Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Archery1969

napshnap wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:00 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:58 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:15 pm
Dimwit Peskov threatens Russia will retaliate by sending truckloads of cans of baked beans to the Russian frontline!
The only thing they need to start sending in the thousands is body bags.

💪
Good old cannibalism. Right, Archery?

Cannibalism ?

Well your troops can eat the dead if they want to but I am told human flesh can be a bit tough and chewy.

Whatever rocks your boat.

🐷
greenmark

I think we should pull back from rhetoric and focus on support for Ukraine. The long range stuff can hit Russian territory but has been supplied on the basis that Ukraine doesn't. But I suspect they will use it to hit Russian defensive lines on Ukraine territory from afar. Russia, or rather, Putin is looking more and more ludicrous. The whole fiasco needs a solution that allows dignified compromise. Desperately!
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:21 pm
Well your troops can eat the dead if they want to but I am told human flesh can be a bit tough and chewy.
Not if it's cooked properly. Human meat tastes similar to pork, just not quite as succulent. :)
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 11:01 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 8:21 pm
Not if it's cooked properly. Human meat tastes similar to pork, just not quite as succulent. :)
I am not even going to ask how you know this Derek.

:lol:
Archery1969

BBC News:

"Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the Wagner mercenary group fighting on the Russian side, accused regular Russian troops of abandoning positions around Bakhmut."

napshnap

Dudes... Yak!
greenmark wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 10:54 pm
I think we should pull back from rhetoric and focus on support for Ukraine. The long range stuff can hit Russian territory but has been supplied on the basis that Ukraine doesn't. But I suspect they will use it to hit Russian defensive lines on Ukraine territory from afar. Russia, or rather, Putin is looking more and more ludicrous. The whole fiasco needs a solution that allows dignified compromise. Desperately!
The president been quite logical about that - borders will be moved further a distance equal to the flight range of west-supplied deadly toys.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:18 am
BBC News:

"Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the Wagner mercenary group fighting on the Russian side, accused regular Russian troops of abandoning positions around Bakhmut."

Michael Clarke put it more bluntly. I think he said the 72nd unit "ran away". I just visualized a thousand men running across the battlefield instead of an orderly withdrawal. :lol:
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:10 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 7:18 am
BBC News:

Michael Clarke put it more bluntly. I think he said the 72nd unit "ran away". I just visualized a thousand men running across the battlefield instead of an orderly withdrawal. :lol:
On a serious note, during my service time, I had the honour to serve along side Gurkha regiments. If you had told them to surrender or retreat then you would have found yourself in a serious heap of trouble.

During Iraq Part 1 a number of Royal Marines and Para’s were being hammered from all sides and some involved in basically hand to hand combat. I won’t mention their Gurkha regiment but more than 50 of them disobeyed an order from the top and stormed 4 positions. They were and will always be nuts. During that engagement 7 of them were killed but their actions saved allot of Marines and Para’s.

I’m pretty sure if you wanted to kill Putin then just send the Gurkhas with overwhelming backup and support.

Like I said, their all nuts, in a good way. :)
Emmson

That Storm Shadow may have had an early outing, an oil depot that was far in excess of HIMARS range has been taken out today.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1 ... 0007526401
Archery1969

Emmson wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:06 pm
That Storm Shadow may have had an early outing, an oil depot that was far in excess of HIMARS range has been taken out today.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1 ... 0007526401
The UK has purchased 600 since late November 2022. They always planned to send them. Difference this time around and with previous conflicts, didn’t bother asking or seeking USA approval. Read into that what you will. The USA to this day refuses to send long range missiles.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 10:13 am
Dudes... Yak!
greenmark wrote:
The president been quite logical about that - borders will be moved further a distance equal to the flight range of west-supplied deadly toys.
More than 20.000 Ukraine civilians have died or been injured. How can you support Putin? 10's of 1000's of Russian's have died. How can you support Putin?
The head of Wagner is criticising the Putin regime. How can you support Putin? "The West" commercial interests have withdrawn from Russia. How can you support Putin? Oligarchs have had their weath sequestrated in the west. How can you support Putin?
So, what are the criteria for your support for Putin?

Sure "the west" are supplying weapons and expertise and inteligence to Ukraine. But we cooperated worth Russia over Iraq and Afghanistan and dealing with ISIL. What has changed? You will say its "the west". We will say it's Putin (not Russia) just Putin.
Archery1969

napshnap wrote:
Dudes... Yak!
greenmark wrote:
So, your basically saying Putin will move his borders back. But everyone and their dog knew that was going to happen.

In the meantime, tens of thousands of Russian soldiers, Ukraine and civilians have been killed.

As a former soldier, i understand taking an oath to serve my Queen and Country and therfore appreciate others for doing the same regardlesss of nationality.

But I have never agreed or supported the delibrate killing of those who choose not to wear a uniform.

Killing, raping and torturing women, men and children is a disgrace. If you and others support it then I hope your country gets all it deserves.

If I had my way then I would just give an order the the UK submarine commanders to launch all they have against your kind and country.

Personally, I hope and prey Europe goes directly into war with Russia and flipping destroys it.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 11:22 pm
napshnap wrote:
Dudes... Yak!
greenmark wrote:
So, your basically saying Putin will move his borders back. But everyone and their dog knew that was going to happen.

In the meantime, tens of thousands of Russian soldiers, Ukraine and civilians have been killed.

As a former soldier, i understand taking an oath to serve my Queen and Country and therfore appreciate others for doing the same regardlesss of nationality.

But I have never agreed or supported the delibrate killing of those who choose not to wear a uniform.

Killing, raping and torturing women, men and children is a disgrace. If you and others support it then I hope your country gets all it deserves.

If I had my way then I would just give an order the the UK submarine commanders to launch all they have against your kind and country.

Personally, I hope and prey Europe goes directly into war with Russia and flipping destroys it.
You say you don't agree with killing innocent civilians and then you say you want to destroy 100+ million people!
napshnap

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 11:22 pm
napshnap wrote:
Dudes... Yak!
greenmark wrote:

I knew you will catch me on that.)
Remeber that collage that I posted, with Ray Liotta as Napoleon? - some tried.
Archery1969

Get in there. You Russian dogs.

https://youtu.be/d5h5KrPM8_Q

Return to “Chill Out Area”