Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:10 pm
Four occupied regions of Ukraine have begun holding self-styled referendums on joining Russia.

Denounced as illegitimate and a sham by Ukraine and the West, the votes are taking place over five days just behind the front line. Reports speak of soldiers going door to door to collect votes on the first day.

"You have to answer verbally and the soldier marks the answer on the sheet and keeps it," one woman in Enerhodar told the BBC.

Russia that its territory is coming under attack from Western weapons supplied to Ukraine, the BBC's Paul Kirby explains.
People have been supplying weapons to Ukraine from early on. Poland being the 2nd biggest provider of military aid. Now why would that be?
They hate Russians? I think not.
They are close to Ukraine? I think so.
They think they'll be next if Ukraine falls? Defiinitely.
The irony with Poland is a couple I shared acoomodation with a decade ago where here working because the EU allowed it and they felt their country was still dominated by communist corruption. How badly have we navigated the last decade?
Telling people with "get up and go" to sod off back to where you came from.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:52 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Four occupied regions of Ukraine have begun holding self-styled referendums on joining Russia.

Denounced as illegitimate and a sham by Ukraine and the West, the votes are taking place over five days just behind the front line. Reports speak of soldiers going door to door to collect votes on the first day.

"You have to answer verbally and the soldier marks the answer on the sheet and keeps it," one woman in Enerhodar told the BBC.

Russia that its territory is coming under attack from Western weapons supplied to Ukraine, the BBC's Paul Kirby explains.
People have been supplying weapons to Ukraine from early on. Poland being the 2nd biggest provider of military aid. Now why would that be?
The irony with Poland is a couple I shared acoomodation with a decade ago where here working because the EU allowed it and they felt their country was still dominated by communist corruption. How badly have we navigated the last decade?
I got a fair amount of Polish friends, stayed with most of them when I visited. Wouldn’t take a penny off me for food or lodgings.

They were so hospitable and helpful.

I was pretty upset and annoyed by the way they were treated some time back by UK, press and idiots over here.

Was there in April just gone, great friends and I know 100% would be on a plane / boat to us if the UK had military problems like Ukraine.

They do like a drink though. 🤣
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:

I got a fair amount of Polish friends, stayed with most of them when I visited. Wouldn’t take a penny off me for food or lodgings.

I was pretty upset and annoyed by the way they were treated some time back by UK, press and idiots over here.

Was there in April just gone, great friends and I know 100% would be on a plane / boat to us if the UK had military problems like Ukraine.

Indeed, be very wary of a Pole approaching you with a bottle of Zubrowka and a bottle of apple juice, with a seemingly small glass. :D
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:25 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:16 pm
greenmark wrote:

Indeed, be very wary of a Pole approaching you with a bottle of Zubrowka and a bottle of apple juice, with a seemingly small glass. :D
😂
Archery1969

The EU says, Putin using Nuclear Weapons is a real possibility if Russia has further battlefield setbacks.

Problem for him and Russia is that NATO has excellent listening systems around the world. They will know the moment one or more is launched. Then Russia would be toast, so to speak.

His mistake would be to just launch one at Ukraine to prove a point. If so I suspect the USA will then take out his entire infrastructure and armed forces to prevent further launches.
Archangel

All the invasion of Ukraine has proven is that the Russian military is pretty hopeless. They are in full retreat almost everywhere, and now calling up reservists in desperation
Of course they still have the option of chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

Still don't know if Putin is mad enough to actually use them though 🤔
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:23 pm
All the invasion of Ukraine has proven is that the Russian military is pretty hopeless. They are in full retreat almost everywhere, and now calling up reservists in desperation
Of course they still have the option of chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

Still don't know if Putin is mad enough to actually use them though 🤔
If, in your own mind, you had nothing left to lose and wanted to go down in history for trying to protect your country, one might just be mad enough to do anything. Don’t forget, Russia, for one, doesn’t really value their citizens per say.
Archery1969

Vladimir Putin has fired the general charged with managing the Russian military's faltering logistics operations in Ukraine.

I wonder if he been novochocked.

😂
Archery1969

Poor Russians trying to escape to Georgia. They don’t want them after the 2008 war.

😂
Archery1969

Footage is circulating on social media showing newly drafted Russian recruits being equipped with rusty assault rifles.

Anyone that knows the AK47 would realise these assault rifles have probably been in storage since the Afghanistan war in the 1980s

😂
greenmark

Putin must be grateful of the support of a respected European politician. :roll:

"Silvio Berlusconi: Ex-PM defends Russian war on eve of Italian election".
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:44 pm
Putin must be grateful of the support of a respected European politician. :roll:

A nice-looking successor's about to be elected. :)
Derek27

A soldier went into a block of flats and asked a geezer if he wants to vote in the referendum. The geezer said he doesn't live there. The soldier asked, are you sure? :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:57 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:44 pm

A nice-looking successor's about to be elected. :)
Another far right bint for your harem alongside Truss.
Derek27

This is the girl I want to marry. :D

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Chill Out Area”