Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Archangel

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:47 am
Archangel wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:39 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:05 pm

Many analysts have said over 100,000 Russian soldiers have died or been seriously injured since the war or special operation began.

If that turns out to be anywhere near true then its diabolical by any modern military standards. Thats 20,000 more than the entire UK armed forces put together. Imagine if the UK lost all its armed forces in 9 months of a conflct. Unthinkable.

It does kind of make sense though given how many have now been called up in Russia to fight.

So, how is it going for Russia, I would say, not very well.
What do you think happens next. Full retreat?
I think Putin will try and hold on to Crimea at least. If he loses that then he knows he will be removed from power in an undignified manner. So when is back is totally against the wall he may think, what the hell, do something really silly/dangerous.

But western intelligence has been pretty good up until now in tipping off Ukraine. There have been multiple attempts to kill/capture Zelensky and his family. So far, all prevented.

The next 3 weeks will be key, does Putin/Russia leave their troops in Ukraine without proper ammunition, medical supplies and food rations during a harsh winter, do they try and end the conflict one way or the other or do they give up and totally retreat and try to save face.

Personally, i think senior people in the FSB will conclude that Putin should be removed. But, who knows. ;)
If the Ukrainians have the initiative and the Russian lines collapse I dont see why they shouldnt go and reclaim Crimea. I know their focus now will be on pushing the Russians back from the Dinipro. Russia destroyed the bridge, that will cause some problems
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:02 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:47 am
Archangel wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:39 pm

What do you think happens next. Full retreat?
I think Putin will try and hold on to Crimea at least. If he loses that then he knows he will be removed from power in an undignified manner. So when is back is totally against the wall he may think, what the hell, do something really silly/dangerous.

But western intelligence has been pretty good up until now in tipping off Ukraine. There have been multiple attempts to kill/capture Zelensky and his family. So far, all prevented.

The next 3 weeks will be key, does Putin/Russia leave their troops in Ukraine without proper ammunition, medical supplies and food rations during a harsh winter, do they try and end the conflict one way or the other or do they give up and totally retreat and try to save face.

Personally, i think senior people in the FSB will conclude that Putin should be removed. But, who knows. ;)
If the Ukrainians have the initiative and the Russian lines collapse I dont see why they shouldnt go and reclaim Crimea
According to news reports they are going to try and retake Crimea. But that would be totally humiliating for Putin and Russia. Not sure they will give that area up without a last stand so to speak. Russia has lost more troops and equipment in Ukraine than it did in the Afghan and Chechen wars combined. Be interesting to see what he does next, give up or press that big red button!!! Although apparently he has been warned by China not to do the unthinkable. So, who knows.
Derek27

The Russians left the Ukrainians a Christmas present before leaving Kherson. A massive ammunition dump of bombs, artillery shells and mortars. :D
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:07 pm
The Russians left the Ukrainians a Christmas present before leaving Kherson. A massive ammunition dump of bombs, artillery shells and mortars. :D
Any field dressings, in date ? 😂
greenmark

"I wanted our flag to be flying in Kyiv in March," anchor man Vladimir Solovyov told viewers of his show Evening with Solovyov. "It was painful when our troops turned away from Kyiv and Chernihiv. But such are the laws of war…we are fighting Nato."

Have the Russian hierachy no grasp on reality? YOU STARTED THIS SHIT STORM!!!! NATO has not set foot in Ukraine, whereas Russia deployed everything but nukes. Good grief!!!!
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:36 pm
"I wanted our flag to be flying in Kyiv in March," anchor man Vladimir Solovyov told viewers of his show Evening with Solovyov. "It was painful when our troops turned away from Kyiv and Chernihiv. But such are the laws of war…we are fighting Nato."

Have the Russian hierachy no grasp on reality? YOU STARTED THIS SHIT STORM!!!! NATO has not set foot in Ukraine, whereas Russia deployed everything but nukes. Good grief!!!!
800 members of the UK 16 Air Assault Brigade (Royal Marines, Para’s and Gurkha’s) are in Ukraine protecting embassies, Zelensky and his family. The MOD will never confirm or deny that. But Ben Wallace let it slip out in an interview plus I have a few contacts who haven’t seen their partners since Feb this year. A usual 6 month tour has slightly overrun so to speak. 🤙
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:41 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:36 pm

800 members of the UK 16 Air Assault Brigade (Royal Marines, Para’s and Gurkha’s) are in Ukraine protecting embassies, Zelensky and his family. The MOD will never confirm or deny that. But Ben Wallace let it slip out in an interview plus I have a few contacts who haven’t seen their partners since Feb this year. A usual 6 month tour has slightly overrun so to speak. 🤙
That may or maybe not be true. I think there is a view now (9 months down the line) that we are willing to help our friends. It's just so depressing that we were friends with Russia and now we're enemies. I pretty much hate Putin, but I don't know who will replace him.
Derek27

Ukrainian soldiers in Kherson are being mobbed by women and young girls. Wish I signed up now.
Derek27

Sergei Lavrov taken to hospital on arrival in Indonesia. It must be true because Russia denies it. :)
Archery1969

Nato Article 5 broken, Russian missile strikes Poland.
Archangel

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:09 pm
Will we see an immediate NATO response ?
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:10 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Highly likely. It could all escalate quickly.
Derek27

Archangel wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:10 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Despite NATO being clear that an accidental strike will not deter them from retaliation, the media have been very quiet about it!

Perhaps Putin will be given the option of pulling his troops out. He must be looking for an excuse to end the war without admitting defeat.

Edit: I see, it's only just happened.
Emmson

There has to be a response to this strike on Poland whether it was accident or deliberate and the best response is not to expand the current conflict but send ATACAMS to Ukraine immediately.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:35 pm
There has to be a response to this strike on Poland whether it was accident or deliberate and the best response is not to expand the current conflict but send ATACAMS to Ukraine immediately.
They may already have them. The missile that attacked Putin's bridge had a much longer range than the MRLS we know they've been supplied with. But if a NATO country has been attacked, NATO would look very weak if they don't do anything and simply rely on Ukraine to defend us.

Return to “Chill Out Area”