Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

I have to be honest, if I sat through one of Putin's 45-minute speeches I'd be clapping with joy when it's over.
Archery1969

In Ukraine, President Zelensky has announced that he is requesting fast-track Nato membership after Vladimir Putin attempted to annex four Ukrainian regions.

Another 18 HIMRAS Missile systems being delivered to Ukraine from US stock held in Poland via secure routes. Lockheed Martin are ramping up production around the clock. The Pentagon has 500 in total at its disposal. I guess if they have that many but asked the manufacturer to ramp up production that something BIG is on the horizon.
Last edited by Archery1969 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:37 pm
In Ukraine, President Zelensky has announced that he is requesting fast-track Nato membership after Vladimir Putin attempted to annex four Ukrainian regions.
He's wasting his time. You can't join NATO while you're at war.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:06 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Can’t they change the rules if all members agree ?
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
Changing the rules of an organization like NATO would be quite complex, but you'd be lucky to get one member who's mad enough to agree to start WWIII, never mind all members.

Sorry Archery, you'll just have to wait patiently for nuclear war. :)
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:14 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Changing the rules of an organization like NATO would be quite complex, but you'd be lucky to get one member who's mad enough to agree to start WWIII, never mind all members.

Sorry Archery, you'll just have to wait patiently for nuclear war. :)
I don’t think there will be a Nuclear war. People might have gathered by now that I watch the US military daily news channel. Allot of talk around how the west and NATO could take Russian military infrastructure out completely with the latest conventional weapons. Would take a great deal of planning and timing. I presume that part has probably already been done as a fail safe.
Archangel

Putin can make all the declarations he likes but the fact is that the Russian military is slowly crumbling and he wont be in power for much longer, imo
Derek27

Putin's now claiming the US started the nuclear war.....in 1945!
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:06 pm
Putin's now claiming the US started the nuclear war.....in 1945!
:lol:
Emmson

Archangel wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:42 pm
Putin can make all the declarations he likes but the fact is that the Russian military is slowly crumbling and he wont be in power for much longer, imo

And the flight of human capital continues across their many borders. This is good and should be encouraged to the full.
Archery1969

The USA Nuclear Triad System

ICBMs - Based in USA only
Type: 400 x LGM-30 Minuteman III ICBM
Range: 6,000 miles
Speed: 15,000 miles per hour
Warhead: 1 x 335 Kilotons (40 x destructive power of Hydrogen bomb dropped on Japan in 1945)

Bombers - Based in USA and Europe
Type: 400 x Gravity Bombs and 300 x Cruise missiles
Range: 1,500 miles
Speed: 550 miles per hour
Warhead: 1 x 1,250 kilotons (150 x destructive power of Hydrogen bomb dropped on Japan in 1945)

SLBMs - Sea based
Type: 280 x UGM-133 Trident II
Range: 7,500 miles
Speed: 18,000 miles per hour
Warhead: 5 x 250 Kilotons (150 x destructive power of Hydrogen bomb dropped on Japan in 1945)
Archangel

How does all this play out ? Putin is a dictator so will never leave office voluntarily. If he dies suddenly there doesnt seem to be a number 2 or a nominated successor. Therefore there has to be coup or revolt of some kind which could lead to an even deeper crisis and civil war in a nuclear state.
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:27 pm
How does all this play out ? Putin is a dictator so will never leave office voluntarily. If he dies suddenly there doesnt seem to be a number 2 or a nominated successor. Therefore there has to be coup or revolt of some kind which could lead to an even deeper crisis and civil war in a nuclear state.
The FSB are not stupid. I imagine they want him removed along with any other hardliners. It’s not in their interests to be excluded from what’s going on. They are probably just as opposed to the west but will realise that Russia is now considered a rouge state. That makes it even more difficult for them to operate on the international stage. Russia cannot win a Nuclear War, they are struggling to win a conventional one. Worst case scenario they maybe able to launch 5% of their operational ones but would face NATO, Europe, USA and probably Israel launching everything they have. Every inch of Russia will/is being monitored and Submarines tracked. Plus there will be people on the ground in country monitoring. Any hint that Putin is about to do something, then it will be relayed back. The USA will use the argument, we had no choice, Putin Russia was about to or in the process to causing worldwide catastrophe and needed to act quickly.

There are 45 Stealth Bombers in Europe which evade being detected. Just 3 of them carry enough Nuclear warheads to turn most of Russia into very hot dust.

And god forbid the SLBMs don’t launch their payloads too as Russia would end up being a wasteland for centuries.

But I personally believe the west, NATO, USA won’t use Nuclear Weapons. They have enough modern conventional weapons to take out all Russian military infrastructure in minutes with joint global timings.

I reckon Putin has 3 weeks left, whatever he decides to do.
napshnap

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:36 am
Archangel wrote:
The USA will use the argument, we had no choice, Putin Russia was about to or in the process to causing worldwide catastrophe and needed to act quickly.
What's exactly (without hippie bullshit, rainbow unicorns and hypocritical "moral high ground") in your opinion hold yanks from doing it right now?

They can do it and then say: "oh, it was an asteroid!" or "it was an aliens orbital ion cannon strike!" and you, the people, will eat it without questions.
Archery1969

napshnap wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:12 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:36 am
Archangel wrote:
The USA will use the argument, we had no choice, Putin Russia was about to or in the process to causing worldwide catastrophe and needed to act quickly.
What's exactly (without hippie bullshit, rainbow unicorns and hypocritical "moral high ground") in your opinion hold yanks from doing it right now?

They can do it and then say: "oh, it was an asteroid!" or "it was an aliens orbital ion cannon strike!" and you, the people, will eat it without questions.
I imagine they waiting to see if intelligence reports show he is about to launch something big. Global missile launches are tracked, submarines are shadowed. It’s all about risk.

NATO has the power to take down most things. While it’s considered conventional type weapons then they won’t act. That’s just normal casualties of war.

If they suspect non conventional weapons are about to be used then they will make a decision based on risk.

I don’t know but I imagine if Putin launches a chemical, biological or Nuclear attack on Ukraine then all bets and gloves will be off. The USA, NATO and Europe might retaliate all at once with overwhelming military force.

Don’t forget what the USA did in 1945 to end a war quickly.

Return to “Chill Out Area”