many to wipe everyone in the UK off the planet. Those that do survive will probably wish they hadn't.
The 50-megaton Tzar bomb was nothing more than an experiment. It was so big the aircraft had to leave its doors open and drop it by parachute. It was never deployable and they don't have nukes of that size. They now use MIRV to scatter smaller yield bombs over an area.

Return to “Chill Out Area”