Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
napshnap

And I been worried that's all about an ideals or the sacred values but no guys, everything is alright, it's still all about good old monehhh:

"The US has no immediate way to slash the price Americans are paying for gasoline, and is considering other proposals such as trying to set a lower price for sale of Russian crude, President Joe Biden said."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -price-cap
greenmark

Empty shelves again of sunflower oil, but also rapeseed.
Loads of olive oil and veg.
Imagine the Greeks and Italians are as happy as.
1st world problems eh?
I wonder whether there are UK et al farmers thinking sunflower might be a decent crop.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:51 pm
Empty shelves again of sunflower oil, but also rapeseed.
Loads of olive oil and veg.
Imagine the Greeks and Italians are as happy as.
1st world problems eh?
I wonder whether there are UK et al farmers thinking sunflower might be a decent crop.
A couple of years ago I had 3 giant sunflowers in my garden. The only reason I didn't have the seeds on my breakfast cereal is that they were infested with ants.

Can't imagine how many plants you'd need to make one litre of oil but Ukraine isn't short of space with thousands of square miles of fertile land, we probably don't have the capacity to produce much of it.
Derek27

Interesting hearing Professor Michael Clarke answering the question of what happens if Putin opts for a tactical nuclear strike. He reckons NATO will go for an all-out conventional missile strike on Russia's military installations.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:35 am
Interesting hearing Professor Michael Clarke answering the question of what happens if Putin opts for a tactical nuclear strike. He reckons NATO will go for an all-out conventional missile strike on Russia's military installations.
That seems rather stupid to me. What would the Russian submarines carrying nukes then do, probably nuke Europe and USA ?
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:28 pm
Derek27 wrote:
That seems rather stupid to me. What would the Russian submarines carrying nukes then do, probably nuke Europe and USA ?
I think they would be on the hit list as well. I assumed it would be a low-yield nuclear strike, but if they can do it with conventional weapons it could all be over in a few hours.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:39 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
I think they would be on the hit list as well. I assumed it would be a low-yield nuclear strike, but if they can do it with conventional weapons it could all be over in a few hours.
But can you track and know where these submarines are in the world ?, if the answer is no then it would be taking a big risk.

It would make sense when taking out fixed military installations but not for mobile untrackable ones. For it to work they would need to take out ALL fixed and mobile installation at the same time on Land, Sea and Air. It might work but would take some serious planning and implementation in a split second. Not sure I would trust polititians to get their act together to accomplish it.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:46 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:39 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

But can you track and know where these submarines are in the world ?, if the answer is no then it would be taking a big risk.

It would make sense when taking out fixed military installations but not for mobile untrackable ones. For it to work they would need to take out ALL fixed and mobile installation at the same time on Land, Sea and Air. It might work but would take some serious planning and implementation in a split second. Not sure I would trust polititians to get their act together to accomplish it.
I believe Putin's submarines are not state of the art, noisy and easily detectable. The US might even be keeping tabs on them.

It would take a massive amount of planning but that's what the west excels at and Putin's incapable of doing. According to Clarke, Russia have all the gear to destroy Ukrainian air-defence batteries and take control of the sky, but they don't have the trained personnel, planning ability or competence.
Derek27

Putin's comparing himself with Peter the Great, but will go down in history as Putin the Great Tit!
Derek27

Russia reportedly running out of precision missiles.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:17 pm
I bet your fingers couldn’t type that fast enough… when the process speed of your fingers are faster than the process speed of your brain this is what happens, regurgitation.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:31 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I bet your fingers couldn’t type that fast enough… when the process speed of your fingers are faster than the process speed of your brain this is what happens, regurgitation.
I bet you couldn't click on my post fast enough to read what I've written. :lol:

Sorry if that comment upsets you James, but nobody else is complaining.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:08 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:31 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I bet you couldn't click on my post fast enough to read what I've written. :lol:

Sorry if that comment upsets you James, but nobody else is complaining.
You’re on to a losing bet, posts are time stamped 😏

It would of been more factual if you had of used interested instead of complaining.
greenmark

Cholera in Mariupol. Well done Vlad!
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:40 pm

You’re on to a losing bet, posts are time stamped 😏
The time you noticed my post is not time-stamped. You can't wait to read my posts.

Return to “Chill Out Area”