Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
jamesg46

So we have some that say Putin is mentally ill & I think it can be agreed that Biden is past his cognitive peak…

Two biggest nuclear powers are in the hands of the two sharpest minds in the game then, boy o boy.

On a positive note, a nuclear war will put an end to inflation & erm everything so we don’t need to worry.
Archery1969

Very well trained and disciplined Russian army:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61425025
Trader Pat

You could see how poorly disciplined they were in the first few days when they were looting shops and the like. This not surprising at all considering they've been doing it for weeks now. Not to mention all the reports of rapes. You can only hope most of the bastards end up face down in a ditch somewhere but karma is bullshit so most will never pay for their crimes.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:30 pm
You could see how poorly disciplined they were in the first few days when they were looting shops and the like. This not surprising at all considering they've been doing it for weeks now. Not to mention all the reports of rapes. You can only hope most of the bastards end up face down in a ditch somewhere but karma is bullshit so most will never pay for their crimes.
What's astonishing for me is the level of hatred that Putin's narrative has created in this very short space of time, that in itself is the ultimate war crime.

Usually it takes generations of hatred, but I imagine those that fully buy into it are capable of just about anything. Not to mention a lot of their soldiers coming from the poorest parts of Russia with some seeing modern toilets for the first time in their life, which is almost equally astonishing, but in part explains the looting obsessions etc.

I know people are always worried about Putin's exit plans but they are masters of spin so I'm sure they can spin just about anything as well. They could just cut their losses at some point and pick on somebody of their own size instead, like Lithuania etc, if it were even worth the trouble in the first place.
napshnap

Kai wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:46 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
...Not to mention a lot of their soldiers coming from the poorest parts of Russia with some seeing modern toilets for the first time in their life, which is almost equally astonishing, but in part explains the looting obsessions etc...
Thanks, Kai. Laughed at that, the great joker as always)!
Me myself saw modern toilet first time on my adulthood celebration, I've been presented with "modern toilet", khokhloma decorated ak-47, tank of vodka, a bear saddle and a matreshka prostitutes (don't ask me what is it).

I know where from this all are going - some ukrainian info recourses, they have this "toilet thingy" (I don't know how to call it - fetish, maybe?) stuck in their heads.
Trader Pat

napshnap wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:15 pm
Kai wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
...Not to mention a lot of their soldiers coming from the poorest parts of Russia with some seeing modern toilets for the first time in their life, which is almost equally astonishing, but in part explains the looting obsessions etc...
Me myself saw modern toilet first time on my adulthood celebration, I've been presented with "modern toilet", khokhloma decorated ak-47, tank of vodka, a bear saddle and a matreshka prostitutes (don't ask me what is it).
:lol:
napshnap

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:27 pm
napshnap wrote:
Kai wrote:

Don't thank me it's all legendary Jim Carrey who inspired me to write this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ic3xNfEP_o, enjoy!
Trader Pat

napshnap wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:32 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
napshnap wrote:

Don't thank me it's all legendary Jim Carrey who inspired me to write this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ic3xNfEP_o, enjoy!
Brilliant :D
Kai

napshnap wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 5:32 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
napshnap wrote:

That's one of my fav Jim Carrey bits :D

Although wasn't really a joke, just something I kept seeing reported, since Russian soldiers use smart phones they intercept their calls and then translate to put on Reddit etc, a lot of talk about looting in general.

Another source are babushkas like this :) : https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/commen ... kyiv_tell/
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
What's astonishing for me is the level of hatred that Putin's narrative has created in this very short space of time, that in itself is the ultimate war crime.

Usually it takes generations of hatred, but I imagine those that fully buy into it are capable of just about anything. Not to mention a lot of their soldiers coming from the poorest parts of Russia with some seeing modern toilets for the first time in their life, which is almost equally astonishing, but in part explains the looting obsessions etc.

I know people are always worried about Putin's exit plans but they are masters of spin so I'm sure they can spin just about anything as well. They could just cut their losses at some point and pick on somebody of their own size instead, like Lithuania etc, if it were even worth the trouble in the first place.
Don't forget that US and British soldiers were responsible for atrocities in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's what war does to people.

And if Ukrainians commit war crimes try telling Kira Rudik that. :D

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... ky-news-vn
Derek27

What bollocks from the mouth of the Russian UN ambassador. He'd give Alex a run for his money. :)
Derek27

More encouraging news about Putin being seriously ill. :D

What happens with the war if Putin dies? Any ideas?
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:04 pm
More encouraging news about Putin being seriously ill. :D

What happens with the war if Putin dies? Any ideas?
It all depends if that guy holding the suitcase is with him near the end. He might turn to him and say press that big RED button. :o
Derek27

Head of Ukrainian intelligence claims the process to replace Putin has already begun.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:11 pm
Head of Ukrainian intelligence claims the process to replace Putin has already begun.
I’d take 0.00000000000000000000000001 that you’re always first to regurgitate.

Return to “Chill Out Area”